Deleted

SoO, looking for some mage advice for the SoO fights

Siege of Orgrimmar will hit next reset, and in the spirit of preparing myself I'm writing this post to get some pointers for the 14 bosses that we will be facing in SoO.

What i'm looking for is just some small pointers on what we as mages can do on the different bosses to maximize dps and help our raid out.
    I'm thinking what spec to use as I understand that arcane might be the way to go on some of the bosses, even with fire reforges Are we really good as performing a certain task on some bosses? Things of that nature.

Thx in advance.

Very few mages have killed the bosses, let alone done them enough to discover tricks.

The best advice I could give would be to watch as many videos as possible and know every ability the boss has and how to deal with it. If you do that then you should be good to fly through normals without hindering your raid with sub-par DPS.

If you are reforged for fire (i.e. crit > *) you won't see much success as an arcane mage. If you're well geared as fire and play it well there is not much reason to go arcane IMO.

Deleted
    on the malkorok encounter is temporal shield pretty nice if u soak the voids, the new 15% dmg reduce + the heal is pretty good for 10man guilds
    invis + iceblock give 2 aditional cds if needet

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Very few mages have killed the bosses, let alone done them enough to discover tricks.

The best advice I could give would be to watch as many videos as possible and know every ability the boss has and how to deal with it. If you do that then you should be good to fly through normals without hindering your raid with sub-par DPS.

If you are reforged for fire (i.e. crit > *) you won't see much success as an arcane mage. If you're well geared as fire and play it well there is not much reason to go arcane IMO.
    I have to disagree with your last statement, going arcane reforged for fire or for frost, you will still see decent results provided you have fairly decent gear, ToT 4 set and a good understanding of the spec, while crit is our "worst" stat it still scales incredibly well, especially when coupled with our mastery.

@the OP: I don't know how fast you will be progressing through the content, but I will be making guides on how to do each boss as arcane, and since my guild will be clearing normals week 1, they should be out fairly quickly (as fast as my schedule allows). I will try to at least get the first four bosses out by week 2 resets (and try to have immerseus up by wednesday night)