Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    if he has 11/13 HC, its more then most of the guilds, talking from bad apples is a little bit exaggerated
    I see what he means though. It's generally the same people making mistakes when you are stuck on a boss for a long time.

Deleted
    u dont like that... Go get to vanilla and kill 10 MC or 8 BWL bosses and then tell me thats not to much xD

Deleted
    you gonna clear 14/14 in one evening anyways
    so not a big problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    not trying to be rude or anything but if you're struggling to clear them on 5 nights a week of effort the wall is your guild's ability and nothing more. Flex raiding is targeted for your guild so you can complete it, get meaningful gear that isn't dreadful LFR experience and even get glory of the orgrimmar raider. Having 14 bosses isn't too many though.
    I agree my guild raids 3 nights a week for 3 hours and we've missed about 5 lock outs this tier due to people missing and we're 10/13 heroic, if your "hardcore" enough to raid 5 nights a week then unless your only raiding for like a hour a night you need to be replacing people that aren't preforming, not reducing the amount of raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    It's also friendlier to casuals, as more bosses = smoother difficulty ramp up curve.
    That's not necessarily given, but at least there was some statement SoO would have a better worked out ramp up. ToT was a disaster in that respect.

OT: No, there is no such thing as too many bosses, especially not in the xpac's final tier. Remember, even if Blizzard can pull a much shorter time between 5.4 and 6.0 we'll probably raid SoO for more than half a year anyway. Assuming you're the standard raider which means you'll clear normal far before the content is over and probably achieve 50 - 90% heroic kills in time as well, it's actually good if you take a few weeks to clear normal, because it means you will take longer to get into heroics, heroics will probably keep you raiding longer. It would be a bad thing if the majority of raiders had 7/14 HC in week 2 because you'd be out of stuff to do in the first months. This is actually one of the things Blizzard vastly improved compared to Cata's 2nd and 3rd raid tier, we should be thankful they saw their errors from back then.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I cant imagine how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO when there's 15 bosses. My guild is raiding 5 nights a week and we dont have Heroic Lei Shen down yet.
    and why do we care that you haven't down Lei Shen on Heroic? Bigger question, who said you have to down Lei Shen on heroic in same tear.

I cant imagine how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO when there's 15 bosses. My guild is raiding 5 nights a week and we dont have Heroic Lei Shen down yet.
    5 nights a week and you haven't downed Lei Shen HC? You need to fix your guild then...

more bosses the better....i miss naxx and ulduar.

Deleted
    I was asking myself the same thing, but considering every last raid was on for about a year it's a good thing, but true with 4 difficulties and the fact that the majority will clear the bosses on lfr, flx and normal it's going to get boring.

it doesn't matter if there are 14 bosses. What actually matters, is how much super annoying time consuming meaningless stupid thrash packs are inbetween these bosses.

Deleted
    14 seems fine to me, I wonder how pull-heavy the raid is?hated the amount of pulls in ToT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I prefer big raids with alot of bosses, so looking forward to this.

It's also friendlier to casuals, as more bosses = smoother difficulty ramp up curve.
    It's actually less friendly to casuals (by which I mean, people without much play-time and NOT people who play fucktons but are just utter shit).

When you split a 15 boss raid in two, so we have a raid of 7 and a raid of 8, it means that when it comes to heroic progress they can focus on 1 dungeon at a time if they only have 1-2 nights a week. They wont have to clear 7 or 8 bosses in normal to get to the next "easiest" heroic boss like people had to do in ToT.

It also means when everything in 1 instance is down on Heroic, they can stop doing that one/farm it on an off/bonus day while they work on the other instance.

Yeah, guilds with limited time could extend when it comes to a long linear raid like this but there's a big problem with that; firstly no gear for the reset if you spend all your time on progressing the 12th boss. Secondly because it's one long raid, and you've extended it, the previous 11 bosses will remain dead until you reset it.

Which means nobody can pug anything for that week. If there were two instances and you say "OK we're focusing on this one this week with our raid night" it lets your members still be free to pug the other instance and have a shot at some gear drops.

There is literally no benefit to a single 15 boss instance apart from it feeling supposedly "epic". 2 dungeons with 7 +8 is still the same amount of content, just presented in a more true-casual way imo.

Also, ToT heroic had 13 bosses and the difficulty curve is all over the place, especially in 10man. So that particularly argument holds no water anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-09-05 at 01:10 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have 14 bosses and not clear heroic, than 8 bosses and be done in the first month.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Did you complain about Ulduar too?

Heroics are not meant to be cleared by everyone. Nor are normals really, which is why they're adding flex raiding for those guild that want progression but don't have the time/energy/group for normals, so they'll have something other than lfr next patch.

when i was raiding hc firelands and ds I wanted more bosses. But now I'm playing casual I want fewer. Don't have the time to progress 14bosses. It all depends on your playstyle... having good hopes for flex.

Actually kinda worried we (as a 13/13H guild) won't be able to clear Normals the first week with our 12hr raid week and will have to add extra days. (
    12hours for 14 bosses is just not enough time for us since it took like 3 weeks to clear Normal ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakiru View Post
    14 bosses is a bit much, I'd rather have 2 raids with 7 than 1 with 14
    One raid with 14 bosses beaths 2 raids with 7 bosses, ANY DAY!!

I've always hated the small raids, they never seem serious..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    No, perfect amount of bosses. Your guild just isn't doing so great.

I just hope more bosses => less trash. Jinrokh-Horridon, Horridon-Council, Tortos-Megaera trash really makes me sad...