Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    I actually thought Guild Wars 2 was a huge letdown. WvWvW was just zerg vs zerg vs MORE ZERGS. PvE was either roll Warrior, Mesmer, Guardian or go home. Quests were fun but got old fast. The major dynamic bosses werent up enough. No real way to find groups. Some builds were just flat out broken for months like Minionmancers, Engineers, and Rangers. High end zones could sometimes be locked down with no way to port over for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I have to add BF4 to this list now, Expected a new game, got an expansion pack.
    yeah man I know what you mean after playing the beta... hope they can turn it around but I have my doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigface View Post
    For the 50th time, people. The April Fool's joke was based off an actual character from Warcraft III. Not to mention, the Pandaren were possible additions to the Burning Crusade expansion before they got cut and added to the April Fool's joke you are talking about.
    dont even try and reason with these people. all they know is blind hate. everyone is entitled to their opinion but people that always bring up the same tired arguments are beyond reason and logic.

OT: these are all from current gen. not gonna go back into the archive lol

1. Lego City: Undercover

while not a bad game by any means, its just too repetitive. i was expecting more to do in an open world but it was all the same and it got stale way too fast.

2. Kid Icarus: Uprising

AMAZING game ruined by the worst control scheme ive ever seen in a game. sure you can get the circle pad pro or whatever but for a handheld game i have no idea what they were thinking making it so you need both the touch screen AND the buttons to do anything.

3. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

after my complete love for luigi's mansion i was shocked that dark moon didnt grab me. it may have been the many different mansions that drove me off. it felt too disconnected to be enjoyable. i mean i like having different flavors but it took away the feeling of "hey, im exploring this one big haunted mansion."

4. Halo 4

not sure why i expected to love this game knowing that bungie wasnt making it but i expected more. it was a good game for what it was but you could tell that they were trying too hard to make it compete with CoD. the feeling wasnt the same and the story didnt make any sense at all. multiplayer was fun for a while but after i realized that they took the core of halo out and filled it with this loadout style gameplay it falls flat for me.

halo was always about controlling certain areas of the map for the power weapons. while that is still there somewhat, the ordinance packages ruins any of that. why go find the sniper on the map when i can just call one down?

5. Sim City

i dont know what went wrong here. the game is somewhat fun and everything works (more or less) how it should. but this game just doesnt have replay value like this series is known for. ive built a ton of cities and just cannot find a reason to keep playing it. i was hyped over the moon for this game and it just fell completely flat for me. there is no real variety. the city areas are way too small as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    1) 5) Mass Effect 2: The great open-world Sci-Fi epic becomes ... an action/twitch wankfest for Counterstrike buffoons. The moment I got sent to rescue some bald fucking "psionic" with facial tattoos who's in jail, and -- tee hee! It turns out we're in jail! -- I muttered something like "you know what, fuck this hackneyed twaddle" and deinstalled. I heard 3 sucked and couldn't be arsed to care. Whatever writers quit Bioware after the first one, they should've been hired back at a hefty raise.
    Mass Effect 1 was not an open world game, unless you count pottering about in that terrible buggy as open. I don't really get your complaint either, ME1 was an actiony third person shooter with stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Yeah, seriously. What the fuck is this guy smoking? I'm pretty sure everybody with an actual functioning human brain smelled trouble the minute you land on the prison, so the fuck what? It's still the best of the trilogy for tons of different reasons, and is far from the worst writing.
    Honestly, what did he expect, that the Warden would hand over Jack and we'd go back to the Normandy without firing a weapon?

ME2 is my favorite game of all time and the best of the trilogy. ME3, even with its lackluster ending, is a close second.

But that's just me.
    Putin khuliyo

SWTOR
    Shadowrun reloaded
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    People often forget the biggest offender of ME2, apart from creating million plotholes and amazing amount of retcons. Rendering the whole ME1 pointless. Why the hell would reapers make such elaborate plot to enter the galaxy if they're practically just floating at the edge of it couple years off?
    ME1 is not pointless. Didn't you pay attention at all to the plot? Sovereign didn't simply want the Citadel because it was a secret short cut into the galaxy, it wanted the Citadel because it is the hub of the Mass Relay network AND the heart of galactic civilization. By taking the Citadel the Reapers would have all but won. If you listened to Vigil, he recounted how, after the Citadel was taken, the Protheans had no leadership and how the Reapers could deactivate relays at will, leaving entire star systems stranded and at the mercy of the Reapers. Taking the Citadel first would have been highly effective and likely a killing blow.

It also gave the Alliance (some of whom, under Admiral Hackett, accepted the existence of the Reapers as a fact) time to research the Archives you visit on Mars, without which there'd be no Crucible.

Because Sovereign failed to take the Citadel, the galaxy retained its government and the Reapers had no control over the Mass Relay network. Because Sovereign failed, Shepard had a chance.

Sure, they can invade conventionally and work their way to the Citadel, but why do that when you can hit the seat of government immediately?
    Putin khuliyo

- Dark Souls PC port (Seriously, why would you even do that?!)
    - Dragon Age 2
    - Kotor 2 (Oh, how I love unfinished beta games released as full games...)
    - Dead Space (Mind, I loved 2 and 3, but the first one was impossibly slow and boring)
    - Every C&C game to come out after Red Alert 2. Seriously, let that franchise die already.
    - Duke Nukem Forever (Worthy of special mention on this list!)

I know it's opinions but does it annoy anyone else that most people are just listing generally games that are just hated on and have nothing much wrong with them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not here to argue, just wanted to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post

- Dark Souls PC port (Seriously, why would you even do that?!)
    Because massive amounts of people were asking for it, and it was solely made based upon that. From Software was very direct/honest in admitting what the PC version would be like as it was being ported. Although, we didn't expect the actual base resolution and textures to be designed for 1024x768, but it does make sense seeing as how the same is true for the console versions and it was supposed to be a "true/pure port".

It's great that it happened as it showed From Software what PC gamer's actually wanted, and from what I've read about DS2 (straight from the creators) is that it won't suffer from those issues. Although, I'm doubting they redesigned the AI pathing so it's not maxing the CPU, so we'll see if it has serious framerate issues, as this is what caused the extremely low framerate in some areas in the console versions (and PC version depending on your hardware specs).

- Dead Space (Mind, I loved 2 and 3, but the first one was impossibly slow and boring)
    Because DS1 was a survival horror game, 1 + 2 were more let's shoot stuff as fast as possible, almost like gears of war.

- Every C&C game to come out after Red Alert 2. Seriously, let that franchise die already.
    I never played any games in the series pre CC3, but I absolutely loved CC3 + expansion + RA3, although the 30fps cap was annoying, and yes, CC4 was absolute garbage, there's a reason they didn't give you a demo of it.

- Duke Nukem Forever (Worthy of special mention on this list!)
    Did you seriously expect this to be a great game, let alone live up to the hype ? In it's own right it's a decent game for $5, so you can relive your teenage years, but I'm guessing Gearbox only released it so they could be the studio that released the most hyped and long-awaited game regardless of how worthless it is. I'll be 30 in less than two months, and DNF was overdue when I was still in high school....seriously.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-10-06 at 11:33 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    - Grand Theft Auto 5: Rockstar used false marketing (planning your own heists) to hype up the game. The singleplayer was hacked up in favor of a buggy/boring online mode. Total time to beat core missions + all side missions is about 38 hours, that's without rushing. That's nothing compared to the amount of stuff to do in GTA: San Andreas. They build this massive city with surrounding wilderness and there's hardly anything to do once you beat the game. Its all on the online mode, which I quite frankly can do without. Full of foul mouthed little kids and incredibly buggy. Not to mention they didn't stress-test their servers enough before release.

- Fable 2: Fable 1 is one of my favorite RPG's ever, I must have replayed it at least 6 times. Yet the sequel got rid of everything that was good in the original in favor of hand-holding and horrible streamlining.

- Final Fantasy 7: After all the damn hype this game was getting back in the day, it wasn't anywhere near as good as 6. It paled in comparison to Chrono Trigger in every regard and this was a game released 2 years after CT on a new console.

- SW: The Old Republic: The entire direction they took was disappointing. Not to mention they completely butchered Revan and HK-47 in the MMO.

- Ninja Gaiden 3: I don't even know where to start with this game. As a huge fan of the Ninja Gaiden franchise, 3 was a huge slap in the face. They ruined everything the series did well in favor of QTE's and other garbage.

- Dragon Age 2: The characters and story were awful borderline fan-fiction quality. The gameplay was 'okay' but nothing spectacular.

- Mass Effect 3: The majority of the game (about 90%) was very good but that ending alone was enough for me to mention it here. Just an absolute disappointment after all the buildup in the previous games.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-10-06 at 11:53 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Lackluster story, No epicness in the raids, deathwing was an awful way to end an expansion.
    2: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - fixed a lot of what cataclysm broke, but broke other things, questing is boring, Dungeons are easy, and dailies, enough said.
    3: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Learning curve like a brick wall covered in spikes on fire with 10 angry wolves waiting at the top to eat you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    3: Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Learning curve like a brick wall covered in spikes on fire with 10 angry wolves waiting at the top to eat you.

I really don't see what's hard about it ?

You play and learn. You learn when you should do certain things in certain situations with and against certain classes/weapons while you play, and playing against much better players helps.

The recent patch screwed up dodging, as now you hit a single key and you dodge in the direction of the last key hit, although that lowers my reaction time vs double tapping.

I have a playing style with 2h weapons that genuinely pisses people off, and it works most of the time, but if you know how to counter it then it's awful.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Alot of people are gunna hate on me for this list...

1) GTA 5 (I liked the story, Then the online came out the reason I really got the game.... And so far its been nothing but problems for me and my friends and I haven't enjoyed it at all its all one big buggy pile of crap, they announce a fix yet shit doesn't get fixed and they break something else. Like even now story mode is buggy as crap when it wasn't upon release)

2) Diablo 3(PC Version, love console version)

3) Infamous 1 (I loved infamous 2 thou, couldn't get into infamous 1 for some reason)

4) God of war Ascension

5) All call of dutys after World at war (Except maybe zombie modes in black ops 1 and 2)

But outta the list, I've never been so disappointed in a game and wanting to return a game then GTA 5 , Which makes it suck like hell that I bought it online from the PSN store
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-10-07 at 12:12 AM.