Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    First off;
    Stop worrying about HPS
    Second Don't cast unless you have to IE don't stack spirit so you can roll echo.
    third your Holy, stop trying to top meters and due what Holy does best. Save the day
    Why would I not worry about HPS? If I need to heal during heavy damage, knowing how to maximize my HPS is one of the most important things I can do. Based on my estimates of overhealing done, it is also pretty obvious I don't spam PoH to roll EoL. Do people even do that? I also never once mentioned meters. In any case, the thread spawned a great discussion about our new talents.

IMO
    No one can answer for you what is best with Holy in it's state. If your healers can't top anyone off ever and people die. Go Haste to a point to answer burst, then go mastery. If people are usually topped off within a few and no one is dieing start looking at Crit. Above all, I recommend gemming INT after your spirit cap then look at secondary stats.
    I understand that I need to pick my own values. I was just curious to see what people (especially those who have PTR tested) had to say on the matter, especially in regards to spirit. Regardless, I decided on intellect > mastery with 14k spirit, so I guess I'll see how it goes tomorrow (or today already I guess).
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2013-09-10 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    First off;
    Stop worrying about HPS
    Second Don't cast unless you have to IE don't stack spirit so you can roll echo.
    third your Holy, stop trying to top meters and due what Holy does best. Save the day

IMO
    No one can answer for you what is best with Holy in it's state. If your healers can't top anyone off ever and people die. Go Haste to a point to answer burst, then go mastery. If people are usually topped off within a few and no one is dieing start looking at Crit. Above all, I recommend gemming INT after your spirit cap then look at secondary stats.
    This is good advice.

There is no set rule for holy priest gearing, these are some things to consider and experiment with:
    - Spirit until you're comfortable. This will vary for everyone (12k works for me) and may depend on your choice/luck with trinkets, gems etc...
    - Some haste is good. Experiment, taking note of breakpoints. Remember that renew / sanc breakpoints only matter if you use these spells regularly, and some priests need only take note of lightspring breakpoints.
    - Mastery will probably be the best throughput stat for holy priests in progression fights, constantly struggling to keep everyone's health up. This is especially true for holy priests who spend most of their time in sanctuary. Mastery with easy farm content will have massive overheal - then it's good to reforge away mastery in favour of haste or crit.
    - Crit. Mastery does nothing for ticking heals: renew, HW:sanctuary and lightspring. If these spells make up close to 20% of your healing (not including EoL), then crit > mastery for you in terms of raw healing output. This may (or may not) be true for serenity healing holy priests, depending on renew use.

I'm rocking 15k spirit and sometimes ill use a spirit flask. I gem purified reds, zen greens, and sparkling blues. I care about HPS for 2 reasons. I'm in a 25 man heroic raiding guild and in have a PALTRY 528 ilevel healing against guys at 540+. I also don't have my legendary cloak. I'm handicapped because not this so I need to stay on top if my game to keep my spot.

Deleted
    I'm just going to stick this out there. I have played both Holy and Disc for a while, but due to mana issues never delved into Holy for core raids so often. More as fun during farming MSV or whatnot. Recently, I decided to start playing it more, and Holy Moly that FDCL is perhaps the best thing I've ever seen happen to a priest spec. It effectively gives Holy a secondary resource - free flash heals, which proc serendipity, which makes things cheaper and with 2-set, more effective. It is simply amazing. When I went into Immerseus I was a little worried with our newish tanks and if I would be able to use FDCL effectively in such a situation, but it really was a lifesaver.

Free Instant Flash Heals which proc off everything you do.
    Free Instant Flash Heals which give you a stack of serendipity.
    Free Instant Serendipity Procs which increase your healing efficacy and HPS.

It's simply glorious. I ran with about 13k spirit, and I had not one mana problem. Truly obscenely powerful. This is especially true for being in Chakra: Serenity where I quite like to pop a renew on someone who has taken damage and go back to refresh it if required later than hard case heals on them. For this, the FH procs are outstandingly effective at keeping that renew going on quite a few people while simultaneously providing high quantities of raw heals, and making your future heals more effective. It just adds a whole new dynamic to the holy spec which is (admittedly OP as fuck in the hands of a competent holy priest) just so exciting.

I then decided to go disc and started to cry. It was so boring. "Smitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmite"

Quote Originally Posted by Angeless View Post
    I'm rocking 15k spirit and sometimes ill use a spirit flask.
    I've still never been able to bring myself to use a Spirit Flask... That 1:1 ratio for Spirit and Intellect on flasks compared to the 2:1 you get from gems and whatnot just pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    I've still never been able to bring myself to use a Spirit Flask... That 1:1 ratio for Spirit and Intellect on flasks compared to the 2:1 you get from gems and whatnot just pisses me off.
    Yeah, I agree. There is no reason to use a spirit flask at this point. If you feel you don't have enough, just gem spirit. I ran with 15k the past two nights, and almost never had mana problems. I was spamming a lot (pretty much all overheals) just to test my mana limits. If I was careful and utilized the LMG (insane mana saver for Holy if you use glyphed BH during the proc since it also lowers the mana cost of PoH), I could sustain a decent glyphed BH x2 > PoH rotation for a bit, and when I was dropping below 150k mana I'd just ease up on the BH. Would be even easier to build up those Serendipity stacks if I went with FDCL. The new Mindbender is pretty nice with HoH as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    I'm just going to stick this out there. I have played both Holy and Disc for a while, but due to mana issues never delved into Holy for core raids so often. More as fun during farming MSV or whatnot. Recently, I decided to start playing it more, and Holy Moly that FDCL is perhaps the best thing I've ever seen happen to a priest spec. It effectively gives Holy a secondary resource - free flash heals, which proc serendipity, which makes things cheaper and with 2-set, more effective. It is simply amazing. When I went into Immerseus I was a little worried with our newish tanks and if I would be able to use FDCL effectively in such a situation, but it really was a lifesaver.

Free Instant Flash Heals which proc off everything you do.
    Free Instant Flash Heals which give you a stack of serendipity.
    Free Instant Serendipity Procs which increase your healing efficacy and HPS.

It's simply glorious. I ran with about 13k spirit, and I had not one mana problem. Truly obscenely powerful. This is especially true for being in Chakra: Serenity where I quite like to pop a renew on someone who has taken damage and go back to refresh it if required later than hard case heals on them. For this, the FH procs are outstandingly effective at keeping that renew going on quite a few people while simultaneously providing high quantities of raw heals, and making your future heals more effective. It just adds a whole new dynamic to the holy spec which is (admittedly OP as fuck in the hands of a competent holy priest) just so exciting.

I then decided to go disc and started to cry. It was so boring. "Smitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmitesmite"
    I'm also loving the new FDCL. It never was all that bad in 10m, but it procs more now. Looking forward to seeing how it feels if/when I get the 2 set bonus.