Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralejeeze View Post
    I appreciate Garrosh because he's secretly trying to protect us from the Burning Legion by selling his soul and the Horde for power.
    Just like good ol' papa Gul'dan!

If one wants to restore the Horde to its initial glory and beyond, why not secretly turn to the founder of the first Horde for inspiration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    How about that Warsong Lumber camp? Oh wait what Warsong Lumbercamp? It was blown up along with all the green garbage inside of it
    Also tactical retreat? Is that what orcs call a fucking rout? lmao
    orcs are the dumbest pieces of shit xD
    How about those trees you were defending originally, where are they now? OH! That's right, on the ground rotting, because we cut down more than we needed. whoops!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You must not have seen the endless trail of orc corpses going into Raynewood Retreat? Or the way Orcs charged into the traps in A Little Patience. Or the dead orc parade in SoO.

How about that Warsong Lumber camp? Oh wait what Warsong Lumbercamp? It was blown up along with all the green garbage inside of it
    Also tactical retreat? Is that what orcs call a fucking rout? lmao
    orcs are the dumbest pieces of shit xD
    Wow, didn't think it was possible, but you blindly hate orcs more than I blindly like garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Garrosh and wish that he had not "gone evil" as he suddenly has in the last few patches.

Having a reckless, belligerent leader of the Horde made their faction interesting, and made me want to fight the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh please, humans lack the punch. I mean they could put orcs in camps again (that would be hilarous) but lets face it, blizzard lacks balls to do that.

I really hope that alliance will get something to compensate. One idea is to have night elves to plant that tree from harry potter that beat people shit up in middle of orgrimmar. It would be literally fist bumping (on citizens of org face).
    That Idea is hilarious, oh please make it happen ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.

If you appreciate him for being an asshole, thats fine, by all means do so, maybe theres people who likes assholes and so find that connection to garrosh, like twilight fans find a connection to soulless deadpans like bella. But people really need to stop deluding themselves that he's something he isn't.

I liked Garrosh because he made for good lore. Thrall just sat around and did nothing, and when he finally did something, he became SuperOrc through an incredibly lazy character arc. When Garrosh went on the throne shit was finally going down, and that's what makes one hooked on lore. I couldn't care how much of a nasty fellow he'd be to hang around, I don't have to meet the guy personally, I just want to see interesting lore happen, and for once something interesting actually happened, thanks to Garrosh. His character arc has literally been the one and only interesting character arc in WoW, simply because he was never butchered. Sure it has been inconsistent, especially here towards the end, but that's nothing compared to the mess that was the Lich King's arc, Thrall's arc or Deathwing's "arc". Garrosh was the one interesting character in WoW, because while he was an ass, we're just here to observe the action, and it was fun seeing him spread chaos around while being an asshole. People need to stop taking it so seriously that they hate Garrosh because they believe they can't share a cup of coffee with him, he was simply fun to observe, and he made for some hectic lore moments, without him there'd basically be no Alliance vs Horde moments in the game.

The points you listed is exactly the reason I like the guy. He (sort of) killed a leader who had done nothing for 6 years, he put another leader's life in jeopardy, and he turns the Horde inside out. Shit is happening, and it gets us as players pumped, it's a lot better than going to Black Temple to kill Illidan just because, or going to ICC to kill Arthas just to see him lose in the same expansion for the 5th time. Hating Garrosh is exactly what people want people to do, and it's been very successful as you've proven, now you want to go kill Garrosh, nobody wanted to kill Illidan because people actually liked the character, they've tried their darned best to make no one like Garrosh, and it has worked for the most part.

It's gonna be sad to see him go and see the lore return to being the same clichéd stuff Blizzard has always done with WoW though, but hey, it'd be stupid to have Garrosh keep on going. Still, I'm gonna miss actually being invested in the lore, we're probably just gonna go back to the same lame plotholes that barely could be called stories that were in the past expansions.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-09-06 at 11:00 AM.

funny thing about perma death in wow..
    Sorry - How many times have we killed Onixya? Who says Garrosh might not come back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Sorry - How many times have we killed Onixya? Who says Garrosh might not come back!
    We didn't kill onyxia, Varian did. And then her brother took her decapitated head, tried to bring her back with elecricity (oh god that was stupid) and she stayed perma dead.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.
    It wasn't Garrosh that caused this. The other races betrayed him, that's what caused the rip. After being betrayed he has all the right to spit in their faces.
    Garrosh was supposed to have advisors, remember? Not backstabbers that turned on him at every possible situation.

Garrosh gives orders, Vo'jin bitches at him and threatens to kill him. Then later Vol'jin apologized to Thrall, but not to Garrosh. Later he bitches and threatens Garrosh again, all the while not following orders because he thinks his own opinion far outweighs that of his superior, so his insubordination coupled with his constant threats to the Warchief got him the assassination attempt. Then the rest of the Darkspear learn of this and go against the Orcs, which results in the Orcs putting them on lockdown.

Then there is Sylvanas, who is just happy to use the plague even though Garrosh told her not to. He was right to call her a bitch, because that's what she is. The other races are too weak to call Sylvanas out on her crimes.

And then there is Lor'themar, the one who was going to defect to the Alliance behind the Warchief's back and suddenly calls Garrosh a traitor. What a hypocrit.

Heck, Baine is even straight out lying about his father's death at the hands of Garrosh. It wasn't Garrosh' fault, yet he blames him for it. He was happy to jump on the hate Garrosh bandwagon.

Oh, and then there is Thrall. Who knew that Garrosh was like his father and who knew that Garrosh would be an aggressive leader. Yet when he learns that Garrosh is going to war with the Alliance he suddenly loses his shit? I thought he appointed Garrosh for exactly that reason, the Horde needed a Warchief that was willing to go to war. And then when Thrall comes back he just expects everyone to automatically assume he's in control again? What a retard.

No, Garrosh was right to call the other races out for what they are. I think 95% of Garrosh' actions can be justified. The only thing that crosses the line is his dabbling with Old God powers, but I think that is out of character as he has shown to be against anything unnatural before, like demonic power or the plague.

Anyway, on top of this all. It was Garrosh and Varian who brought the WAR back in WARcraft. Something people admitted they missed since vanilla. I liked being with Garrosh and going to collect some Alliance skulls. I'm sure Alliance people liked cracking Horde skulls as well. This is the core of their franchise, Orcs vs Humans, Horde vs Alliance. This whole working together to fight a common foe has been done to death, it works occasionally but it has just become too common of a theme. I want to go back to the true meaning of the franchise, and if Garrosh is the one on Horde side that delivers then I'm with him.

I also expected full scale war, because that's what we were promised for Mists of Pandaria. But I haven't seen it. Patch 5.1 is full scale war? Don't make me laugh, it was just a few daily quests and the Horde and Alliance having a small skirmish at best. And after 5.1 the Horde players aren't even attacking the Alliance anymore, they're fighting themselves. How is that the Horde/Alliance war we've been promised?

Bottom line for me is, Garrosh simply embodies everything I like about Warcraft. Or should I say liked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    The Horde finally felt badass again. I'd much rather have been a part of The Old Horde than Thrall's Horde.
    Same here. Thrall's Horde is basically just green humans. I liked it in Warcraft 3, but I've grown to despise it in WoW. Orcs aren't meant to be diplomatic, it just doesn't fit them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet if gul'dan was a character in world of warcraft (instead of being in warcrafts past lore) he'd form fans like garrosh did, and with his child sacrifice and stealing of young orcs youth, working for kil'jaeden and all the evil shit he did, you'd still have a demographic of players who thinks he's the best thing to happen to the story, and even want him to be warchief.

such people should never be allowed to have children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Bottom line for me is, Garrosh simply embodies everything I like about Warcraft. Or should I say liked.
    And yet he's going to now die and everything he built will die with him by the rest of the horde and alliance.

Wow.. you really picked the worst horse.
    #boycottchina

We didn't kill onyxia, Varian did. And then her brother took her decapitated head, tried to bring her back with elecricity (oh god that was stupid) and she stayed perma dead.
    Its so annoying that he gets the kill :*(

Least I get to loot garrys head in a few weeks (shameless LFR XD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Its so annoying that he gets the kill :*(

Least I get to loot garrys head in a few weeks (shameless LFR XD)
    odds are it will claim the lore characters killed garrosh and we were just the grunts.

which, honestly, I'd far more prefer. Garrosh hasn't done anything to our playable characters that gives us reason to want to kill him, unlike the lore characters.
    #boycottchina

odds are it will claim the lore characters killed garrosh and we were just the grunts.

which, honestly, I'd far more prefer. Garrosh hasn't done anything to our playable characters that gives us reason to want to kill him, unlike the lore characters.
    I think it will be like the Heroes in ICC or DS, we're the guys who helped the lore characters out when it was needed. Based on how we're so involved in the war effort. Which im fine with it means we're there for it if you follow me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Wow, didn't think it was possible, but you blindly hate orcs more than I blindly like garrosh.
    Oh this was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Garrosh Hellscream IS the Warchief.

Enough Said!

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream IS the Warchief.

Enough Said!
    Not for much longer, I will be facing him in tier 1 armour and his very own axe. That shits coming down upon his neck. Cannot wait well I will have to wait as I will most likely do it in LFR or flex.

As much Garrosh is a damn prick I do like him as a villain. He's brutal and ruthless and doesn't give a damn. Was a "Dayum!" moment when he wanted Vol'jin assassinated, but heck, it gave us some lovely lore and story development. So Garrosh, I'll look forward to killing you soon, but you did a fine job as a villain. =)

not he didn't, see alive anduin.

no he didn't see alive taran zhu.

you can go sit on one then.
    Beat does not mean kill, and both Anduin and Taran were beaten by the crumbling bell and Gorehowl to the stomach (yes, wrong axe in the trailer, Blizz fucked that up). So yes, they were beaten by Garrosh.

Also, wow... Just cuz you don't like Garrosh doesn't mean you have to be an ass like that reply about the spikes... You were quite unbearable to listen to before, but that's just mean. Let people appreciate Garrosh if they want to and keep your blind hatred to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Not for much longer, I will be facing him in tier 1 armour and his very own axe. That shits coming down upon his neck. Cannot wait well I will have to wait as I will most likely do it in LFR or flex.
    All True Warchiefs die in battle

That is his fate that he accepted long ago

such people should never be allowed to have children.
    You just go *so* overboard trying to force your opinions on others, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you make comments like that based on someones opinion of an imaginary character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    You just go *so* overboard trying to force your opinions on others, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you make comments like that based on someones opinion of an imaginary character.
    If you like badguys in games, movies or literature it makes you a evil bastard who sacrifices children to the god Kali