Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm so gonna think about you each week when I'm killing him in LFR or flexi
    Picture me laughing at you every time you inevitably wipe.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-09-07 at 06:15 AM.

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Yes you hated Garrosh back in the TBC beta when they first added him because he was such a hatefull character in the first place, i mean he was sitting there near a bonfire pretending to be a lamb while plotting to kill huge amounts of people he never heard off on the other planet he never visited and become the Emperor of such planet.

Makes my blood boil just thinking of that monster back then, unpmh!
    A character doesn't need to reach its "evil boiling point" for be hated. Garrosh had by the beginning a behavior that could have been disliked or even hated, because the character was designed around that.

Yeah in TBC Garrosh was not all full of pride and energy but still I found him pretty irritating, personally. Fuck all that "I'm ashamed of my father and I fear I'll do the same shit", that was a pathetic excuse of a person with a weak and fragile personality for sit in its own depression. He was NOT his father, he was just his father's son, and if Garrosh would ever had any balls, he would have just took his life, that had nothing to do with his father's life, and doing with it everything that he would have truly desired to do.

Jorin Deadeye had so much more personality despite the fact that his father was not a saint either, and rightfully bashed Garrosh for the "impotent whelp" that he was in the few quests you receive by him. Garrosh was weak, and needed the pride for his father for develop any sort of strained self-confidence, using it as a "shield" for hide all his doubts and insecurities (that surfaced even when Thrall chose him as the next Warchief).

As I already said I appreciate Garrosh as a villain excatly for this kind of flaws and the twisted way in which he tried to conquer them, but judging him as a person, hell, Garrosh is one of the worst kind of individuals imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Garrosh, I don't know if its his character, or his voice, or his eyes, but something about him. It's like a river of love flowing into your heart, straight from the loins of the son of Hellscream. I dare say this Garrosh fellow was a fine man, a kind man, an attractive man. However, he was not without his failures, as his overwhelming care for ll that is evil has driven him to do some awful things. What a character i say if I may speak for myself thank you.
    You clever boy, I know what you did there.
    Darkspear never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

I'm kinda meh with Garrosh. I usually love awesome warrior heroes like Lothar, Grom and Varian along with characters outside of Warcraft like Guts from Berserk.
    But with Garrosh I did kinda make an exception, but because of my love of warrior heroes I can't say I actually dislike him and instead neither like or dislike him really.

His biggest flaw is his motivations. They have never been made 100% clear from the start and when they are mentioned will vary from writer to writer. Especially now he seems to be doing bad and destructive things simply to be bad and destructive. Heart of War shaped him up in a good way.

I actually looked forward to seeing him show up in 5.1. That moment where Gorehowl comes flying out of the blue and buries itself in that Mogu was awesome.

Read - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...h-hellscream/1
    Despite all of the problems with his story as a whole his short story was good and is definitely something you should read if you like Garrosh even a slither.

So you know how I know Garrosh is pure evil. Blizzard made it very easy to spot.

Garrosh is a villain.. because he has Jaundice.

1. Yellowish discoloration of the whites of the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes caused by deposition of bile salts in these tissues. It occurs as a symptom of various diseases, such as hepatitis, that affect the processing of bile. Also called icterus.
    And has its well known, some of the biggest villians in movies and tv series, all suffer from Jaundice.

All yellow eyed characters are either doomed to become bad guys, or in denial about it.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-07 at 09:04 PM.

All yellow eyed characters are either doomed to become bad guys, or in denial about it.
    Expect so see Chen in that situation in the future then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Expect so see Chen in that situation in the future then.
    Yes, perhaps Chen can be the example, and escape the fate that Jaundice has on him.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if you want to know whose fan I am, I'm an arthas fan, a sylvanas fan, an illidan fan, a gallywix fan and especially, an archimonde fan. feel free to joke about them, I do it all the time

a good source of archimonde jokes is his signature spell: the finger of death lol

EDIT: add lord jaraxxus to that list, as well!
    Is that the best you can do ? "Crimson fist" is 100 times worse.

If Gul'dan was still around you'd still have a demographic of players who thinks he's the best thing to happen to the story, and even want him to be warchief.
    - - - Updated - - -.
    Gul'dan was one of the best things to happen to the story, he's also one of the greatest characters Blizzard ever created because of how twisted and evil he is. But I liked Garrosh as warchief in Cataclysm, I like his trash talking and his bravado. A shame he went turned into a psychopath but even as a villain I still really like Garrosh.

Its amazing how dumb or ignorant some people can be, in that they didn't learn anything from this cautionary tale.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so gonna think about you each week when I'm killing him in LFR or flexi

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Picture me laughing at you every time you inevitably wipe.
    The whole thinking of you while i kill Garrosh in "LFR or flexi" thing, too me just show maybe Garrosh was right we are "weak".

boy... oh boy... why can't I pick the Strong side.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2013-09-07 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I actually looked forward to seeing him show up in 5.1. That moment where Gorehowl comes flying out of the blue and buries itself in that Mogu was awesome.
    Oh I have to agree with this, that moment has been gloriously awesome.

Read - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...h-hellscream/1
    Despite all of the problems with his story as a whole his short story was good and is definitely something you should read if you like Garrosh even a slither.
    That short-story was pretty necessary for explain Garrosh's character and motivations, not only because his suddenly "destroy the Alliance" stand showed in WotLK wouldn't had any sense, but because shows Garrosh as a well-motivated douchebag...but always a douchebag he was, and the beginning of The Shattering already showed that, despite his good points, something wasn't absolutely right about him.

About this I think this article of WoWInsider is very well written and worth a read.

And also this, wrote by the same person that wrote the short-story, Sarah Pine. Beatifully written aswell.
    Darkspear never die.

The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

Garrosh could have been so much more than Blizzard made him.

He could have been our second Doomhammer. A good ~Warchief who wasn't afraid to smash faces when there was need but no.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    He could have been our second Doomhammer.
    Oh, very hardly. Doomhammer was a good Warchief because was cool-headed and even "wise" in some things, something that Grom has never been, and chances that Garrosh would have been much more like Orgrim than his own father...were very low.

I say we should bet on some other, more "reliable", bloodline.
    Darkspear never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh, very hardly. Doomhammer was a good Warchief because was cool-headed and even "wise" in some things, something that Grom has never been, and chances that Garrosh would have been much more like Orgrim than his own father...were very low.

I say we should bet on some other, more "reliable", bloodline.
    He was much less 'wise' during the events of Warcraft 2 than in the events of 'Tides of Darkness' where he was fine with beating the humans

I like him cause he's so badass it'll require a full LFR group to beat him, omg so awesome! I mean common, LFR, so hardcore!

Garrosh could have been so much more than Blizzard made him.

He could have been our second Doomhammer. A good ~Warchief who wasn't afraid to smash faces when there was need but no.
    Doomhammer failed too.. twice infact, both when he and his forces fell after turalyon beat him, and then years later by being stabbed in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh is his own worst enemy. And all his fanboys are the same.

Why do you like Garrosh? Because he's brutal? Because he's savage? Because he speaks shit to people? Because he respects no one but himself? Because the things he does involves dirty tactics and brutality to get it done, nevermind who dies in the process?

Yeah, you all got great morality when it comes to character with this one. And you wonder how he became the bad guy... seriously, whats wrong with you people.. All the things you liked him for, and you thought this WOULDN'T lead to him being a bad guy?

apparently none of you learned from Arthas's story.

Doomhammer failed too.. twice infact, both when he and his forces fell after turalyon beat him, and then years later by being stabbed in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh is his own worst enemy. And all his fanboys are the same.

Why do you like Garrosh? Because he's brutal? Because he's savage? Because he speaks shit to people? Because he respects no one but himself? Because the things he does involves dirty tactics and brutality to get it done, nevermind who dies in the process?

Yeah, you all got great morality when it comes to character with this one. And you wonder how he became the bad guy... seriously, whats wrong with you people..
    The second time was Gul'Dan's fault, it has to be said.

I liked Garrosh because he stood up for the Orcs. He didn't fanny about with the night elves for food or lumber. He just took it for his people's survival.

Yeah, Blizzard made him a baddie with the whole sha and old god heart thingy in Pandaria but he still does what he does for the Orcs and so he can clearly take the high ground from Illidan, Gul'Dan, Arthas and loads of other guys.

He's buggered. That's for sure but I have faith that the next warchief won't so so ignorant of the orc's need for food and resources after 5.4

It's weird, I'm starting to like him as a character now that his motives are being somewhat properly explored. The inexplicable jump from defeated pussbasket to bloodthirsty dictator had me loathing him for a long time. In the end though, I think the only objectively good thing he ever did was redesign and fortify Orgrimmar. Good lore wise I think, and certainly good for the game too.

I liked Garrosh because he stood up for the Orcs. He didn't fanny about with the night elves for food or lumber. He just took it for his people's survival.
    And there in is the problem.

Orcs have, time and again, shown how all it takes is the wrong kind of leader telling them what to do, to royally fuck up there society. The only time they orcs have shown an air of being at one with something, is when they had no warchief and were seperate clans, or when they had a warchief they just told them to stop and behave.

There like children, orcs don't need a leader who tells them to 'go, kill things, fuck around other peoples lives', because every single time they do.. the fail, they die, they lose.

Why hasn't this lesson gotten though to people yet, giving orcs a leader that acts on the worse qualities of the orcs will always lead to the same outcome, defeat.

Ending of the Stonetalon quest chain.

Also,

GET
    OFF
    MY
    SHIP! (SHIEEEEEEEP!)
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

Dristereau3D

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Ending of the Stonetalon quest chain.

Also,

GET
    OFF
    MY
    SHIP! (SHIEEEEEEEP!)
    Yeah, Get off my ship is actually quite cool, thanks for reminding me of it