Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think being arrogant, trolling or as you put it "a dick" has nothing to do with new/old but that individual's personality. If I could generalize most "dicks" I've met in the game are usually a lot worse than they think they are. Also I have experienced new players being rude as well.

That said I believe a newcomer will learn more if he does endless 2's than joining a bg. The less parameters that influence the outcome, the safer it is to draw conclusions as to what is wrong when you lose.

When veterans aren't even comfortable with the amount of shit they have to work with (mostly the fuckton of cc's and the massive amount of offensive/defensive cd queues they have to watch for), new players are probably more turned off by PvP than any time before.

Nevermind that opening up content/gear that was initially made for a more hardcore category of players to casuals perpetuates even more toxicity amongst the playerbase as even the worst players can end up getting great gear and rubbing it in newbie's faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Wow, just wow. What has become of the WoW community? One thread full of immature self-pity, and not a single posting that exposes the childish nonsense in nearly every single claim of the thread starter.

Only the whiners left? Maybe the constant noobification they have done to this game with every patch and expansion has done its natural selection.

Being new and clueless was not a sad thing, it was the greatest experience I ever had in this game. What would I pay to get this feeling of my first days in WoW ever again? Me so fresh and so much to learn and discover! I play for the freaking challenge, not to get pampered.

When I started playing and did PvP, I didn't care about what was going on. I just hit things and had fun. It wasn't until I was good at the game that I looked at chat and actually did objectives and got bored.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!