Getting extra macro space!

Hey all,

Not sure if this is in the right place or what not but I hope it is!

The Below, is a video made by a friend of mine, Proxy the rogue. In the video he shows you how to get extra macro space and to save your macros if you were to change faction or realm using the same method. It doesn't seem like many people know about this neat little trick so I hope this helps someone out like it did to me.

Wouldn't an addon like MacroBank be significantly easier that doing this?

There's also Macro Toolkit, a really really nice addon that can both extend existing macros past the usual character limit, and gives you extra, bind-only (can't be on the action bar) macros outside of the typical Blizzard provided ones.

It also adds a lot of other stuff, like error checking, and keyword color coding, and it has a "shorten" function that will remove all unnecessary whitespace and such, amongst other things. I think it actually does the same functionality of macrobank as well but I never really used it for that.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

from my understanding, which could be wrong of course, the addons you could use for this haven't been updated in a very long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiberwire View Post
    from my understanding, which could be wrong of course, the addons you could use for this haven't been updated in a very long while.
    If the functionality of the addon is not broken, then updates are not always necessary.
    I use one from 2010 without issue.
    A very large number of updates are changing a number to match the current patch.