Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood boil damage...

So I have been leveling up my DK lately (Lv 79 ATM).
    Something I have noticed is that...Blood Boil deals about 220% more damage than Scourge Strike...isnt this supposed to be our big hit damage ability? Why on earth does an AoE that can also spread our Diseases deal more than twice the damage of a single target spell? I would like to know if this trend continues in later levels, or does SS eventually take the reins in damage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Scaling on low levels is off for all classes, you won't see this problem when you're done leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    BB scaling is off till ~80 or so. The AP scaling is very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Blood Boil damage eventually stops sucking around 85ish or so? I know Blood gets an ability to increase it's damage to keep up with other aoe threat from other classes, but it's op as sin leveling up, I'll admit. I can recall going into BG's and just slaughtering people with Blood Boil spam.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

blood boil is crazy strong
    so is death siphon if you haven't picked that up. Can easily like 2-3 hit people with it

I loved leveling on my warrior and because of my heirlooms always being on top damage, then I hit outlands. And any dk I saw was doing at least 40% the dmg done with that one spell. It sucked but hey I guess it gives me hope about ever leveling an alliance toon for the achieve :3

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    BB scaling is off till ~80 or so. The AP scaling is very high.
    It's actually its AP scaling that's not high. Its AP scaling was nerfed a while back because it was way too good for Blood at high vengeance, so they nerfed it and upped its base damage significantly, which is why low level DKs even with very little AP are seeing those massive numbers.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I loved it while leveling all 4 of my DKs, wish it hit as hard at 90 lol.

Deleted
    Don't worry, spells scale retardedly at low levels for several classes.

Priests have impenetrable shields, warriors 2 shot people with shield slam, hunters faceroll everything in their path (ok, they do that at 90 too ), etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by So bored View Post
    Don't worry, spells scale retardedly at low levels for several classes.

Priests have impenetrable shields, warriors 2 shot people with shield slam, hunters faceroll everything in their path (ok, they do that at 90 too ), etc etc.
    Don't forget about Devouring Plague at low levels..