Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Interesting mind set. Are you saying the sole purpose of alts is to enjoy the awesome experience of leveling ? Once you level a toon, does everyone sit around and say "Gosh I want to do that all over again" ?
    If you don't want to do it all over again then do it all at the same time;

    I found the very best way to level toons was simultaneously; create say, 6 new toons have them all learn different professions and gathering skills, have two of them miners, two of them skinners and two of them herbers. As you level them and level their professions/gathering skills they will feed off of each others gathering skills, cloth drops etc...

    This way they will all always have good gear, enchants, glyphs, potions/flasks etc... through the entire leveling process making it easier and faster. Not only that, sales of their excess items on top of the gold you will save not having to buy gear, enchants, glyphs, potions/flasks etc through the leveling process will ensure a nice stack of gold by the time you get them all to 90.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-09-05 at 07:30 PM.

  2. #62
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    There's no need to have multiple level 90s. World of Altcraft? No thanks.
    Professions.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    If you don't want to do it all over again then do it all at the same time;

    I found the very best way to level toons was simultaneously; create say, 6 new toons have them all learn different professions and gathering skills, have two of them miners, two of them skinners and two of them herbers. As you level them and level their professions/gathering skills they will feed off of each others gathering skills, cloth drops etc...
    That sounds terribly slow and even more painful. So I level 1-10, go to another toon and level 1-10, then level another toon 1-10, go back and do level 10-15, then go back and go 10-15, go back and do 10-15 ?

    Half my toons are horde, half are Alliance, which is one of the main reasons outside of professions that I have alts. Leveling with Heirlooms makes good gear, Enchants and Glyphs? pointless. Plus you said the whole process would be easier and faster, but the person I quoted is trying to make the process more challenging, my stance is the process being more challenging will not make leveling fun and exciting and well worth it to do again.

    And again, if more challenging is what people are after, there is always the ironman leveling format. If "to get it over with" is what folks are after, free elixirs of ancient knowledge every 10 levels!
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-09-05 at 07:43 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Professions.
    No need to have multiple professions either. Gold is easy enough to come by that you can buy mats and whatnot off the auction house, not to mention help from friends/guild members. Need and want are different variables.

  5. #65
    Don't know if it would be a good idea (prolly not in general) but personally I'd welcome if they stretched leveling in EK and Kalimdor from lvl 1-85 (not just by increasing exp gain and mob lvl ofc), because the biggest altkiller for me are Outland and Northrend (rogue lvl 70, paladin lvl 67, hunter lvl 61, DK lvl 59).

    That said it's hardly a solution that would make leveling more interesting for non-altoholics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    2. Increase npc mobs health and damage by at least 10%.
    IIRC, mob health was doubled in pre-MoP patch.

  6. #66
    Just my 2 cents,

    but given the new event system coming with Timeless Isle, we can safely assume that these will be used throughout the levelling process in future if proven to be successful.

  7. #67
    I would love events that change/stir up a zone. It can range from random events that only affect a minor part of the zone, to events that turn the entire zone upside down. Killing enough bad guys in a particular subzone would eventually eradicate the threat, allowing the good guys to take over the zone (giving the players helpful buffs and possibly rewards if you helped significantly), only to have another massive wave of bad guys attacking one hour later and absolutely demolishing the good guys' defence. Dynamic events like these keep the world interesting.

    However, if Battlefield: Barrens was any indicator, Blizzard does not have the tools/capacity to create things like this. The events would at most be mini-bosses spawning here and there.

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    And you consider what you do to be the norm ? I look at the data at face value. You're asking me to assume that the majority of players enjoy leveling so much that they level with heirlooms, so they can delete that toon and do it again. That honestly makes no sense to me, But I understand there are people who do it. I don't accept that is the norm for the majority of players. I've met one such player out of several hundred that does that. Having toons in leveling guilds I would think I'd come across more people who were like that the past 7 years. Maybe I should proactively query more people to see who else might do it.
    i am really only asking you to withold judgement and keep an open mind until the latest possible moment.

    asking you to assume anything is in fact the opposite of what i am doing
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-05 at 07:56 PM.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    No need to have multiple professions either. Gold is easy enough to come by that you can buy mats and whatnot off the auction house, not to mention help from friends/guild members. Need and want are different variables.
    How is gold easy enough to get ? What activities are you going to ask me to do to make gold? I guess you could make the argument that doing dailies, mining herbing with my time instead of leveling an alt would equate to the same amount of gold at the end of the day. I'd probably disagree. Leveling a dedicated JC and Inscriptionist was my biggest money maker and saver I ever did (saved on Gems, made money on Darkmoon cards) Followed by having an Enchanter, killing rares and getting Blue shards has been great for throwing Jade steel on everything I want. Having a couple of tailors, gives me all the 28 slot bags I want and more money to be made.

    Plus, do you really enjoy playing just 1 toon forever ? Don't you have any interest in what it's like to raid as a shadow priest, a hunter, a monk healer ? can you be happy forever just being a DK and playing nothing else on just 1 faction ? When someone says feral druid is the hardest class to play, aren't you curious to see for yourself ?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-09-05 at 07:58 PM.

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    No need to have multiple professions either. Gold is easy enough to come by that you can buy mats and whatnot off the auction house, not to mention help from friends/guild members. Need and want are different variables.
    Yeah, you can also use bank notes in your fireplace, but that's not the best way to proceed.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  11. #71
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Inside Aggra's Womb.
    Posts
    656
    Better solution: Make the world a living and exciting place. Add events. Make the world constantly changing. Make it change from what players do to it. I believe WoW has the best world and lore of all MMO's out there at their disposal but it's going COMPLETELY to waste. If I could change one thing that would improve WoW it would be this. Have everyone out in Azeroth experiencing and changing the world, meeting new friends and making new enemies in world PvP. Instead of sitting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens in capitals trying to pick gear off a conveyor belt in order to increase their ilevel.
    I should point out that I'm not on a PvP server, and that my past experience with world PvP has largely been negative. Still, some people enjoy it...

    Right, errr...I enjoyed MoP questing right up until about lv 88...the Jade Forest was simply excellent if you're in to NPC warfare. I didn't interact much with other players though, but I tend not to. There always has and always should be elements of solo play in WoW.

    Group quests were a real shame. They were basically a causality of the speeding-up of the old-world leveling, which is something I whole-heatedly agree with...except for the removal of group quests - I wish they would bring them back.

    Compared to Vanilla, quests today are superior. Yeah, some people may argue that Vanilla leveling was more "challenging" but that was merely a delusion - there was nothing hard about it, but it had better social elements. Now quests today make you feel as if you're actually making a difference to the world around you, NPC's really interact with you...leveling is a million times better than it was. Of course that's my opinion - but it's a fact the quests have gotten much more diverse.

    This is where leveling has gone right/wrong. Trying to make those quests and progression/lore really MATTER when you reach level cap? Hey that would be nice...but it's never really been that way. Sounds more like GW2 - sort of...no end game.

    This game has already gone through dramatic shifts in style, I don't think it's gonna have another.

    Maybe WoW2...
    Chickens are awesome.

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    How is gold easy enough to get ? What activities are you going to ask me to do to make gold? I guess you could make the argument that doing dailies, mining herbing with my time instead of leveling an alt would equate to the same amount of gold at the end of the day. I'd probably disagree. Leveling a dedicated JC and Inscriptionist was my biggest money maker and saver I ever did (saved on Gems, made money on Darkmoon cards) Followed by having an Enchanter, killing rares and getting Blue shards has been great for throwing Jade steel on everything I want. Having a couple of tailors, gives me all the 28 slot bags I want and more money to be made.
    Pretty much this. I have all professions maxed (some of them several times) and it's very useful.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i hate leveling

    leveling a new character is the worst aspect of the game

    leveling is less fun that gearing max level toons and running end-game raids

    leveling is so goddamn painful, i'd gouge my eyes out if i had to create new characters, level them, delete them, and start new character, just to level them again.
    Fixed.
    I have two 90s, only because the guild made me reroll because my first 90 wasn't useful in raid anymore.
    I have two 86s that I level because I use them as ranch farmers only and a 83 monk that I can't even stand playing.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Great idea in theory, but take Rift for an example: they have constant changing events happening in the world, what with random rifts opening unleashing hell upon anyone close, but even people get bored with that. WoW has always been a more end game MMO, and do well at it. The constant change is end game where new content is being released at a rapid pace.
    I wouldnt say rift is boring, i like the challenge it could be even more challenge, i like to try and solo rifts and elites, i like to push more than 1 mob at a time and use my stuns and CC, the problem is at the end of the day you are either a PVP player or a PVE play and you want to raid or PVP, forget about pvp balance early game.

    what you get at the end is a frustrating feeling, I am a level 45 rogue i am enjoying questing but every time i level up my only though is, -.-'' 15more levels until i can raid/ spend my 25000 valor on pvp gear and have fun.

    No matter how good leveling is if you are a raider or a pvper or Both like my self, leveling is never going to be fun or fast enough.


    one thing is for sure i am meeting allot of players in the events/questing zones and most of the time they are from the opposite faction, haven't had so much fun leveling since STV during TBC, and uldum in CATA.
    Bad - This is a bad player, he refuses to learn how to play correctly.
    Casual - This is a player that will let everything else take priority over wow.
    Hardcore - This is a player that is fine with putting things on hold while he's on wow.
    Bad/Good - Measure of Skill.
    Casual/Hardcore - Measure of Time

  15. #75
    I enjoy leveling a new class every so often, it's just down to the individual - there's plenty of altaholics out there.

  16. #76
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,693
    Worst thing about leveling is that you get some important spells too late. Baseline like rotation, gapclosers and slows/interrupt should be given very early while more flavor abilities can be given later.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Fixed.
    I have two 90s, only because the guild made me reroll because my first 90 wasn't useful in raid anymore.
    Though there may be a correlation in there somewhere. If someone enjoys raiding\Arenas, they may very well hate leveling and find it pointless. I raid with a guy who loves to level, but so far he's proven to be the exception not the rule.

    I guess if you don't raid or PvP, then leveling is the only thing there really is to do in the game.

  18. #78
    The best solution is if you have a lvl 90 or what the current expansion is , the next char you make will be at lvl 85 not lvl 1. Or if its lvl cap 100 next char is 90 etc. Lvling is just a waste of time.
    Villains never sleep.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Plus, do you really enjoy playing just 1 toon forever ? Don't you have any interest in what it's like to raid as a shadow priest, a hunter, a monk healer ? can you be happy forever just being a DK and playing nothing else on just 1 faction ? When someone says feral druid is the hardest class to play, aren't you curious to see for yourself ?
    Not in this game actually. I only level alts when there's nothing to do on my main.

  20. #80
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Fixed.
    I have two 90s, only because the guild made me reroll because my first 90 wasn't useful in raid anymore.
    I have two 86s that I level because I use them as ranch farmers only and a 83 monk that I can't even stand playing.
    de gustibvs non dispvtandem est
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •