Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Too many bosses in SoO ?

I cant imagine how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO when there's 15 bosses. My guild is raiding 5 nights a week and we dont have Heroic Lei Shen down yet.

There are 14 bosses, not 15.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a bad thing?

In any case the problem is the linear instance, not the number of bosses

Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    It's not completely linear though, but I wish you had more choice.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

We'll have around 8 months of this content because the next expansion will be awhile before we see it. I don't see how this is too many bosses. If it only had around 8, people would go crazy by the time the next expansion would release without some bonus content being released to hold people over. So no, definitely not too many bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    Whilst linear does not always equal best, it wouldn't really make sense in a siege scenario to be able to do different wings. You're breaking through set up defensive points, not just killing all the bad orcs.

In other instances I agree though, a step away from the linear template would be nice (like Ulduar).

You'll have, at bare minimum, 6-8 months to down all of the bosses in SoO. You'll likely have tons of time.

I know right. All raids should consist of 3 bosses. 1 for us regular LFR heroes. 1 for those normal types and then the last for the real heroic heroes. Imagine all of the dev time that could be saved with a 3 boss raid. The time would be better spent making more xmog gear and adding more pets to battle with.

That's how it's intended. It has to last a long time. It's the last raid content patch of the expansion so don't expect most guilds to progress through SoO at the same rate as they progressed through ToT, of course the tops guilds will all still blow through it for the most part, but expect ur average guild to take noticeably longer, as they should.

Personally I prefer shorter raid tiers. Though as a rule, end tiers should probably have more. I guess Cata was backwards in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

@thread title
    Nope.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is more content than you can complete available, good; infinitely better than not enough.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I cant imagine how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO when there's 15 bosses. My guild is raiding 5 nights a week and we dont have Heroic Lei Shen down yet.
    doesnt matter how many days you raid, its how you spend the time / players
    And the amount of bosses is alright ish

Deleted
    Haven't all endgame raids been extremely long? AQ,Nax/SWP/ICC/DS have all had many more bosses than the average raid.
    What makes this any harder to clear than previous expansions endgame raids?
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-09-05 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally I prefer shorter raid tiers. Though as a rule, end tiers should probably have more. I guess Cata was backwards in this regard.
    I'm with you. Anything over 10 bosses just becomes annoying to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    The problem is not the number of bosses but your guild raiding quality. 5 nights a week and not 13/13 only suggests to me that you have a few if not many bad apples in your roster.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    not trying to be rude or anything but if you're struggling to clear them on 5 nights a week of effort the wall is your guild's ability and nothing more. .
    Thats what I was thinking when I read this and had a hard time posting it in a fashion that wasnt rude.

We are a 3 night a week raid guild and sure were probably going to have a hard pressed time getting a steady balance between heroic progression yet still saving enough time to clear normal but looking ahead, I expect we will have this patch for 8 months atleast.

Having that many bosses is fine with me.

People are complaining about "too much content"...really?

We will probably be stuck with this patch for upwards of a year or so, without new major raid content. I'd prefer it not to be 8 bosses that you faceroll every week on Wednesday like DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Haven't all endgame raids been extremely long? AQ,Nax/TK/ICC/DS have all had many more bosses than the average raid.
    What makes this any harder to clear than previous expansions endgame raids?
    Please explain which expansion had TK as endgame raid?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/