10+ Year Old Account

Better Raid Comp Question.

My guild is going through a little bit of a roster rework. We lost our dk dps, in his place we found a pally, only issue is that he wants to be prot. We have two solid tanks already Monk (me) and a Warrior who will switch mains if need be. I'll link the two proposed raid comps that we are discussing in our group and I want to be as informed as possible.

Comp with warrior swapping to feral http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Comp with me going Windwalker http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Thanks for the assistance.

They both have the same buffs, and the same amount of melee/range. The comps are basically the same, just play whichever you'd prefer. Warriors are nice to have for banners, but Paladins/Brewmasters are better tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with the BrM/Prot Paladin comp. Those two are currently the strongest tanks. Ferals are also quite good versus windwalkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, all I've looked into is Monks for 5.4, I know every spec is getting tweaked so I just had to ask before we gimped ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    BrM tank puts your tokens evenner, which could be important. It also gives you an extra Brez in case your boomy goes down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    BrM tank puts your tokens evenner, which could be important. It also gives you an extra Brez in case your boomy goes down.
    more even* Both are valid points, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    They already have two Brez's, doubt having a third would matter at all to be honest.

The token thing is a good point though.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, using the Warrior tank gives you an extra buff, since your Hunter can only pick one to give. But also, odds of getting two shields to drop? Go with a non-shield tank.

I think it is going to come down to which dps is better, feral or windwalker. I kinda dislike both of them personally, but Warriors are going to be pretty decent dmg wise next patch so that'll make you able to shy away from using a BrM (even though they'll still be really good). I still think, in terms of just killing bosses, the Brm+Feral combination will be better. BrM dmg + guards, avert harm + Heart of the Wild Tranq/offheals, and still getting all the stuff that a prot pally brings is better than WW Monk CDs + Warr Cds, I guess. The only thing you'll miss from the Warr. is Crit Banner, which kinda sucks but I guess could go without.

Personally, I'd ask if the warrior can run as DPS instead of swapping to his druid for DPS. Warrior DPS is going to be higher with out dropping a raid CD (ferals need to drop HotW for max DPS), plus crit banner is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Personally, I'd ask if the warrior can run as DPS instead of swapping to his druid for DPS. Warrior DPS is going to be higher with out dropping a raid CD (ferals need to drop HotW for max DPS), plus crit banner is nice.
    We would have tried that but he is HORRIBLE at warrior dps. As in his fury set is about 530ilvl and he is pulling 80-100k, whereas his druid which is 504ilvl is pulling more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiassi View Post
    We would have tried that but he is HORRIBLE at warrior dps. As in his fury set is about 530ilvl and he is pulling 80-100k, whereas his druid which is 504ilvl is pulling more dps.
    What about his Arms play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    What about his Arms play?
    He hasn't had a 2 hander drop for him to go arms. But he is really excited about his druid.

The one with feral should be better in almost all situations assuming your skills are equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The warrior and I talked it out after I felt I had enough replies from here. We decided it would be best for the group if he went kitty. He is excited to go back to his favorite spec and see how well we can push it in 5.4.