Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Disengaged every single beam on Norushen encounter without dying on a random flex pug. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    Disengaged every single beam on Norushen encounter without dying on a random flex pug. Just thought I'd put it out there.
    Even if you can successfully disengage over 99% of the time that 1% failure rate is still too high to make it worth doing as a class with 100% mobility.

I tanked the beam for the entire duration on my DK last time I did flex. It barely even tickles if you know what you're doing. Running through it and taking 1 tick as a dps (which you would have been doing when disengaging through) is not threatening in the slightest. The issue comes when it literally oneshots you to touch it (heroic).

Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    General: BM Hunter's should have a Spirit Beast for Spirit Mend if another pet is not needed for a raid buff.
    Ehh I'd rather a hawkstrider for instant full stack sunders on boss and adds.

General: Disengage with Glyph of Liberation can be macro'd into a commonly used abiilty like KC, AS or CS. Takes some getting use to and should be omitted for certain scenarios where Disengage is commonly used.(Seigecrafter)
    This sounds terrible and likely to get you killed a lot.

Malkorok: Spirit Bond only applies to the shield when not at 100% Health. Start the fight with your weapon unequipped. Re-equip after pull to get the added stam and sub 100% health allowing spirit bond to heal the shield. Equipping the weapon can be added to a opening rotation macro if used.
    Would this put your scope on CD? Not sure how much dps you'd lose because of that if it happens, but great idea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Would this put your scope on CD? Not sure how much dps you'd lose because of that if it happens, but great idea anyway.
    I fail to see how it's a good idea. It gives you more room to die, if you accidentally hit an orb then your health is going to be considerably lower and you risk dying. If a soak gets missed and your on 90% health + the shield then your going to have a higher risk of dying, especially without Iron Hawk.

It's not a bad idea in theory, but it's a bad idea because you should definitely be using Iron Hawk for Malkorok.

Why would you want to disengage it as a hunter? That's just plain wasted GCDs, since you can do your full damage on the move.

Disengage macro'd into rotational abilities would be terrible!!

Let's just move out of annihilate here.....KC!....... Death to annihilate

Plus if your healers are worth a shit the tiny heal from the glyph is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Why would you want to disengage it as a hunter? That's just plain wasted GCDs, since you can do your full damage on the move.
    *ahem* Disengage is not on the GCD.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    *ahem* Disengage is not on the GCD.
    Regardless, still one of the worst ideas to macro disengage against other abilities that you spam. Disengage is an opportunity ability. You use it to make up distance or to escape from a mechanic. Ultimately you could be stuck with Disengage on CD or launch yourself out of a smokebomb/barrier, into an annihilate, etc.

If you are relying on Glyph of Liberation heals, something is very wrong. I can't really think of the last time I even used that glyph since there are three generally more useful major glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Regardless, still one of the worst ideas to macro disengage against other abilities that you spam. Disengage is an opportunity ability. You use it to make up distance or to escape from a mechanic. Ultimately you could be stuck with Disengage on CD or launch yourself out of a smokebomb/barrier, into an annihilate, etc.
    He was talking about Disengaging over the Noroushen beam which is unnecessary, and I agree that macro'ing disengage into your spells is quite silly indeed.

Don't knock it until you try it. Like I said, it takes some getting use to and is situational. Macro it with a shift/alt mod so when you don't want it to be used you don't have to. Not that difficult and there is 0 dps loss to doing it. It's not meant to compensate for lack of heals either but rather to supplement with additional healing.

For those discussing about disengaging through Blind Hatred(beam) should realize you are guaranteed to take no damage or risk death using Deterrence instead. There's really no other time you will need to use Deterrence on Norushen unless you are trying to block Expel Corruption from the Essence of Corruption.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    It was a random flex pug. Obviously there's no reason to disengage other than pure giggles. There was a discussion earlier on this thread about how you can't disengage and stuff. So i just added my 2 cents.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    He was talking about Disengaging over the Noroushen beam which is unnecessary, and I agree that macro'ing disengage into your spells is quite silly indeed.
    And I'm talking about danko215's 'suggestion.'

Don't knock it until you try it. Like I said, it takes some getting use to and is situational. Macro it with a shift/alt mod so when you don't want it to be used you don't have to. Not that difficult and there is 0 dps loss to doing it. It's not meant to compensate for lack of heals either but rather to supplement with additional healing.

For those discussing about disengaging through Blind Hatred(beam) should realize you are guaranteed to take no damage or risk death using Deterrence instead. There's really no other time you will need to use Deterrence on Norushen unless you are trying to block Expel Corruption from the Essence of Corruption.
    What exactly is the difference between macro'ing it to a shift/alt mod and just having disengage on another bind, then? I have my disengage on G, I can easily just as easily hit KC on 4 and G as I can hit shift/alt+4. There's basicly zero sense in macro'ing the ability into your shots. You can use it more liberally if you want to supplement the healing, but it should be bound "solo" anyway, in a quick, easy to reach position that shouldn't make you stop your DPS-button mashing either way.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Step 0) Stop being bad.
    Step 1) Get a mouse with more than 3 buttons.
    Step 2) Bind oh-shit abilities like Deterrence and Disengage to extra mouse buttons.
    Step 3) Continue DPSing in one-hand while being able to hit Disengage at any time with other hand without disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm sorry, but no. It's not how it works. You've been around for a while, so I'm sure you remember the very "famous" hunter trick-jump from Devai on paragon's al'akir kill - here's a link to refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeY1Hxv-u8 (about a minute in). You can clearly see that the tornado rolls over, and is way past, where Devai stood before he lept out. If what you are saying is true, the tornado's should have picked him up.
    On the other hand, it was virtually impossible to actually jump *through* the tornadoes - no matter if they managed to get to the point where you were standing or not.
    No, this entire "game can't recognise if you're in the air or not" is pure bullshit - it's made up by players who died from standing too long in shit, and blamed it on the game engine not being "able to handle jumping".

Also, this whole bat-thing - our bats usually live for 20-30 seconds, and I can't go far enough back in our logs to actually find a week where they started doing their AOE bullshit to check if the damage keeps going, but looking +6 weeks of data over, oftenly, a single 5 second stun is all we use on them while they're alive in that 20-30 second period (sometimes there's a second stun, but it doesn't seem to matter). Stun them while they're casting or before they start, and I think you'll be just fine, is what I'm getting at.
    i belive at that point they didnt fix the warrior charge, when they did that is when they f up, after that sometimes you are disengaging and you get hit by stuff you are not even close to it.

remember that devais get hit by 1 mechanic wich would push him out of platform to then disengage from that mechanic into platform, you should know this, if u did H al'akir.

not that it really matters i think using disengage to bypass a beam when you can easyly just run around is retarded. im not sure if you pvp a lot but if you try it you will see how they changed in air disengage. isnt the same as before.
    Last edited by Perrito; 2014-02-02 at 04:06 PM.

What exactly is the difference between macro'ing it to a shift/alt mod and just having disengage on another bind, then? I have my disengage on G, I can easily just as easily hit KC on 4 and G as I can hit shift/alt+4. There's basicly zero sense in macro'ing the ability into your shots. You can use it more liberally if you want to supplement the healing, but it should be bound "solo" anyway, in a quick, easy to reach position that shouldn't make you stop your DPS-button mashing either way.
    Button bloat obviously.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but no. It's not how it works. You've been around for a while, so I'm sure you remember the very "famous" hunter trick-jump from Devai on paragon's al'akir kill - here's a link to refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeY1Hxv-u8 (about a minute in). You can clearly see that the tornado rolls over, and is way past, where Devai stood before he lept out. If what you are saying is true, the tornado's should have picked him up.
    On the other hand, it was virtually impossible to actually jump *through* the tornadoes - no matter if they managed to get to the point where you were standing or not.
    No, this entire "game can't recognise if you're in the air or not" is pure bullshit - it's made up by players who died from standing too long in shit, and blamed it on the game engine not being "able to handle jumping".

Also, this whole bat-thing - our bats usually live for 20-30 seconds, and I can't go far enough back in our logs to actually find a week where they started doing their AOE bullshit to check if the damage keeps going, but looking +6 weeks of data over, oftenly, a single 5 second stun is all we use on them while they're alive in that 20-30 second period (sometimes there's a second stun, but it doesn't seem to matter). Stun them while they're casting or before they start, and I think you'll be just fine, is what I'm getting at.
    The video you linked is like comparing apples and pears.

Of course if you jump of the platform and disengage back on you will not get taken by the tornadoes, because those tornadoes are only on the platform, while Devai isn't. What we used to do is disengage THROUGH the tornadoes to avoid them, and it always worked unless we used it to close to the tornadoes, same with the beam on Norushen.

The fact that if you would run into the beam you'd instantly die, while disengaging and blinking through it won't kill you, kinda proves that there is some kind of issue with recognizing where the player is during travel points. The same things with kunchongs on Klaxxi, you can blink through them, it won't kill you, but if you run into them you get killed.

Another good example, portals on siegecrafter, with fire in between them to go to the belt. I noticed some very strange behavior :

If I clicked the portal from the side, I would never get fire debuff even when travelling over it.
    If I clicked the portal from behind, I would sometimes get the fire debuff when travelling over it.
    If fire is under the portal and I clicked outside the fire, I wouldn't get the fire debuff either.

Now if servers truely recognize in air phases, then how do you explain all that, and these are just some examples, I can make an even bigger list. It can't be that it's just some spells causing this advantage, because it's all these teleport talents where you move from point a to b instantly (displacer beast, blink, disengage, heroic leap, shadowstep and so on). Unless it's intended by blizzard and they actively confirm it, it could be server related, as I'm pretty sure I've read something vague about it in a blue post during cataclysm times.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2014-02-02 at 11:33 PM.

You guys are missing the two most important hunter tips this xpac:

You can disengage up to the second floor of shrine and you can disengage between the two upper floors in shrine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The video you linked is like comparing apples and pears.

Of course if you jump of the platform and disengage back on you will not get taken by the tornadoes, because those tornadoes are only on the platform, while Devai isn't. What we used to do is disengage THROUGH the tornadoes to avoid them, and it always worked unless we used it to close to the tornadoes, same with the beam on Norushen.

The fact that if you would run into the beam you'd instantly die, while disengaging and blinking through it won't kill you, kinda proves that there is some kind of issue with recognizing where the player is during travel points. The same things with kunchongs on Klaxxi, you can blink through them, it won't kill you, but if you run into them you get killed.

Another good example, portals on siegecrafter, with fire in between them to go to the belt. I noticed some very strange behavior :

If I clicked the portal from the side, I would never get fire debuff even when travelling over it.
    If I clicked the portal from behind, I would sometimes get the fire debuff when travelling over it.
    If fire is under the portal and I clicked outside the fire, I wouldn't get the fire debuff either.

Now if servers truely recognize in air phases, then how do you explain all that, and these are just some examples, I can make an even bigger list. It can't be that it's just some spells causing this advantage, because it's all these teleport talents where you move from point a to b instantly (displacer beast, blink, disengage, heroic leap, shadowstep and so on). Unless it's intended by blizzard and they actively confirm it, it could be server related, as I'm pretty sure I've read something vague about it in a blue post during cataclysm times.
    All of these phenomena can be explained by the fact that due to technical limitations the server isn't keeping track of your position at all times. It's just too much information for peoples internet connections and the servers to handle.
    These mechanics like Al'akir Tornadoes, Siegecrafter fire patches and lasers, Noroushen death beam, they are all doing a check at a certain interval to see if anyone is standing in them. It might be as quickly as every 0.2 seconds, but when you're travelling very fast (disengage, rocketboots, warlock portal) some times these mechanics will miss you.

There could be more to it, with the way certain spells are programmed, but I think the above explains why it can be so hit or miss.

You guys are missing the two most important hunter tips this xpac:

You can disengage up to the second floor of shrine and you can disengage between the two upper floors in shrine as well.
    My favourite is gnomish anti gravity well -> disengage to get up into the portal room quickly (or the balcony high above)