Thread: 5.4 Encounters

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I ran Shadow Step on every boss. I can't think of a situation in SoO where BoS would be a gain over ShS. I could maybe see Norushen, but the comparison basically looks like this:

BoS

• Kill big add
    • BoS to every little add, do some damage and kill it/let DoTs kill it
    • Use Sprint at some point to save energy or go faster if glyphed

ShS

• Rupt big add
    • Pull big add to #1 little add and kill it/let DoTs kill it
    • ShS to #2 little add and kill it/let DoTs kill it
    • Re-Rupt/finish off big add
    • Sprint to #3 little add, do some damage and kill it/let DoTs kill it
    • Keep Sprinting to #4 little add and kill it and ShS back to any others if needed

ShS is more complicated, but probably faster. BoS is probably better if you don't want to bother. I just like ShS though.

It might be a good crutch on H Blackfuse, but definitely not necessary once you get the hang of the rotating beams on the Conveyor Belt.

EDIT: Oh, BoS is probably a good idea on Thok, as the post below says. I assume this is to allow uptime during the kite phase? I didn't think about this because he ate you if you got anywhere near him on PTR and did not try hitting him on live. I'll see how DPSing him during kite phase goes this week.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-09-17 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Curious if anyone is playing with Burst of Speed or if they are staying with Shadowstep. In Norushen I used BoS, seemed to work pretty well. Not sure it was the right call though.
    I prefer ShadowStep to BoS overall, but it's hard to deny how good BoS is on certain fights. Belt duty on Siegecrafter is going to almost require BoS, Thok (depending on how your guild does it) will require BoS and a few others can go either way.

Shadow step also has the benefit of teleporting you through things. BoS necessitates that you run around bad stuff on the ground will ShS will take you straight to the target while avoiding the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 303 808 909 View Post
    People still read EJ? I haven't bothered with that site in years. The entire forum is useless.
    I asked a question in the forums once. Got perma banned. Said "fuck you" to EJ.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Just bumping the thread. Let me know if I missed anything. I've been updating with heroic mechanics.

I'm still going to reformat the post to make things more readable once I have some time.

EDIT: Also, BoS is a good idea on H Malkorok.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-09-20 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Let me know if I missed anything.
    Protectors HC- CoS prevents damage from stacked mark of anguish dot, so you can tank add for longer
    Galakras- smoke bomb prevents stacks from fireballs in last phase, so if timed perfectly, debuffs can expire on whole raid

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    I prefer ShadowStep to BoS overall, but it's hard to deny how good BoS is on certain fights. Belt duty on Siegecrafter is going to almost require BoS, Thok (depending on how your guild does it) will require BoS and a few others can go either way.
    Unless you are talking about the conveyor belt on heroic due to some mechanic I'm not aware of, BoS is irrelevant on the belt. You can keep pace with whatever you want to kill by just running against the belt at normal run speed. Also unless you are with a bunch of baddies, killing it before it reaches the exit pipe is very easy.

My problem with the tips are that they are mostly about utility. I need tips to increase my dps.

For example: On Fallen Protectors should I try and keep rupture up on all 3? The mobs go from 100 to 66 so fast, it feels like I don't have time to get going.
    Galakras, spam FoK -> envenom -> spam FoK? The mage is totally destroying me.

For reference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kmol5swy4iaj5dqk/

You should expect to lose to a mage on AoE, tbh. Don't try to maintain rupture on 3 targets, just single target. If your group is stacking up, throw out a few random FoKs to keep deadly poison going and spam it when the 3 adds come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    My problem with the tips are that they are mostly about utility. I need tips to increase my dps.

For example: On Fallen Protectors should I try and keep rupture up on all 3? The mobs go from 100 to 66 so fast, it feels like I don't have time to get going.
    Galakras, spam FoK -> envenom -> spam FoK? The mage is totally destroying me.

For reference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kmol5swy4iaj5dqk/
    Only multi-dot if your group lacks cleave or isn't pushing them fast enough. If Desperate Measures phases start overlapping, stop multi-dotting.

Also, fire mages annihilate with 3 targets, especially if they have amp trinket and 4pc.

While this probably isn't the thread for this, I took a look at your logs. You can improve by:

• Keep Rupture up ~100% (when possible; rough on a few fights in SoO)
    • Use your cooldowns more
    • Don't let Vendetta get eaten by using it on a mob that will die quickly (when possible)
    • Stop using Crimson Tempest
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-09-20 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertol View Post
    Galakras- smoke bomb prevents stacks from fireballs in last phase, so if timed perfectly, debuffs can expire on whole raid
    Im assuming you are referring to the Flames of Galakrond ability, and the stacking debuff that follows shortly after the fixate mechanic. If so, roughly when did you time it out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I asked a question in the forums once. Got perma banned. Said "fuck you" to EJ.
    Means you didn't follow the rules. Its pretty much all on you for getting banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Just bumping the thread. Let me know if I missed anything. I've been updating with heroic mechanics.

I'm still going to reformat the post to make things more readable once I have some time.

EDIT: Also, BoS is a good idea on H Malkorok.
    Do you have any problems with sharing both data acquired from this thread and the EJ thread, EJ thread is coming along nicely, just going to be adding the rest of the raid, but figured it wouldn't hurt to take anything missed from here and put there and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptomaniac View Post
    Do you have any problems with sharing both data acquired from this thread and the EJ thread, EJ thread is coming along nicely, just going to be adding the rest of the raid, but figured it wouldn't hurt to take anything missed from here and put there and vice versa.
    Fine by me. Are you maintaining the EJ thread?

Fine by me. Are you maintaining the EJ thread?
    Another member is maintaining it, beat me to the punch, but we are working in coordination to get the most up to date information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptomaniac View Post
    By all means. I'll edit a link into the OP when I get a chance. Things just got busy on my end.

Deleted
    Norushen - You can avoid corruption from big add pulse/ orb drop pulse if you time it with the immunity of the cloak.

I noticed something rather odd last night. I was specced cheat death for juggernaut and hit feint as I hit the mine. Completely cut the damage in half as opposed to a talented feint that only did 30%. I was a bit shocked as I wouldn't think that was considered AOE. I was able to absorb a crawler mine every single time afterwards as long as I was healed up with a PWS. This throws my understanding of elusiveness out the window.

BoS is great on Thok in case you get fixated late when he has a lot of stacks and is moving quickly.
    BoS is 'useful' on belt duty for Siegecrafter, but if you jump while on the belt you move much quicker than trying to run, so you don't really need it (as long as you don't jump yourself OFF the belt.)

Did soak a mine with feint and elusiveness, went from 600k hp to zero instantly, total dmg was like 900k

Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    Did soak a mine with feint and elusiveness, went from 600k hp to zero instantly, total dmg was like 900k
    Thats extremely odd. Even at the most damaging point (25 man heroic) Crawler mines, I'm able to soak perfectly fine with just elusiveness. With elusiveness + glyphed cloaked I don't even notice the damage. Whats your HP generally at with Fort?

Are you sure it is considered as "AoE" ?
    Crawler Mines – The Iron Juggernaut releases several Crawler Mines that scurry in the direction of random players, burying themselves partially into the ground. Once they burrow, they begin a detonation sequence. At the end of the sequence, they will detonate for 292500 to 307500 Physical damage to all players.A particularly brave player may stomp a burrowed Mine into the ground, stifling the explosion but causing a localized detonation at their feet. This explosion inflicts 1218750 to 1281250 Physical damage and knocks the player high into the air.

I think hYrsch, only elusiveness worked here (1200k*0,7 = 860k).
    It's physical, so the glyphed cloaked works. But not Feint.

I might be wrong, but I guess we'd better looking this way.