Poll: Have you ever stolen anything?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Not really major than I can think of. When I was 5 or so I would hang out in the bread department and nibble on some of their open bread loaves. When I got into high school I would go into my parents room and steal some quarters so I could buy lunch. Probably the worst was taking some munchies out of a store I was in charge of.

When i was 16 i took one of those blinking construction signs. My sister and I were driving past a construction site at night and she decided she wanted it for her room so we stopped threw it in my car and took off.

Also I never pay to take the train here, though they don't have much security in place to stop it so not many people do
    Thanks to Shyama for my beautiful signature
    Naobí 2/7 Mythic

I've never stolen anything.

However I've borrowed tons of stuff with and without permission and forgot to return them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Deleted
    No, nothing at all. Not even a pencil from school.

accidentally walked out of store with something didn't realize it till I got to the car, was to lazy to go back and return it

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuriousLynne View Post
    accidentally walked out of store with something didn't realize it till I got to the car, was to lazy to go back and return it
    Iirc stealing requires intent. So you would be in possession of stolen merchandise but you wouldnt have stolen it.

I stole my best friends Gameboy colour when i was a little kid, guess i was just jealous because i didn't have one and he got it back the same day because my mom found it under my blanket >.<

I stole a 25-cent pack of chewing gum from a drugstore when I was like 6. My mom was there with me, and she didn't notice when I stuck it in my pocket. She caught me later, drove me back to the store, and made me return the pack of gum / apologize to the clerk. :|

That's the only time I can remember intentionally stealing something. There are probably a few situations where I have borrowed items and either forgotten or been unable to return them (ie, my friend let me borrow a Super NES game when I was like 10, and his family suddenly moved away at one point, then I never saw him again), but I don't really count stuff like that as stealing.

I remember stealing some gum when I was little. I don't like stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Iirc stealing requires intent. So you would be in possession of stolen merchandise but you wouldnt have stolen it.
    Legally, sure. I think there's more to theft than just what the law says.