Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Let's cut out the bickering please guys, don't post if you don't want to add something constructive. People are perfectly entitled to create threads like this, if you don't want to read it just move on.

Well thankfully since we beta-tested it for a year.

Funny as I'd never expect a Diablo game to be for "families"
    Also that.

Hey there, im happy you guys are having a ton of fun etc

I have a question in terms of diversity, i understand that the weapons received stat and pure dps upgrades but has this in anyway changed people using different skills at level 60.

At the highest and hardest difficulty are people using new skills besides the usual ww/cm/archon/bats builds we see now on the pc?

If so could you tell me what skill and prehaps what Legendary has give you a new play style.

Thanks.

Well, my wife and I were away in Chicago for the last week, and my kids were watched by their 61 year old aunt, and 64 year old uncle. My kids talked them into playing during the week, and according to my kids, they had 2 nights of the the 4 of them playing D3. The uncle said he was going to buy D3 for him and his grandson to play. Pretty cool. TBHonest, I haven't played much at all since my OP, but that was more a function of being really busy with work, and going to Chicago. With WoW being offline this morning, I am planning to have a D3 fest with my one daughter, who will be home sick from school.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hum...funny how people tend to make claims how too many people defend Blizzard. What I see here is finally a positive thread (we certainly get enough QQ threads) and it just didn't take long for the haters to jump in.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Haters gonna hate.
    And fanboys gonna call haters everyone who have opinion different from their own.
    It was like that from the beginning of times. Both sides are blind and ignorant. And honestly haters usually make more sense and contribute more to community than people like you.

Be smart, stay neutral and try to be as unbiased as possible.

Deleted
    I had some fun playing it with my girlfriend, but she got bored somewhere in hell act 2.

I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

After the travesty of D3 on the PC my boys and I turned that disc and box into a paintball target. There is no way we would sink anymore money on another diablo game just cause it got released on a different platform.

Same goes for the expansion. It's off our, "Games we want to play" list.

I think I got my moneys worth out of D3. I honestly think most people did, but expected to get unlimited ("fun") gameplay for 60 dollars. Most games don't offer this and with many of the issues being fixed in the coming expansion (AH's) I don't really get the continued hate. I don't think D3 was an amazing game by an stretch, but I think people expected way to much from it. If it had not been a Blizzard game and a stand alone title not tied to the Diablo franchise I doubt it would have gotten the massive hate. I know people like to hold Blizzard to a higher standard, but expecting a company to never make an average game is kind of asking a lot in my opinion. Disregarding the AH issues can you claim D3 was really worse then average after the terrible launch? To each his own I guess.

To the OP. I am happy that your family is enjoying the game and I think playing together and having fun as a family is very important. I wish my family was like this, but alas I am the only one who plays games. To those who hate on the OP he's just expressing that he's happy D3 is bringing his family together. Would you be hating on him if it wasn't D3? Anyways I hope you and your family continue to enjoy your time together and don't let anyone bring you down since time with your family is precious.

I am pretty much 100% going to buy the D3 expansion and I'll probably enjoy it a lot. I think many of those who are currently bashing the game will do the same if it proves to be an improvement. With the AH's soon gone and many of the issues fixed how can you justify hating on the game/Blizzard/those who enjoy it now when Blizzard has admitted their mistakes and is actively working to fix them at a potential loss of profit (RMAH)? From what I recall D2 was pretty crap at launch too. I guess rose colored glasses fixed that.
    Last edited by Saishi; 2013-09-22 at 07:29 AM.

I played D3 for its hardcore Gold Auction House. Perfect hack&slah and trading game mechanic with a constant reset AH from death.

I am no longer playing D3 now as Blizzard took the RMAH AND the GAH out in both softcore and hardcore.

So my motivation to play this kind of hardcore (permadeath) Tycoon like game is no longer there.

I won't play the expansion (unless they find another in game method to trade).

And to be on topic: We now played exactly 5 times together on the couch in 19 days with each time around 1 hour.

The last time we played was already 9 days ago as no one's agenda seems to match the other.

As I thought : consoles are a complete different market and the couch play is SOOOO trivial it is not even funny to invest time in it./

Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the PS3 demo last night. Did it look much better on a computer, even at medium settings? My computer isn't all the great. It's about 7 years old with a semi new video card (GTX 550). The last time I played D3 on the computer was the day they released Act 1 playable for anyone who hasn't bought the game. I just can't recall but I remember it looking so much better on the computer compared to a PS3 demo I played last night.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Travesty? You mean you and your boys were expected epic phat loot handed to you hand over fist with little to no effort and you were butthurt that you had to actually grind for gear? Poor you.
    Travesty... yes thats what D3 is.

If they had designed the game to drop loot similar to the other Diablo games grinding would not be a problem. Thats what diablo is about.

However, D3 loot was designed around the RMAH and anything after "Real money" was affected and warped. It was a mistake to think it would work with the way blizzard designed it.

Even blizzard themselves have no admitted it was a bad move to add the RMAH. If they had only listened before this game launched to what gamers said, we might have actually gotten a decent diablo game and not the joke we currently have.

All in all, its an impressive move to remove the AH system to raise the PR level for the game.