Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymane View Post
    OP, you should work at blizzard in case you don't, you seem to know a lot without having the facts!!!
    If only you guys could see my face right now. Man, I laughed quite a bit, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Everyone seems to be jumping on the 'Blizzard is a money grabbing machine' train recently, and this is just another carriage.
    Actually, it would be quite stupid for Blizzard not to try and be a "money grabbing machine", or am I mistaken? Since, they are a company, the aim of a company should be to make money, the more the better, if they don't do that something is seriously wrong. However, for some reason people still seem to mistake Blizzard - or any game developer - for their playground buddies. It's not like that, seriously. While the designers and community managers might think about the artistical or social aspects of their work otherwise, in the end everything they do is to make money for Blizzard.

On the other hand, I really doubt it is Blizzard's strategy to get a majority of PC D3 players to buy the console box again. That seems just a little far fetched, you assume that these players own a console which is not a given, you assume they are actually willing to pay for the same thing again which they have run through over and over and over already. How much time do you want to invest into the same game, especially since we now know it doesn't really meet the expecations? Yes there may surely be enough who will buy D3 a second time but I doubt they will accumulate to a siginificant number. My guess is, this Loot 2.0 thing can be seen as a catch-up mechanic aimed at those that consider getting the console version as their start into D3, and nothing more.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Makes sense to me. I've actually considered getting the console version myself. Self found loot being near worthless and the game revolving around the auction house is my biggest gripe with Diablo III.
    My DH is a self found char. Maybe i don't farm MP10 in 20 minutes, but i can assure you i found some upgrades.

EDIT: just to enter in more detail, i nerdraged a lot when i found myself 5 days after release trying to start farming inferno and only dying because of bad gear, and deleted all my old characters because if i didn't buy my gear from AH, i would have been locked in act2 forever.

That days are long over anyway. You can easily play the game and start farming - you can go easily also to AH and buy all your uber gear defeating the entire game purpose. Your choice.

Blizzard making a different version of D3 for consoles with different loot system and no AH? Yes, i also think the game should have shipped that way from the very start, but guess what? You cannot go backwards in time. Blizzard is trying to fix everything and listen to players, and loot 2.0 is their answer.

I would be way more pissed if they just said "D3 is this, don't expect anything else".

Bad game on release under multiple aspects, and i don't value much the web game revisions because of too many commercial interests over them. I just find D3 fun as it is now, and loot 2.0 will make the game only better for me.

Last note, i don't think anyone will take the OP seriously since you are ranting about a videogame you don't like but still play and calling people who disagree with you "fanboys". But whatever, you're free to do anything you want (apart trolling/flaming ofc).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-09-05 at 11:33 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My DH is a self found char. Maybe i don't farm MP10 in 20 minutes, but i can assure you i found some upgrades.
    If you dont use the AH you're bound to find more upgrades. Buying from AH decreases the pool of items that could be a upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    If you dont use the AH you're bound to find more upgrades. Buying from AH decreases the pool of items that could be a upgrade.
    Isn't it the puropose of the game and AH?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Maybe there is a reason.........

Anyways, the reason Loot 2.0 isn't in the game yet is because they are developing it to be released with the new expansion. It will be one of the "big features" that will draw a lot of players back to the game and push them to buy the expansion.

Also, it is pretty clear (based on lack of updates/patches for months now) that the team has been primarily focused on the console version. It is safe to assume with the console version complete and Blizzcon around the corner that a lot of information is coming soon, but Blizzard has decided to not release loot 2.0 in a simple random patch and instead they are waiting to release it with the new expansion.

From a business perspective, that makes sense, especially since D3 isn't a subscription based game and they will receive most of their revenue from sales.... so you release the new feature with the expansion to increase sales...

Obviously Loot 2.0 doesn't take 6+ months to develop, so there is a reason they are waiting to release it.
    It took all of 10 seconds to find the blizz confirmation that loot 2.0 will be a a patch BEFORE the xpac, but the patch wont be released before Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-09-05 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Know what exactly? You just spewed the biggest load of nonsense I've read in a while citing 'Business Perspective', which clearly leads me to believe you've never run your business in your life.

Everyone seems to be jumping on the 'Blizzard is a money grabbing machine' train recently, and this is just another carriage.
    They are a greedy organisation, don't be delusional. They take and take and take and rarely give anything worthwhile back nowdays. It doesn't matter whether the OP is wrong or not on this occasion, they have been pulling moves like that for a long time. Its a smart business model but its doesn't do them any favours in terms of how they are perceived. Their PR are down the shitter atm and its only people that lack the ability to see the bigger picture that think otherwise. Check yourself because you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not see whats happening.

Also please....running a small business =/= running a multinational, multi billion dollar corporation so please don't pretend like your experience is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    It took all of 10 seconds to find the blizz confirmation that loot 2.0 will be a a patch BEFORE the xpac, but the patch wont be released before Blizzcon.
    It's quite obvious that it won't be released shortly after blizzcon as well.
    It will be released just 2-4 weeks before the expansion. Because "loot2.0" itself can't exist without total itemization revamp, all the lvl1-lvl70 items. And they won't do this revamp twice, obviously. They will do it just once and it will be balanced around 5 acts per difficulty.

You'll get your loot 2.0 in the expansion prepatch with all the other features.

if someone is going to pay for a full price game they already have because of loot changes they deserve to be ripped off.

I'd imagine life must suck pretty badly when you hate everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

why on fucking earth would someone buy the console version of D3 JUST for the increased loot.

That is by far the most retarded conclusion to a conspiracy I have heard all month.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    They are a greedy organisation, don't be delusional. They take and take and take and rarely give anything worthwhile back nowdays.
    Sorry, but this really isn't true at all.

Let us take a look at the subscription fee, and what it gets you? It hasn't risen since World of Warcraft was launched, and yet today the game offers far more in terms of content, and a far more enjoyable experience for everyone. How is that operating a purely "take take take" mentality?

Sure, you could argue that the Cash Shop is pushing it with the subscription, but Blizzard has said time and again there is no intention to add any form of enhancements through the Cash Shop, meaning it'll all be purely cosmetic, but most importantly, the Cash Shop is not a requirement to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between plausible speculation and posting thread to stir up trouble.

This is the latter. Closing.