[Enhancement] Improve my DPS!

Hey, I recently returned to the game (about a month ago - had left about when 5.1 hit) and got in a raiding group (1/13h group, it started 4 weeks ago).

I feel like I've been doing a fairly good job with my DPS but I'm afraid things may have changed from when I was playing and I may have bad old habits.
    I linked a normal log because our only HC attempts/kills are on Jin and Ji-Kun and those are pretty awkward to analyze.

Durumu logs (rest of the raid night is there too)
    Armory

Thanks for any help!

Some info:

I'm reforged to mastery as it sims slightly higher than haste ATM, sweet spot is probably in-between.
    In the Durumu log I think I had int bracers... Also was like two ilvl lower than my current armory.
    Trinkets and weapons will not drop, they are all myths. Same for tier pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

http://i.imgur.com/dvnRLTU.jpg

Do those reforges. You'll gain a huge DPS/Damage increase (almost 8% more haste) and so forth.

And use ele mastery > then spirit wolves & elementals. So they get the bonus.

Then the other is just maximizing up-time on bosses.

your caster are pretty weak, our mages deal 220k+ on durumu hc.

Your stats: your mastery is okay, your haste is too much low (because you play PE-boom)
    Items: Try to get the 2P boni T15

About all items: hit-exp cap

Reforge crit > haste
    Reforge mastery > haste
    (Item with haste and crit) Reforge crit > mastery

Red: Agi + haste
    Yellow: Agi + haste
    Blue: Agi + hit or haste + hit

Also pick up the valor trinket, it is a substantial dps increase.

Everyone saying reforge everything to haste: When I was fully haste reforged, mastery was higher than haste on sims, now mastery-reforged haste is better. There is probably a point where they're equal, but full mastery sims higher dps than full haste (i have no valuable rppm trinkets )

It's normal Durumu, no aoe cleaving on walls.

@Dioxy don't they scale dynamically now anyways? That would make it better to use them and then EM? At least that's what I thought.

Thanks for the advice for the valor trinket, I had brushed it off because I used to be way overhit and exp but with new upgrades I dropped them to normal levels.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

And I thought my luck with weapons was bad...

If at all possible, try to get (and this sickens me just saying this) the Str 1h axe from Tortos...even regular will give you a massive DPS increase just from the higher weapon damage

I had to run with 2 of them until the week we finally killed Shen...for some reason on that week I got bonus rolls of Animus Mace and Twins Fist
    I didn't even get to reforge/enchant/gem them for the Shen kill...still had those smelly STR axes (our UH dk would laugh at me everytime he saw them on me...)

But I agree with you on Trinkets...I swear the Renaki one is a myth (though my druid, rogue and monk all got them from pugs...)

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    And I thought my luck with weapons was bad...

If at all possible, try to get (and this sickens me just saying this) the Str 1h axe from Tortos...even regular will give you a massive DPS increase just from the higher weapon damage

I had to run with 2 of them until the week we finally killed Shen...for some reason on that week I got bonus rolls of Animus Mace and Twins Fist
    I didn't even get to reforge/enchant/gem them for the Shen kill...still had those smelly STR axes (our UH dk would laugh at me everytime he saw them on me...)

But I agree with you on Trinkets...I swear the Renaki one is a myth (though my druid, rogue and monk all got them from pugs...)
    We DE all the heroic Renaki ones. >

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are not ready to gear for haste. Stick with mastery, Red = Agi Yellow = Mastery/Agi. You will probably also find using EotE and UF will still be your preferred talent setup (interacts better with Mastery whereas Haste is better for PE/AS/EM), but sim to double check, youre in the 520 region and thats where for me my haste levels starting getting up there, but I also had Bad JuJu.

Pick up the Valor trinket, its probably the third best option for us this tier, get rid of that bottle.

You are .4% under hit cap. I mean not a HUGE deal. Youd be very unlucky to miss something, but its something to be aware of.

I dont think you are doing to much wrong to be honest, your total Stormstrike and Lava Lash numbers are very good, you had a 92% uptime on Flame Shock so slight room for improvement there. You just REALLY need weapons, you get weapons and youre going to be fine.

Personally, id be telling the other people in your guild to ask them to improve their DPS because a 536 Warlock with 600 cloak pulling 145k is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-09-06 at 12:15 AM.

Ok it has little to do with the 520 region it has more to do with the meta gem and 2 RPPM trinkets.. these are the keys to running full haste and PE/EM setup.. Since you do not have any of these. Stick with the whole Agi= red Agi/mas=yellow Agi/hit= blue sockets..

With the new patch coming out next week im like 90% sure from talking to purge that most Enh Shamans will be gemming for agi mastery combo via the first few weeks also running AS/EB then AS/UF 2pc and EM/PE 4pc pretty sure... but I would go to totemspot.com and double check on that.

You can pm me in game on b-tag Gesen#1849 if you have any further questions.

On the subject of Elemental Mastery, you do not need to pop it before pets. Pets will dynamically gain haste from Elemental Mastery and all haste gains except Bloodlust.

If you are popping Fire Elemental Totem, pop your Bloodlust after your totem is up. Blizzard prevents FET from double-dipping on Bloodlust by ignoring Bloodlust on the player -- you have to cast it with the pet up. Otherwise, someone else could pop Bloodlust, then you pop a FET that benefits from your Bloodlust, then you pop your own Bloodlust and your pet would get it because it has no Sated debuff.

...correct me if I'm wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    You will also want to pop any master effects before you do it as well.

For some reason FE and Mastery dont dynamically change.

Yeah, I really need weapons (nothing again this week, no weapons/trinks )

I bought the valor trinket, it puts me 1% over hit cap but it's probably still much better than what I had.

Also, did I look wrong at SoO tables? I saw our first weapon in there was on the 6th boss...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont complain or theyll send us back to T11 weapon drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    On the subject of Elemental Mastery, you do not need to pop it before pets. Pets will dynamically gain haste from Elemental Mastery and all haste gains except Bloodlust.

If you are popping Fire Elemental Totem, pop your Bloodlust after your totem is up. Blizzard prevents FET from double-dipping on Bloodlust by ignoring Bloodlust on the player -- you have to cast it with the pet up. Otherwise, someone else could pop Bloodlust, then you pop a FET that benefits from your Bloodlust, then you pop your own Bloodlust and your pet would get it because it has no Sated debuff.

...correct me if I'm wrong...
    You're wrong

It will dynamically update haste values from Bloodlust just like anything else. Technically, it will skip the 1.5sec~ interval of updates if you have it on yourself already before you pop it, but the difference is marginal.