Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love Sylvanas as Warchief only for the QQ and Death threats Blizz will recieve xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Are you American? That exact analogy is often repeated in the media. Plenty of white conservatives refuse to vote for a black president. This is, in part, what inspired the "Birther Movement" in American politics.
    Not to derail this thread, but there aren't plenty of white conservatives refusing to vote for a man based solely on his skin color. I know it's trendy to attribute a vocal minorities opinions to an entire group of people, especially when talking about the political "right", but try to refrain from that please.
    --A White Conservative American that voted against Obama for other reasons

P.S. Real life comparisons are sometimes helpful, but I think with this specific scenario, considering the way the discussion is currently is going, it would be better to drop this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Are you American? That exact analogy is often repeated in the media. Plenty of white conservatives refuse to vote for a black president. This is, in part, what inspired the "Birther Movement" in American politics.
    well, all white conservatives are stupid. No I'm from the uk, but fact of the matter is obama is an american, and his skin color as nothing to do with what he's capable of doing. However if someone who wasn't american, or even english speaking, became president, I'd wonder wtf is going on here.

That would not be down to skin color but nationality, a man (or woman) who is a living citizen of there own country is someone who knows there own people, and what matters to them. You can't have some from another nation take control of that country and expect people to follow them.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-05 at 08:30 PM.
    #boycottchina

"It's someone unexpected".

I would so lol if it would be Med'an making his apperance in WoW and instantly as Warchief xD
    Hoped for Saurfang since they announced that Thrall would step back a few years back, and still do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbaaland View Post
    "It's someone unexpected".

I would so lol if it would be Med'an making his apperance in WoW and instantly as Warchief xD
    Hoped for Saurfang since they announced that Thrall would step back a few years back, and still do.
    the problem with that line (why in gods name did they say that?) is we see all those lined up ready and able to take leadership.. if blizzard pulled a random character nobody has even thought about out there ass and make him warchief, it would be the biggest FU ever.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple also has an announcement to make on the 10th too! Your new warchief is going to be a cheap iphone with not enough ram or storage space to do anything useful with!

In all seriousness it's most likely to be (in order of likelihood): Thrall (not heard a peep all expansion from him from an Alliance perspective so big entrance), then Vol'jin (most pro-active in the Siege's build up, but seems reluctant in the role), then Lorethmar (the Alliance has seen little of him before or since the purge of Dalaran, and even then it wasn't that interesting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That would not be down to skin color but nationality, a man (or woman) who is a living citizen of there own country is someone who knows there own people, and what matters to them. You can't have some from another nation take control of that country and expect people to follow them.
    The question i have to ask you is this: Is the "Faction Leader of the Orcs" always the same thing as the "Warchief of the Horde"
    Are those two titles the same thing (abolute equivalents, if A=B then B=A)? or is it possible for them to be two different people?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    The question i have to ask you is this: Is the "Faction Leader of the Orcs" always the same thing as the "Warchief of the Horde"
    Are those two titles the same thing (abolute equivalents, if A=B then B=A)? or is it possible for them to be two different people?
    Historically, they are the same thing. The Horde is originally an orc conglomeration of multiple clans, with the Warchief being the overarching leader. Blizzard would have to invent a new position if they want to decouple them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has the warchief of the horde, any horde, always been an orc. YES, its an orcish title, its one orcs have carried over to any horde, be it this horde, dark horde, fel horde, its always an orc.

Thats like asking just because humans are lead by humans why can't a night elf become king, its ridiculous.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Has the warchief of the horde, any horde, always been an orc. YES, its an orcish title, its one orcs have carried over to any horde, be it this horde, dark horde, fel horde, its always an orc.

Thats like asking just because humans are lead by humans why can't a night elf become king, its ridiculous.
    What if the non-orcish members of the confederacy that calls itself 'the horde' choose not to accept the new faction leader of the Orcs as the head of that confederacy and decide a non orc shall be the ultimate leader of the confederacy. Will they change the name of 'the Horde' to something else, or change the title Warchief to something else, or leave the confederacy alltogether, or just agree to call the new non-orcish leader of the confederacy 'Warchief of the Horde' anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Historically, they are the same thing. The Horde is originally an orc conglomeration of multiple clans, with the Warchief being the overarching leader. Blizzard would have to invent a new position if they want to decouple them.
    historical precedent follows from the fact that all previous Hordes were conglomeration of Orc Clans, but the current horde is a conglomeration of several races, most of which are non-orc.

Horde warchiefs historically came from any number of different clans (not always the same clan), they just had to be clans that were members of which ever Horde that was.
    i see no reason why the new horde can't pick a warchief from amongst their existing races in like manner.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    historical precedent follows from the fact that all previous Hordes were conglomeration of Orc Clans, but the current horde is a conglomeration of several races, most of which are non-orc.

Horde warchiefs historically came from any number of different clans (not always the same clan), they just had to be clans that were members of which ever Horde that was.
    i see no reason why the new horde can't pick a warchief from amongst their existing races in like manner.
    It's not the same thing. Take Tauren for example. Each individual tribe didn't join the Horde. First, it was the Bloodhoof tribe that joined. All other clans joined under the High Chieftain of the United Tribes of Tauren (this formal name for the united tribes is from the RPG, but the High Chieftain title is canon along with his dominion over other tribes), formed under the Bloodhoofs. Each Tauren tribe chieftain is 2 levels below Warchief. Each Orc clan chieftain is 1 level below Warchief.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-05 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's not the same thing. Take Tauren for example. Each individual tribe didn't join the Horde. First, it was the Bloodhoof tribe that joined. All other clans joined under the High Chieftain of the United Tribes of Tauren (this formal name for the united tribes is from the RPG, but the High Chieftain title is canon along with his dominion over other tribes), formed under the Bloodhoofs. Each Tauren tribe chieftain is 2 levels below Warchief. Each Orc clan chieftain is 1 level below Warchief.
    I think what he meant was more that if you look at each race as different "clans" not the actual different clans that make up each race. Which obviously gives you the usual run of choices that everyone has been debating the last several months.

The devs have already stated that the new Warchief isn't being picked this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I think what he meant was more that if you look at each race as different "clans" not the actual different clans that make up each race. Which obviously gives you the usual run of choices that everyone has been debating the last several months.
    But that's the fundamental difference. The Orcs are not treated as a single race in the Horde. Each orc clan is treated as a separate entity. It's that each of the other races is treated like an Orc clan.

EDIT: I'm not saying that they can't change it, just that it would be a very drastic change. Like if suddenly all the European countries in the UN no longer counted as separate countries and just got lobbed together into 1 entity with 1 representative for all of Europe.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-05 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    The devs have already stated that the new Warchief isn't being picked this expansion.
    Again, for the 10th or so time: Chilton & Stockton just recently said at gamescom that the new Horde Warchief will be REVEALED in the SoO ending cinematic after Garrosh's defeat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    As they release the patch, the final cinematics will be released as well, soon they will be datamined (before anyone kill normal Garrosh) and we will contemplate the name of the new Warchief of the horde.

This will be a crazy day, some people will be happy, some will get mad. Forums will explode with joy and with tears.

Personally any candidate is good enough for me, but I just can't stand Lor'themar.

What are your thoughts? will you get angry if they don't choose your preferred one?
    We won't be seeing the new warchief until "5.5" at least, maybe 6.0.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Metzen is the reason Warcraft Orcs aren't a 2 dimensional parody of European Soccer Hooligans, all I really have to say is "don't cut yourself on all of that edge."

As far as Lor'themar, he's not a bad guy, but he's no Warchief, and I honestly cannot fathom how people would want to piss on this games story just for some "new and exciting" change...
    I do love the ork's in warhammer 40k lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    We won't be seeing the new warchief until "5.5" at least, maybe 6.0.
    For the 11th or so time: Chilton & Stockton just recently said at gamescom that the new Horde Warchief will be REVEALED in the SoO ending cinematic after Garrosh's defeat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    For the 11th or so time: Chilton & Stockton just recently said at gamescom that the new Horde Warchief will be REVEALED in the SoO ending cinematic after Garrosh's defeat!
    People are getting confused because Blizzard said the permanent changes to Org wouldn't happen until a later patch (probably includes the out of instance replacement of Garrosh).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Seems quite easy :P
    Warchief Saurfang and Warchief of the Horde, Lor'themar.
    I'm not saying that they can't change it, just that it would be a very drastic change. Like if suddenly all the European countries in the UN no longer counted as separate countries and just got lobbed together into 1 entity with 1 representative for all of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm ready to pledge allegiance to my hopeful new warchief: Lor'themar Theron. Vol'jin is the only other candidate i'd anticipate...but compared to the regent-lord, he's kind of a spite-clouded rogue of sorts.

unrealistically, so would not mind seeing Gamon rising to warchief in a rage of glory.