Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    The Lightbringer Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    3,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Source for that? I see it as a perfectly valid possibility.
    Basing this on what? I don't need a source, my opinion is just as valid as yours, and considerably more grounded.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Basing this on what? I don't need a source, my opinion is just as valid as yours, and considerably more grounded.
    Well it's just you didn't present it as an opinion. You just plain said, Tyrande won't die. I however said that my personal opinion is that she'll die to reconcile Illidan and Malfurion. They clearly like Illidan and Malfurion more than they do Tyrande (as evidenced by in game quests, the fact that Malfurion has his own book and the very notion that Illidan may be resurrected.) however the two aren't exactly on good terms. Tyrande dying is a logical way to reconcile them as they can both mourn the woman they love rather than fighting over her. So it's a grounded theory.

    Not saying it will definitely happen, I'm just saying that there's no reason you can definitively say it wont.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  3. #123
    if tyrande died it would likely just drive a bigger wedge between them since illidan would likely view it as malfurions fault for not being able to protect her
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if tyrande died it would likely just drive a bigger wedge between them since illidan would likely view it as malfurions fault for not being able to protect her
    Depends entirely on how it went down.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if tyrande died it would likely just drive a bigger wedge between them since illidan would likely view it as malfurions fault for not being able to protect her
    Not that sure, they forgot about everything else and teamed up to save her in WC3:TFT, however what they will do once they have extracted revenge on the killer or killers it's a different story
    "Really? You want a reward for killing an orc? As in fame and riches and noble steeds? Back in my day killing orcs WAS the reward!" Gunny

    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If people have to be forced kicking and screaming to do reward-less, danger-less content, where the only challenge is trying to stay awake, something is wrong with the content, not the players.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no what made him an anti hero was he was willing to do what the others wouldnt do.

    do you even know what an anti hero is? an anti hero is a hero that isnt afraid to act like a villain to get the job done, they arent held in check by morals or ideals, they get the job done even if they have to get their hands dirty
    That's a... skewed version of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In literature, an antihero[1] (or antiheroine[2] as the female) is a protagonist who has no heroic virtues or qualities (such as being morally good,[3] idealistic,[4] courageous,[4] noble,[5] or possessing fortitude[6]),[1][3][5][6][7][8][9] blurring the line between hero and villain.
    Note that "protagonist" does not equal "hero". A protagonist is a main character, a "hero" is, well, noble and virtuous and all that. An "anti-hero" is a protagonist that, in another story, could be a villain, such as Michael Corleone or Sonny Wortzik. They're usually only the protagonist because somebody else in the story is worse than they are. Which should tell you a lot about Illidan's character, given that he served as an antagonist to Arthas.

    Also, Illidan didn't care about "getting the job" done, he cared about what was in it for him. That's why he flip-flopped between sides so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No, he had the grit to do things idiots like Malfurion refused to do that had to be done. If Illidan were around and tasked with guarding Ashenvale, Orcs would shit themselves stupid even thinking about setting foot in the forest.
    If Illidan was tasked with guarding Ashenvale, he'd stick around until he got wind of some magical item or other that could increase his power, and then he would fuck right off, rationalizing it all the while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    except if he came back he wouldnt be a villain. bringing him back just to kill him again would be beyond pointless
    Actually, if they brought him back to give him a shot at redemption and he failed, it might get the point across to his fanboys. Probably not, though. But it would also be a more interesting story, and also a more believable one, given his character.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-05 at 08:37 PM.

  7. #127
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,260
    Good.

    Illidan's death was utter shit. Illidan's entire backstory is centered around Malfurion, Tyrande, the Legion, and his thirst for power. In Burning Crusade, he starts attacking Shattrath and we are given no reason why. There was no reveal that 'oh, he was doing it to become more powerful so he can destroy the legion!" or anything. He just went 'insane', despite the fact that there also is no real proof that he went insane other than Blizzard's word. They just threw him in there because he was a big name. The storytelling was horrible.

    To top it all off, Illidan is killed by Maiev and Akama. Are you kidding me? His jailer and a dude no one even cares about. Why was Malfurion (i know Furion was in the nightmare) or Tyrande not there ? That would have tied up all loose ends in his story. But Blizzard butchered him.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-05 at 08:50 PM.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That's a... skewed version of it.



    Note that "protagonist" does not equal "hero". A protagonist is a main character, a "hero" is, well, noble and virtuous and all that. An "anti-hero" is a protagonist that, in another story, could be a villain, such as Michael Corleone or Sonny Wortzik. They're usually only the protagonist because somebody else in the story is worse than they are. Which should tell you a lot about Illidan's character, given that he served as an antagonist to Arthas.

    Also, Illidan didn't care about "getting the job" done, he cared about what was in it for him. That's why he flip-flopped between sides so much.



    If Illidan was tasked with guarding Ashenvale, he'd stick around until he got wind of some magical item or other that could increase his power, and then he would fuck right off, rationalizing it all the while.



    Actually, if they brought him back to give him a shot at redemption and he failed, it might get the point across to his fanboys. Probably not, though. But it would also be a more interesting story, and also a more believable one, given his character.
    keep beatin that strawman
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #129
    new well of eternity. holy shit. all those years i wondered what the hell was that jazz with them lakes in zangamarsh. i didn't even know vashj had any connection with illidan, lore wise. don't really care much for that part of the lore but good to know anyways ;p

    as for illi, i'd rather they didn't bring him back. bringing back dead people is hardly ever good for the story and blizzard resurrected way too many characters already tbh.
    Are you nervy? Irritable, depressed, tired of life? Keep it up.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    new well of eternity. holy shit. all those years i wondered what the hell was that jazz with them lakes in zangamarsh. i didn't even know vashj had any connection with illidan, lore wise. don't really care much for that part of the lore but good to know anyways ;p

    as for illi, i'd rather they didn't bring him back. bringing back dead people is hardly ever good for the story and blizzard resurrected way too many characters already tbh.
    thats not what they were doing in zangarmarsh. thats a fan theory.

    even if that was what they planned to do they didnt need to put it in a hole so that still wouldnt explain it since all the water in zangarmarsh was connected before they started draining it they couldve made a well right away by dumping the vial into the water.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #131
    Good.

    Didn't like how they handled his character back in TBC.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not what they were doing in zangarmarsh. thats a fan theory.

    even if that was what they planned to do they didnt need to put it in a hole so that still wouldnt explain it since all the water in zangarmarsh was connected before they started draining it they couldve made a well right away by dumping the vial into the water.
    The original well, the new one in Hyjal and the Sunwell don't/didn't have a whole lot of water in them compared to Zangarmarsh. It's possible dumping a vial out in there would have diluted it.

    In any case I always assumed the naga were draining the lake for the reason Vashj said they were draining it - water is required for life, control the water and you control everything that needs it to live. Illidan and his cohorts were ruling Outland with an iron fist. Making every living thing reliant on them for survival is in perfect keeping with that.

  13. #133
    We need someone to train the demon hunter PCs, Illidan will be that elf!

  14. #134
    I believe that Rexxar shall be the new Warchief.

  15. #135
    Huzzah! Illidan ftw! :3

    Let's hope there's a chance for a Demon Hunter Hero class...

    Avatar by Ely
    My deviantART

  16. #136
    What's the deal with Illidan anyway? Why do people want him back? Oh, is it because he never got a satisfying story and that he was a character in the grey zone who was suddenly turned into a villain because of game mechanics, to give TBC a well-known end boss?

    Where have I heard that before? Oh right, he's basically the precursor of Garrosh.
    Maybe if Garrosh does indeed die then 5 years from now Blizzard will resurrect him as a good guy as well. If there is support for the idea, it will happen. Just like what's happening with Illidan.

    For the record, I don't have any problem with Illidan coming back. I just think some people are hypocrits for wanting Illidan back and wanting Garrosh to die, their storylines are quite similar. But bring on the Demon Hunter class along with Illidan, yeah!

  17. #137
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What's the deal with Illidan anyway? Why do people want him back? Oh, is it because he never got a satisfying story and that he was a character in the grey zone who was suddenly turned into a villain because of game mechanics, to give TBC a well-known end boss?

    Where have I heard that before? Oh right, he's basically the precursor of Garrosh.
    Maybe if Garrosh does indeed die then 5 years from now Blizzard will resurrect him as a good guy as well. If there is support for the idea, it will happen. Just like what's happening with Illidan.

    For the record, I don't have any problem with Illidan coming back. I just think some people are hypocrits for wanting Illidan back and wanting Garrosh to die, their storylines are quite similar. But bring on the Demon Hunter class along with Illidan, yeah!

    disagree, apart from 1 cut scene in StoneTalon Garrosh has always been an ignorant moron who believes orcs are better than everybody else and wants to crush everybody under their boots

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What's the deal with Illidan anyway? Why do people want him back? Oh, is it because he never got a satisfying story and that he was a character in the grey zone who was suddenly turned into a villain because of game mechanics, to give TBC a well-known end boss?

    Where have I heard that before? Oh right, he's basically the precursor of Garrosh.
    Maybe if Garrosh does indeed die then 5 years from now Blizzard will resurrect him as a good guy as well. If there is support for the idea, it will happen. Just like what's happening with Illidan.

    For the record, I don't have any problem with Illidan coming back. I just think some people are hypocrits for wanting Illidan back and wanting Garrosh to die, their storylines are quite similar. But bring on the Demon Hunter class along with Illidan, yeah!
    Whoa nellie, I think somebody just shoved his hand in a hornet's nest.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    metzen confirmed on twitter that he wasnt referring to illidan showing up in cot and that he believes a spark of illidan is out there somewhere.

    so now when people speculate about it you cant say "what if he was talking about the dungeon"

    glad thats been cleared up.
    I have a mental erection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  20. #140
    High Overlord Randypan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats for nathrezim. normal demons can die as long as they are fully summoned onto the plane of existence that their minds are on.

    most demons use avatars and if you kill an avatar the mind just goes back to its real body and can be summoned again. avatars are quicker and easier and take alot less magic to summon in than a real demons body but they are much weaker.

    thats why archimonde is dead for good because he was summoned fully into azeroth.

    nathrezim are different though, they can only die on their home world nomatter what. even if they are fully summoned they will still be able to regenerate unless killed on their home planet.

    they could still use this excuse for illidan though since he looks alot like a nathrezim, they could say he became a pseudo nathrezim when he transformed and the rules now apply to him.
    Awesome, god damn i love wow lore lol. Thanks for what i think is awesome reply, i can instantly tell you have as much love for the richness of wow lore as i do
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •