Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Oh. nah I think I'll keep highlighting how you have bad judgements of character, and how you keep flogging the dead horse with trying to pretend Garrosh's 'now bad guy' development was forced
    Oh we know. You'll probably talk about him till the day you die. We are not bad judges of characters for appreciating a video game character. I think your main issue here is you're consistently placing yourself from an in-game perspective. Sure, if Garrosh was real I'd probably despise him as well, but I have a secret for you: he isn't. He's a character in a story, and we are not participating, but observing the story. This is why characters like Garrosh, that are not morally just by our outsider standards, are excellent for stories because they add conflict. At the end of the day the game is still called Warcraft, and Blizzard needs characters that can bring war, and the many horrors/means of waging it in order to captivate an audience. So Trassk, I believe it is you that is a poor judge of character, because if we followed the characters that you enjoy, we'd probably be watching an episode of CSPAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  2. #102
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Oh we know. You'll probably talk about him till the day you die. We are not bad judges of characters for appreciating a video game character. I think your main issue here is you're consistently placing yourself from an in-game perspective. Sure, if Garrosh was real I'd probably despise him as well, but I have a secret for you: he isn't. He's a character in a story, and we are not participating, but observing the story. This is why characters like Garrosh, that are not morally just by our outsider standards, are excellent for stories because they add conflict. At the end of the day the game is still called Warcraft, and Blizzard needs characters that can bring war, and the many horrors/means of waging it in order to captivate an audience. So Trassk, I believe it is you that is a poor judge of character, because if we followed the characters that you enjoy, we'd probably be watching an episode of CSPAN.
    nah I'll just be content when he's dead.

    And whats cspan, something over in america? we don't get your t.v over here.

    Garrosh is a character that is designed so you love to hate him, and I just forfill that role blizzard made for him, which means I'm actually keeping on track with there design. Its you guys who can't seen to accept thats what he is here for.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    nah I'll just be content when he's dead.

    And whats cspan, something over in america? we don't get your t.v over here.

    Garrosh is a character that is designed so you love to hate him, and I just forfill that role blizzard made for him, which means I'm actually keeping on track with there design. Its you guys who can't seen to accept thats what he is here for.
    are you seriously telling people how they should feel about a fictional character? like really?

  4. #104
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    nah I'll just be content when he's dead.

    And whats cspan, something over in america? we don't get your t.v over here.

    Garrosh is a character that is designed so you love to hate him, and I just forfill that role blizzard made for him, which means I'm actually keeping on track with there design. Its you guys who can't seen to accept thats what he is here for.
    You guys? Who is you guys? I have hold no illusions that he is anything but an antagonist. The difference between the two of us though, Trassk, is that I enjoy a fictional character that is not up to my standards of morality. Antagonists, the "bad guys," give a reason for the story to take place. They allow the protagonists to become heroes, and they are the ones that open the door to excellent storytelling. From the blood-thirsty, to the criminally insane, to the cunning and deceitful, psychopaths/sociopaths/evil bastards add the element necessary for conflict to take place. They are the stories.

    CSPAN is a non-profit channel that follows around government proceedings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    are you seriously telling people how they should feel about a fictional character? like really?
    He does it quite frequently, go through his posts and you'll see it.

    He's just mad that Thrall (his favorite character) will never be as amazing as Garrosh.

  6. #106
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    He does it quite frequently, go through his posts and you'll see it.

    He's just mad that Thrall (his favorite character) will never be as amazing as Garrosh.
    So amazing that he'll be dead come 5.5. yeeeah, thats amazing that is.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  7. #107
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So amazing that he'll be dead come 5.5. yeeeah, thats amazing that is.
    And Thrall is creatively dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  8. #108
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    You guys? Who is you guys? I have hold no illusions that he is anything but an antagonist. The difference between the two of us though, Trassk, is that I enjoy a fictional character that is not up to my standards of morality. Antagonists, the "bad guys," give a reason for the story to take place. They allow the protagonists to become heroes, and they are the ones that open the door to excellent storytelling. From the blood-thirsty, to the criminally insane, to the cunning and deceitful, psychopaths/sociopaths/evil bastards add the element necessary for conflict to take place. They are the stories.

    CSPAN is a non-profit channel that follows around government proceedings.
    you want me to accept what you regard of the character, well heres a suggestion, why don't you accept how I've hated the character from the get go, he's an asshole and one whos deserving of hate, and I've learned to just ride with that, rather then preaching some bs about how he's a benefit to the story. He's a tool, any other character could have stood in his place and done the same thing he did.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  9. #109
    High Overlord McCronCronz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The hot boxed room
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    neither are you, durrr.


    see above


    WAR.HAMMER.REFERENCE.WOW.NOT.HAVE.ORKS


    not he didn't, see alive anduin.

    no he didn't see alive taran zhu

    real men grow hair


    yes, because all horde minorities want to kill him.


    A cold virus kills alliance, and does a better job of it.

    Showing he's uneducated and masks behind aggression to hide it.


    See first reply.


    Gangsta sucks as a dynamic for the insecure kids out there.


    you can go sit on one then.


    No he just cries for his daddy.


    So he wants to be a goblin then.


    So he's stealing themes from goblins.


    We're fighting him stealing an old god heart, he can't even kill anyone in fair combat without a cheat code.


    English is a nice language to learn.


    It means he's a warhammer drop out and should piss off back to his own backwards dimension, leaving the progressive orcs alone.


    Brann Bronzebeard does that as a job, and better at it.


    He made a body part that can't react to him his bitch, nothing else has counted.


    and failed at it.


    must be a strain since he'll be dead soon.
    One person riding his dick, the other doing anything to diss him. He's the best Warchief the Horde has ever had, have fun with the next guy who just sits there and never to be heard of again.

  10. #110
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    And Thrall is creatively dead.
    whats that, the sound of not caring in the distance? Was that an attempt as a low blow?

    about time you realized the difference between good guys and bad guys people.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  11. #111
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you want me to accept what you regard of the character, well heres a suggestion, why don't you accept how I've hated the character from the get go, he's an asshole and one whos deserving of hate, and I've learned to just ride with that, rather then preaching some bs about how he's a benefit to the story. He's a tool, any other character could have stood in his place and done the same thing he did.
    I'm not the one invading an appreciation thread to spew my spiteful rhetoric, Trassk. You are. You're so self-absorbed with your own perception that you cannot physically accept the fact that not everyone agrees with your point of view. You're going to come to terms with this if you're every going to make it in a professional setting.

    Every man woman and child that reads these forums knows your point of view. We get it. This is a thread for those of us that actually like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  12. #112
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by McCronCronz View Post
    One person riding his dick, the other doing anything to diss him. He's the best Warchief the Horde has ever had, have fun with the next guy who just sits there and never to be heard of again.
    you know.. you just highlighted how, I don't need to say much more on this, I mean its sad how people have such messed up ethics in a fictional game as it is anyway to like such a character as Garrosh.. but to go to this extreme to try and win some sense of victory on a forum, its just funny now.

    I imagine a dark dank room with all garrosh fans in a circle, not having seen the light of day for several weeks after he's dead, in denial over it. Most amusing.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  13. #113
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Was that an attempt as a low blow?
    Are you taking an insult to a video game character as a personal attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  14. #114
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Every man woman and child that reads these forums knows your point of view. We get it. This is a thread for those of us that actually like him.
    Every time i made a post about my appreciation for Thrall or another character, it got ripped apart by your clowns, so, its only fair I get to laugh about the fact not only do you have the worst taste in character, but said character will be dead soon.
    Fairs fair in love and war.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  15. #115
    Yeah that Garrosh, he was something else.

  16. #116
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Are you taking an insult to a video game character as a personal attack?
    Ask yourself such. I'm just giving my opinion about a fictional character. apparently people don't like that.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  17. #117
    Mechagnome Bormes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.

    If you appreciate him for being an asshole, thats fine, by all means do so, maybe theres people who likes assholes and so find that connection to garrosh, like twilight fans find a connection to soulless deadpans like bella. But people really need to stop deluding themselves that he's something he isn't.
    Because its a character...in a game, not a real dude. You can appreciate it because it sets up a great raid. We're not saying you should like him...that would be weird even if he was a good guy considering...well, he's not real...but you can appreciate the CHARACTER.

  18. #118
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Every time i made a post about my appreciation for Thrall or another character, it got ripped apart by your clowns, so, its only fair I get to laugh about the fact not only do you have the worst taste in character, but said character will be dead soon.
    Fairs fair in love and war.
    If you are attempting to justify your own immaturity because others are immature, then you're only hurting your argument.
    Stop with the ad hominems. It's a video game. No reason for personal attacks. At any rate, if you actually paid attention to what I wrote in your Thrall threads, I agreed with you for the most part. However, never once did you stay only on appreciation of Thrall, but used them as kickboards to attack Garrosh. Your true love in this game is your scorn for Garrosh, not your appreciation of Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  19. #119
    Y'all just needa chill

  20. #120
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ask yourself such. I'm just giving my opinion about a fictional character. apparently people don't like that.
    I'm not the one considering an insult to a video character as a "low blow." You are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •