Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by osa View Post
    You didn't get damage only because of priest shields. Ex.:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...3D%27Jeslis%27
    [16:54:23.907] Jeslis afflicted by Iron Prison from Wavebinder Kardris
    [16:55:23.064] Jeslis gains Deterrence from Jeslis
    [16:55:23.881] Wavebinder Kardris's Iron Prison fades from Jeslis
    [16:55:24.206] Unknown Iron Prison Jeslis Absorb (333310)
    [16:55:24.536] Jeslis's Deterrence fades from Jeslis
    [16:57:35.472] Jeslis afflicted by Iron Prison from Wavebinder Kardris
    [16:58:35.469] Wavebinder Kardris's Iron Prison fades from Jeslis
    [16:58:35.847] Unknown Iron Prison Jeslis Absorb (666620)
    Thank you for finding the proof -- I DID SAY:
    "
    I will at least caveat that I have very good disc priest/paladin healers.. so it is *possible* that deterrence only deflects 50% of iron prison dmg and the shield absorbs have done the rest.
    I have NEVER taking any dmg from Iron prison while using deterrence. That is all I can say.
    "

So you are right.. However I do have 1 dumb question.. (devils advocate here)
    .. What WOULD deterrence say, in logs, if it actually deflected 100% of Iron Prison? Would it say
    [16:55:24.206] Unknown Iron Prison Jeslis Deflected (333310)
    ?
    And are you sure?
    The reason something strikes me as funny here is.. What priest shield absorbs 666620 dmg? Isn't the normal somewhere around 120k, 240k if the shield *crits* ?
    I'm going to be re-clearing on friday.. gonna add cancelaura macros to my deterrence for all the priest shielding and see what happens.

RE: AMOC and H-Immersus.. I don't know what to say. I stop attacking, I single target an add, I still get stacks from *something*. I don't know what, other then Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, and AMOC, could possibly be doing it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what else might be causing it.. or perhaps I'm simply unlucky with AMOC?
    Last edited by Jaydenkor; 2014-05-12 at 08:21 PM.

My shields have been as big as 775K (that I've noticed) on dark shamans (archangel + int proc up). 666K isn't the least bit surprising.

Oh man, Draco, I'm watching you right now on FinalBoss's upload of the priest re-visit. You're so British.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh man, Draco, I'm watching you right now on FinalBoss's upload of the priest re-visit. You're so British.
    The most British Dane ever.

IKR? He sounds completely British. But I'm just a boorish American, so what do I know about European accents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The most British Dane ever.
    Our GM Nuckels sounds british as fk too and he's dutch. And this is coming from a brit!

Deleted
    On Malkorok: Nope. Removes only root. I can confirm that from my experience with the spell on EVERY fight.

Not sure if this is an exploit or intended. If you disengage the moment you jump on a mine you take no damage at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Not sure if this is an exploit or intended. If you disengage the moment you jump on a mine you take no damage at all.
    Same with blink

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but I don't see it on the OP.

When Hisek casts Rapid Fire on Heroic mode you can disengage over all the projectiles it makes and dodge it completely. It seems like your model can clip right through them as long as you are in the air from disengage you are immune to them. Also, I have disengage glyphed. I'm not sure if it is required or not.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metriss View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but I don't see it on the OP.

When Hisek casts Rapid Fire on Heroic mode you can disengage over all the projectiles it makes and dodge it completely. It seems like your model can clip right through them as long as you are in the air from disengage you are immune to them. Also, I have disengage glyphed. I'm not sure if it is required or not.
    Good find, though I wouldn't recommend doing it that way. It'll be a dps loss, and usually you'll want disengage available to get to aims fast (at least the way my guild does the fight).

Moving forward, any thoughts on listing stuff that DOESNT work (i.e. things you cannot deterrence) or shit that gets buggy like getting a permanent desecrate debuff occasionally when disengaging out of it. Seems like it might be a long list though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    permanent desecrate debuff
    If you step in the desecrate, and back out again the debuff will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    If you step in the desecrate, and back out again the debuff will go away.
    Does it have to be the same one? I've definitely had 2 desecrate debuffs on me, one permanent and one from a new desecrate. When I came out of it I still had the permanent one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Does it have to be the same one? I've definitely had 2 desecrate debuffs on me, one permanent and one from a new desecrate. When I came out of it I still had the permanent one.
    It does have to be the same one.

Instead of disengaging out of it when it drops, disengage when its still traveling, debuff never gets applied, no damage is taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    It does have to be the same one.

Instead of disengaging out of it when it drops, disengage when its still traveling, debuff never gets applied, no damage is taken.
    Aye this is what I do. Soon as you see the "desecrate on x" disengage out

Quote Originally Posted by LolkinEU View Post
    Arcane shot
    Nobody likes you Lolkin, go away

Deleted
    anyone here can give me a hint on how to manage belts better? we do blackfuse progression and we do 4 hunters belt and only got our heals to go throu shit and the shredder with the magnet ticks can kill on occasion, didnt see that happen in any guild povs from hunters doing the belt, some get heals some not. is there some kind of timing when to jump from belt to not get fucked or how is it done? help is appreciated.

Run with Spirit Bond (self heal talent), pop deterrence if there's fire and what not on the ground (you don't get Superheated debuffs nor can you be knocked up by missilies). Electromagnets shouldn't be able to kill you, usually they stop pulling back and forth when it's time to get onto the belt. I've done Disengage - Standard => Repeat for a while, and I never have any problems with magnetic crushes.

As far as timing goes, you can sort of check before disengaging off, if you're gonna end up in a shockwave and what not, basicly just wait a tad till you're sure to land safely.