Poll: Have you ever stolen anything?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Have you ever stolen anything?

When i was 8 i had a rich friend that literally had buckets full of marbles in different sizes.
    I took em, loaded up my cool belt pouch (used for marble stashing) and never looked back.
    Felt sorry 4 years later when i was 12, told him. His mom had a heart to heart with me in the car. (no pun intended)

I also got screwed out on my loan and traveling expenses several times when i was working a small time job as a waiter / bartender.
    In return i didnt register certain drinks and just memorized how much the total would be, taking it out of the wallet before stashing it in the safe after workhours. Added it to my "tipjar", no questions asked.

So, have you ever stolen anything? Can range from a pack of gum to a lamborghini for all i care Let's hear them story's
    (i promise i'm not NSA )

To clarify, i'm not talking about downloading, thats another subject entirely
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2013-09-04 at 09:21 PM.

Have I stolen directly from another person or business? No. I've downloaded shit though, because whatever. So I'll abstain.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yeah, I've stolen a few chocolate bars here and there. Used to be the cool thing to do back in secondary school. Think the most I got was a box of Celebrations. Remember eating them on the train back from school. Haha, good times.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2013-09-04 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Have I stolen directly from another person or business? No. I've downloaded shit though, because whatever. So I'll abstain.
    Yeah this pretty much. Aside from pencils/pens in school that basically just forgot I had and didn't mean to steal, I've just downloaded things, never stolen anything physically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Yeah, didnt mean downloading :P

Deleted
    Really small things when I was a kid and it was cool... A couple lollipops that cost less than a dollar (by far) and I think I might've stolen a pack of smokes for a "friend" waaaay back. But that's about it. I'd feel horrible if I stole anything anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 98% downloading. But i did steal cola from my brother many times (and he likes stealing my pizza).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I went through a sort of klepto phase back in high school. I used to work at Walgreens, and it started with small things like chocolate milk and beef jerky, because our "Employee Discount" was 2%. I started stealing stuff from other Walgreens (mostly red bull >.>) since I knew the security setup at each. Over time I 'got better' at it, and started stealing stuff from other places, too. The 'peak' of my phase was stealing electronics from best buy. I used the resources in my electronics class to build a small hand held magnetic gauss tool and a finger blade, to steal things like radios, cd players, and the like, and killing the RFID tag.

Ultimately, I stopped, due to getting caught. The ultimate irony, is that I didn't actually get caught. My friend (at the time) saw I was 'getting all this cool stuff' and decided to try his hand in it. On a day I was making an 'exchange', he stole something as well. After I paid for something else and left, he went through the security checkpoint and set the alarms off. I was already halfway down the parking lot, and the security came running past him, after me, thinking I had set it off. Coincidentally, I had stolen merchandise too. He got off free, as they were none the wiser. I've pretty much never stolen since, after going to court and paying a $250 fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I don't count downloading as stealing, as the original is still there under its original ownership.

Sweets and shizzle for me.
    RETH

Deleted
    I have stolen many things, but never anything that cannot be replaced easily or anything with sentimental value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Various odd things from time to time.

I feel no reason to justify my actions, as pretty much everyone else here has. Stealing is stealing. I am not proud of it but I do not downplay it by attempting to quantify it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    A couple of times in a store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    A couple of times in a store.
    U stole time? How?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing except torrents I even feel bad about walking out of a shop with items I've purchased encase the alarm goes off lol >.<

yeah, icecream once

Deleted
    Stole a bottle of coke that was priced at £2.50 because the price for a half-litre drink is retarded.

In my freshman year of college I was at a frat party with my roommate when the police showed up and broke it up. Everyone scattered like cockroaches. We calmly grabbed one of the kegs and a tap and hid in the closet, and when the coast was clear we took both of them.

We ended up drinking the rest of the beer with some friends and then turned the tap and the keg back in to the grocery store that it was from and got their deposit back.

10+ Year Old Account
    ofcorse, everyone stole at least stole one thing in their life.

just don't turn it into a habit and if you do, don't drop your soap while you take a shower.

downloading didn't even occur to me until i read it

i guess most of us nowadays honestly believe downloading is not stealing

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm way too paranoid/nervous to do anything like that.