Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I apologize for not answering requests for elaboration sooner, but it seems Draco did it pretty well anyway. The positioning is key. You have to do your best to position yourself so that when you disengage you fly over the middle of both rifts. It's not something I would rely on doing 100% of the time, but I do specifically look out for when two rifts are near each other.

Basically, just get as close as you can with your back to the first and lined up in such a way that disengage will take you over both rifts. When you land you'll have cleared both and gotten only one debuff. Disengage also already allows you to negate the damage closing the rifts cause so there's no penalty there.

For some reason my raid always seems to get two close to each other over by the tanks, so I either hope I'll get sucked into the far prison or I wait for some downtime to go over there. Glyph of disengage is certainly helpful here.
    Last edited by thejeremyftw; 2014-01-06 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    As of today, does disengage to/from blackfuse belt works? i wont be able to test it myself this week. so if anyone can kindly confirm?
    It works fine. Both methods of "glitching" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Rifts are voidzones on the floor that you close by walking over. When you walk over them, they explode and apply a debuff that makes you unable to close another for a minute. The delay from the rift exploding and the debuff applying to you means that if you stand next to a rift, disengage over it, and during the disengage, fly over/clip another zone, you'll close both and then get the debuff. It can be done by alot of classes and abilities - even nitro boosts work.
    Thank you for explaining. Also if I should add anything to the tip, let me know please.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Hey. I didn't read all the pages, and didn't see it on the first page, but on heroic Fallen Protectors (maybe this could help if you don't want to "waste" deterrence and don't want to drop too low), Camouflage prevents the damage from Sun's Calamity. Do it at the end of her cast, correctly timed you'll be ignored, and it really helps when the calamity hurts the raid (otherwise it's a bit useless). I was surprised as I never really used this spell a lot in PvE. Anyway. I just wanted to say!

Nice thread btw, I read the entire t15 thread mooonths ago and really liked it. So I come here now when I'm a bit lost about what can be done to save me/help the raid, or just to learn more.
    Last edited by Zalnn; 2014-01-14 at 02:19 AM.

According to this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ctors-question DPSing the small adds also counts towards killing the big adds during Sun's desperate measures phase. I hadn't known that (if it's true) nor had several other people posting in that thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalnn View Post
    Hey. I didn't read all the pages, and didn't see it on the first page, but on heroic Fallen Protectors (maybe this could help if you don't want to "waste" deterrence and don't want to drop too low), Camouflage prevents the damage from Sun's Calamity. Do it at the end of her cast, correctly timed you'll be ignored, and it really helps when the calamity hurts the raid (otherwise it's a bit useless). I was surprised as I never really used this spell a lot in PvE. Anyway. I just wanted to say!

Nice thread btw, I read the entire t15 thread mooonths ago and really liked it. So I come here now when I'm a bit lost about what can be done to save me/help the raid, or just to learn more.
    I love this thread. I was going to link to it and make links to all the similar threads for each class on my guild's forums, except for two problems:
    1. I'm the only hunter so no need to link this thread.
    2. No other class forums on this website has a thread like this. Best I saw were links to POV videos of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    According to this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ctors-question DPSing the small adds also counts towards killing the big adds during Sun's desperate measures phase. I hadn't known that (if it's true) nor had several other people posting in that thread.
    Y its true, saw it on our first pull on that boss
    I thought ppl were trolling when they said they didn't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our guild definitely misread the tactic on Protectors as well. We read it as damage done to adds reflected to the player they popped out of so we just focused on Rook or He because we were afraid of killing our own players. Gold star of the century. We had the shortest Sun phase ever last week when I aoe'd after reading that thread.

But this thread is gold. I wish other classes had the same thing.

Would like to confirm that on Malkorok, you wont get shot up if you've disengaged and are currently in air/flying when he finishes the cast. Its a bit hard to time but it works. You don't take damage either.

If you're going on every conveyer belt for Blackfuse you can often swap pets between belts in order to get a pet with Rabid off cooldown. Don't stand still casting dismiss pet for 3 seconds - unless you have a lot of time between belts that won't be worth it. Despawn your current pet by sending it to attack blackfuse while you do the pipe jump and summon a different one when you land. Belts happen every 40 seconds so cycling 3 pets will let you use Rabid on every belt. If you are using your pet for a particular buff/debuff on the belt just get a few pets from the same family. You also may as well hit focus fire before the switch even if you aren't at 5 stacks. You won't get much out of it but it's better than nothing.

You can do this same trick on other fights with enough downtime to dismiss pet or a way to despawn your pet consistently too. It's pretty similar to the way we used to juggle pets for Call of the Wild before MOP, though obviously not as powerful and not useful at the very start of pulls.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-01-17 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Discovered today, by accident, that you can disengage over the Blind Hatred beam on Norushen without taking any damage from the beam. Also I was using the disengage glyph at the time.

Did you jump or just disengage?

Deleted
    Jump and disengage

Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    Discovered today, by accident, that you can disengage over the Blind Hatred beam on Norushen without taking any damage from the beam. Also I was using the disengage glyph at the time.
    Would like some more confirmation on this.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Would like some more confirmation on this.
    Will try it out on our next run.

Something else i found by accident, When Blackfuse uses the lasso/laser to pull you off the belt, if you time your disengage right when he's lasso'ed you, you can stay on the belt adn the debuff will still be ticking off.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post

Something else i found by accident, When Blackfuse uses the lasso/laser to pull you off the belt, if you time your disengage right when he's lasso'ed you, you can stay on the belt adn the debuff will still be ticking off.
    I've experienced it but I cannot for the life of me time it correctly. And usually when it happens, I'm on the far end of the belt and have to work my way back to the start (because my group kills weapons too slow).

Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    Sounds alot like the "I can totally jump through these tornadoes guys, watch m-OH SHIT" on Al'akir/Spirit kings (tornados/flanks respectively). The beam is theoretically a line that pulses every .5 seconds with lethal damage, so if you manage to move through it quickly enough (Say, with disengage) you can end up in between one of those pulses and make it safely to the other side. But it's by no means reliable at all. Same goes for most other mechanics like that - it pulses quickly (whether it's damage, or grapping you as the tornadoes did), but if you manage to time it right, you can make it through (and please, don't start the whole "NO NO, IT'S THE SERVER WHO DOESN'T RECOGNISE YOU AS HAVING MOVED FROM A SPOT BEFORE YOU LAND YOUR JUMP"-thing. That might have been true at one point, but it's been *ages* since that was true - else the Al'akir trick with jumping out and disengaging back in behind the tornadoes would never have worked).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I've experienced it but I cannot for the life of me time it correctly. And usually when it happens, I'm on the far end of the belt and have to work my way back to the start (because my group kills weapons too slow).
    Yeah it is a bit hard to time. I'm gonna go look for the lasso timer on DBM next time i login. It should be somewhat reliable with a timer and a decent amount of practice(maybe on LFR since you don't get the debuff there).

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post

Tried it multiple times never worked, probably better off just getting off the belt early and getting in position/getting a new pet out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tried it multiple times never worked, probably better off just getting off the belt early and getting in position/getting a new pet out.
    Ya, Its only worked a couple of times for me too. Also, Disengaging Blind Hatred seems to work. IDK if its the timing or something, but I did it once on our normal run and I never took any damage from the beam. Can someone else test this out ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a macro for Siegecrafter Blackfuse for those that go on the belt and want their pet with them.
    /pettarget [@Siegecrafter Blackfuse]
    /cast Claw
    /petpassive
    it basically teleports your pet to your side when you attack one of the things on the belt.
    I hope it helps any of you guys.

Btw, you need to spam the button and pet attack a bit so the pet comes up on the belt.
    Works fine otherwise.....most times....

Hopefully blizzard can fix this pet bug.

Nvm, it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work at all, best thing is to dismiss the pet before you jump up on the belt, which have been said on earlier posts
    Last edited by DekyD; 2014-01-20 at 06:56 PM.