Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just going to tell all the people saying there is no baldness in their family....
    There is no baldness in my family. My dad, all my grandparents and uncles have full heads of hair.
    My hair started to thin around age 30 and I'm 32 now and it's pretty bad.
    Literally, I'm the only one in my entire family. So it can happen. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Looq View Post
    Just going to tell all the people saying there is no baldness in their family....
    There is no baldness in my family. My dad, all my grandparents and uncles have full heads of hair.
    My hair started to thin around age 30 and I'm 32 now and it's pretty bad.
    Literally, I'm the only one in my entire family. So it can happen. ;p
    Recessive genes yo. Think of all those billions of nucleotides that just chill and never express themselves.

Recessive genes yo. Think of all those billions of nucleotides that just chill and never express themselves.
    Yea haha, lucky me!

It could happen. I've heard that hair loss can run in the family, and my dad has been bald (bald with little bits of hair around the sides) for as long as I can remember. So I guess it's possible that the same thing could end up happening to me. Although, to be honest, I really don't care if it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think i would say, a little yes and a little no. I like having my hair, people complement it all the time, and I don't really know why. I just let it do its own thing and I guess its healthier that way, I don't know. I let it grow pretty long too, Each time it reaches 10 inches (the minimum length) I donate it to locks for love. It gets very annoying when it's medium to long length. At the same time, I really don't like getting haircuts - they make me nervous. The idea of a stranger using scissors so close to my ears just freaks me out. And the whole time they'e asking you questions and you have to hold still. Its just overall an unpleasant experience to me. So that's why I can see the benefit of not having hair.

Deleted
    I embrace my receding hairline. My hair seems to be retreating to my face, I'm alright with that.

Hell no. That'd be sweet if I went bald.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

I would have to get in shape, bald and ripped is epic, anything else and you look like a goon.

I wish my hair would thin out a bit, but I'd rather not go bald. My hair is so thick I have to keep it short or its an afro, or long enough that it weighs itself down.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    my dad is 61 and still has a full head of hair so im not concerned

no, I want to go completely bald so I don't have to cut my hair

is there anyway to go completely bald by taking something or putting something in the hair, without causing scars or other stuff

My dad and both my uncles have got the bald patch on the front. Seen my cousin a month ago when he dropped by after work - seem him again this week.. half his fucking hair is gone in less than 3 weeks! He is only 2 years older than me. I'm fucking terrified of having my hair fall out !

My brother who is 3 years older, however hasn't lost any hair. So i think i'll be fine.. I f#$&ing hope i'll be fine..

No man in my family, that I know of, have ever gone bald, so I don't think I have anything to worry about

Deleted
    Probably gonna start shaving within the next 2-3 years. Hairline receding rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyriss View Post
    My dad and both my uncles have got the bald patch on the front. Seen my cousin a month ago when he dropped by after work - seem him again this week.. half his fucking hair is gone in less than 3 weeks! He is only 2 years older than me. I'm fucking terrified of having my hair fall out !

My brother who is 3 years older, however hasn't lost any hair. So i think i'll be fine.. I f#$&ing hope i'll be fine..
    I'm not entirely sure that's bioligically possible unless he's contracted some sort of unknown hair disease.

Personaly i come from a family where baldness is not heard of almost. My dad is pushing 65 and still has black hair and he shave them off regulary. My mother is pushing 60 and still has brown hair to her lower back. I dont think ill be going bald anytime soon, that said as a man going bald shouldnt be too scaring for most, you can generally look fine with a shaved head, not everyone but most can. If your hairline is just not that great anymore, shave it all off and join us shiny heads, some of us go shiny heads just because we like it. I never had anyone complain about my look, so definitively dont lose your confidance over it. You are lucky imagine if you were a women going bald, but than again women are much less likelly to ever be bald to boot.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2013-09-09 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He he... of all the things to worry about... a bald head. Now, if during sex, your lover has to ask... "is it in yet?", then that may be a reason for seeking medical advice.

baldness? heck, I'm bald, have a gap between my front teeth and a bit of a lisp.

Does it bug me? no.

Now, if you're hairy and look like an orangutan and don't trim and keep it neat, if you have bad breath, if you have offensive body odour, then do something about that. I have never had a women turn me down because I was bald.

Worry about things you "can" do something about, not things that don't really matter.

If you lack confidence, get in shape, lose weight, "look" better - a good body is more important to a women than a bald head from my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did for a while. Most males on my mother's side of the family were bald by the time they were 25. I'm 30 and can still grow a full head of hair. As a matter of fact, it goes insanely fast.

I keep my head buzzed (military style, old habits die hard lol) and during the summer the top gets SO blond that it looks like it's thinning, but it actually isn't. I have a few friends who are starting to lose their hair, and get pissed at me for shaving mine lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

My mom had really thick hair, but it's really thin and wispy now. She's 53, I think. My dad has a growing forehead, so I think he's losing hair, too. But his parents both have their hair, and it's relatively thick. But my uncles, and dad are losing theirs. 5 sons. But the parental units aren't? Guessing it skips a generation :P Since my grandma is German. My mom's dad on the otherhand was a bald old man (RIP Papa Jack). And I've never met my maternal grandmother, they divorced before I was born. Not sure how her hair looks :P I don't EVER want to meet her. Bitch divorced my grandpa right at 20 years just to claim half his retirement pension from the Navy, she came out a year later as lesbian and has been living with her SO ever since.

My hair is in between. I just hope it stays that way My two siblings and I... we're a bit worried about our hair when we get older... I'll definitely be taking follic acid. My cousin (who's related on both sides) is also worried about her hair :/ her biological mom is my mom's sister, and her dad is my dad's eldest brother. He got her knocked up.

My husband on the other hand, can grow hair like it's nothing! Thick and everything. He's pushing 30 (will be 29 next month), and not an ounce of grey or anything. :/ He keeps it buzzed (fade) because he's in the Navy!

Being bold is just a tiny part of the nightmare called being old.
    Look at people 35+ years old. Not to movie stars, but just at random people around you.
    Excessive weight, wrincles, health problems, tired of life, work and daily routine.

Don't worry about boldness. You'll get much more serious problems than that.

Start visiting gym and eat healthy food while you are still young, it would really help you in the future.

Spend more time on your education and carrier while you are still young and you'll find that girls don't care about how much hair do you have, they care more about how expensive your car is.
    Your wife won't care about your hair as well as long as you can provide for your family. Actually, she'll be more happy with you bold because it reduces the chance that you'll dump her for a young girl.

Deleted
    I am bald!

Feel proud of it, bald brothers! Baldness is a symbol of human evolution! We're the evolutive vanguard of mankind!
    Display your bald head with honor and majesty. Let the skin of your head reflect the light of the sun!

If a few straggler hairs threaten the perfection of your aerodinamic profile, off with them.
    Shave your hair, and everybody will offer tribute to your boldness, your baldness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that's bioligically possible unless he's contracted some sort of unknown hair disease.
    Baldness can be a very fast process. My father had starting to really lose hair when he was 19/20, but his process was very slow. I only began to get bald at 27, but within a year i was just as bald as he was when he was 28.

Not necesarily disease: if you are in the age of starting to get bald, a change in your life, a short period of a lot of stress at work, etc, can trigger a massive hair loss.