Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
65
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    The question i have to ask you is this: Is the "Faction Leader of the Orcs" always the same thing as the "Warchief of the Horde"
    Are those two titles the same thing (abolute equivalents, if A=B then B=A)? or is it possible for them to be two different people?
    Historically, they are the same thing. The Horde is originally an orc conglomeration of multiple clans, with the Warchief being the overarching leader. Blizzard would have to invent a new position if they want to decouple them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  2. #282
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    The question i have to ask you is this: Is the "Faction Leader of the Orcs" always the same thing as the "Warchief of the Horde"
    Are those two titles the same thing (abolute equivalents, if A=B then B=A)? or is it possible for them to be two different people?
    Has the warchief of the horde, any horde, always been an orc. YES, its an orcish title, its one orcs have carried over to any horde, be it this horde, dark horde, fel horde, its always an orc.

    Thats like asking just because humans are lead by humans why can't a night elf become king, its ridiculous.

  3. #283
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Has the warchief of the horde, any horde, always been an orc. YES, its an orcish title, its one orcs have carried over to any horde, be it this horde, dark horde, fel horde, its always an orc.

    Thats like asking just because humans are lead by humans why can't a night elf become king, its ridiculous.
    What if the non-orcish members of the confederacy that calls itself 'the horde' choose not to accept the new faction leader of the Orcs as the head of that confederacy and decide a non orc shall be the ultimate leader of the confederacy. Will they change the name of 'the Horde' to something else, or change the title Warchief to something else, or leave the confederacy alltogether, or just agree to call the new non-orcish leader of the confederacy 'Warchief of the Horde' anyway?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Historically, they are the same thing. The Horde is originally an orc conglomeration of multiple clans, with the Warchief being the overarching leader. Blizzard would have to invent a new position if they want to decouple them.
    historical precedent follows from the fact that all previous Hordes were conglomeration of Orc Clans, but the current horde is a conglomeration of several races, most of which are non-orc.

    Horde warchiefs historically came from any number of different clans (not always the same clan), they just had to be clans that were members of which ever Horde that was.
    i see no reason why the new horde can't pick a warchief from amongst their existing races in like manner.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    historical precedent follows from the fact that all previous Hordes were conglomeration of Orc Clans, but the current horde is a conglomeration of several races, most of which are non-orc.

    Horde warchiefs historically came from any number of different clans (not always the same clan), they just had to be clans that were members of which ever Horde that was.
    i see no reason why the new horde can't pick a warchief from amongst their existing races in like manner.
    It's not the same thing. Take Tauren for example. Each individual tribe didn't join the Horde. First, it was the Bloodhoof tribe that joined. All other clans joined under the High Chieftain of the United Tribes of Tauren (this formal name for the united tribes is from the RPG, but the High Chieftain title is canon along with his dominion over other tribes), formed under the Bloodhoofs. Each Tauren tribe chieftain is 2 levels below Warchief. Each Orc clan chieftain is 1 level below Warchief.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-05 at 09:35 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's not the same thing. Take Tauren for example. Each individual tribe didn't join the Horde. First, it was the Bloodhoof tribe that joined. All other clans joined under the High Chieftain of the United Tribes of Tauren (this formal name for the united tribes is from the RPG, but the High Chieftain title is canon along with his dominion over other tribes), formed under the Bloodhoofs. Each Tauren tribe chieftain is 2 levels below Warchief. Each Orc clan chieftain is 1 level below Warchief.
    I think what he meant was more that if you look at each race as different "clans" not the actual different clans that make up each race. Which obviously gives you the usual run of choices that everyone has been debating the last several months.

  6. #286
    The devs have already stated that the new Warchief isn't being picked this expansion.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I think what he meant was more that if you look at each race as different "clans" not the actual different clans that make up each race. Which obviously gives you the usual run of choices that everyone has been debating the last several months.
    But that's the fundamental difference. The Orcs are not treated as a single race in the Horde. Each orc clan is treated as a separate entity. It's that each of the other races is treated like an Orc clan.

    EDIT: I'm not saying that they can't change it, just that it would be a very drastic change. Like if suddenly all the European countries in the UN no longer counted as separate countries and just got lobbed together into 1 entity with 1 representative for all of Europe.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-05 at 09:47 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    The devs have already stated that the new Warchief isn't being picked this expansion.
    Again, for the 10th or so time: Chilton & Stockton just recently said at gamescom that the new Horde Warchief will be REVEALED in the SoO ending cinematic after Garrosh's defeat!

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    As they release the patch, the final cinematics will be released as well, soon they will be datamined (before anyone kill normal Garrosh) and we will contemplate the name of the new Warchief of the horde.

    This will be a crazy day, some people will be happy, some will get mad. Forums will explode with joy and with tears.

    Personally any candidate is good enough for me, but I just can't stand Lor'themar.

    What are your thoughts? will you get angry if they don't choose your preferred one?
    We won't be seeing the new warchief until "5.5" at least, maybe 6.0.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Metzen is the reason Warcraft Orcs aren't a 2 dimensional parody of European Soccer Hooligans, all I really have to say is "don't cut yourself on all of that edge."

    As far as Lor'themar, he's not a bad guy, but he's no Warchief, and I honestly cannot fathom how people would want to piss on this games story just for some "new and exciting" change...
    I do love the ork's in warhammer 40k lol

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    We won't be seeing the new warchief until "5.5" at least, maybe 6.0.
    For the 11th or so time: Chilton & Stockton just recently said at gamescom that the new Horde Warchief will be REVEALED in the SoO ending cinematic after Garrosh's defeat!

  12. #292
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Historically, they are the same thing. The Horde is originally an orc conglomeration of multiple clans, with the Warchief being the overarching leader. Blizzard would have to invent a new position if they want to decouple them.
    Seems quite easy :P
    Warchief Saurfang and Warchief of the Horde, Lor'themar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The problem with Lorthemar being warchief is because of his character development. In his speech on the Isle of Thunder, he says something along the lines of:

    "THIS is where I belong! No paperwork, no politics... Just the clash of magic and steel!"

    Lorthemar HATES being Regent Lord. He's a Ranger General first and foremost, he only retains the mantle of Regent Lord because he has to. He wouldn't WANT to be Warchief. All other arguments about him really don't hold water; We don't know the Warchief of our Horde has to be an Orc. There's no reason it can't be any of the other Horde races. It's simply that he WOULDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH MORE POLITICAL CRAP.
    Because Garrosh was the paperwork kind of guy?

    I'm sure he would take the job if they asked him to.
    Not because he wants to, but because he has to take it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wow thats a horrible comparison.. do people actually look at obama as 'the black guy'?
    Well thats stupid, he's an american president leading america.

    (really did you just lump black americans and white americans into two different camps there?)

    A better comparison would be saying having a german being president, or a spanish leading the UK.
    Nobody is saying a Blood Elf will be the new Orc leader.
    Orcs can have their own leader and Lor'Themar will lead the entire Horde.

    About the analogy:
    An American will be the President of the USA.
    But the UN has someone from South Korea as leader.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    For the 11th or so time: Chilton & Stockton just recently said at gamescom that the new Horde Warchief will be REVEALED in the SoO ending cinematic after Garrosh's defeat!
    People are getting confused because Blizzard said the permanent changes to Org wouldn't happen until a later patch (probably includes the out of instance replacement of Garrosh).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Seems quite easy :P
    Warchief Saurfang and Warchief of the Horde, Lor'themar.
    I'm not saying that they can't change it, just that it would be a very drastic change. Like if suddenly all the European countries in the UN no longer counted as separate countries and just got lobbed together into 1 entity with 1 representative for all of Europe.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  14. #294
    Field Marshal saintminya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boone, North Carolina
    Posts
    51
    i'm ready to pledge allegiance to my hopeful new warchief: Lor'themar Theron. Vol'jin is the only other candidate i'd anticipate...but compared to the regent-lord, he's kind of a spite-clouded rogue of sorts.

    unrealistically, so would not mind seeing Gamon rising to warchief in a rage of glory.

  15. #295
    High Overlord cwowtbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    194
    Trassk, with all due respect, chill out. Its a game, you are not an orc in real life, you take every suggestion that people say on here so damn personal. I for one would like the horde headquarters shifted out of Orgrimmar and moved elsewhere say.... Silvermoon. If you take this the wrong way, then /shrug, think about how your overall demeanor is on these forums, constantly negative. Thank you.

  16. #296
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    Trassk, with all due respect, chill out. Its a game, you are not an orc in real life, you take every suggestion that people say on here so damn personal. I for one would like the horde headquarters shifted out of Orgrimmar and moved elsewhere say.... Silvermoon. If you take this the wrong way, then /shrug, think about how your overall demeanor is on these forums, constantly negative. Thank you.
    I'm not an orc? *looks around* Wow, I'm glad you told me that, I was confused there.

    Having an opinion or suggestion it one thing, but making it as a means of spite then its obvious, thats not worth giving anyone credit for.

  17. #297
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    1 - the twilights hammer were insane, power hungry despots who wanted to end the world, they didn't care if an orc, orge, or dragon told them to, they just followed for the sake of destruction.
    2 - Every other playable race is represented by one of there own kind. You can't even present to me an example of someone who isn't the same as there own kind, because a leader has to have that understanding of that respected race. Thats just fundamental story telling in this genre.

    And since the alliance is still lead by humans and there human king as become warchief of the horde, having a non-orc warchief representing the horde is complete bullshit.
    Well why dont just put, lets say, Thrall as the leader of the orcs, and put Lorthemar as leader of the Horde...

  18. #298
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm not saying that they can't change it, just that it would be a very drastic change. Like if suddenly all the European countries in the UN no longer counted as separate countries and just got lobbed together into 1 entity with 1 representative for all of Europe.
    That analogy makes no sense at all.
    It would be like an alliance that was "always" led by country X, suddenly be led by country Y. (Always between "-s because there have been only TWO leaders)
    Well, no problem with that right..

    The new Horde has only had two leaders, both happened to be Orcs and one went batshit crazy.
    Two Orcs don't make a pattern and a Blood Elf wouldn't be a "drastic" change.

  19. #299
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well why dont just put, lets say, Thrall as the leader of the orcs, and put Lorthemar as leader of the Horde...
    because blood elves don't deserve to be regarded as the main figurehead of the horde, since they are as far away from what the horde is meant to be about as it gets.

    And I don't fancy having lor'themar wiping Varian's ass from here on out as the hordes warchief.

  20. #300
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,424
    Clearly the warchief will be the player in the first raid who kills garrosh with the most DPS.
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •