Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like him for the interesting and sometimes rather heated discussion he has caused over the last few years. Its made for some fun reading on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.

If you appreciate him for being an asshole, thats fine, by all means do so, maybe theres people who likes assholes and so find that connection to garrosh, like twilight fans find a connection to soulless deadpans like bella. But people really need to stop deluding themselves that he's something he isn't.
    I probably didn't clarify enough what my contention was in the initial post:

I don't like Garrosh in the way that I admired one of my teachers who took the time to help me after a class or a person who volunteers to feed the homeless or donate to charity or even a close friend.

I appreciate Garrosh in the same sense that I appreciated what Arthas did to involve me in the game: He's a villain that has gotten me excited to raid for the first time in two dozen patches.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    He's made for an interesting character.
    He has? News to me.

*me kill alliance, me smash*. Super interesting.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't like Garrosh in the way that I admired one of my teachers who took the time to help me after a class or a person who volunteers to feed the homeless or donate to charity or even a close friend.

I appreciate Garrosh in the same sense that I appreciated what Arthas did to involve me in the game: He's a villain that has gotten me excited to raid for the first time in two dozen patches.
    well of course, in the sense of it what the character does as opposed to the character themselves.

To me, Garrosh always has been a massive tool, a plot deviced used as a foil to develop other characters, and in that regard, yes, him being that much of an asshole was able to develop other characters like vol'jin, Jaina, lor'themar, Anduin, Thrall and Varian along.

Make you wonder, if there killing Garrosh off, as a foil for other characters, what they intend to do to develop other lore characters along further without such a tool.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Trassk's post immediately after OP? Damn - he is efficient.

As for 'appreciating' Garrosh. . .

For me:

-as long as you appreciate him for being a well-placed ultimate ascended foe that made vast portion of his faction turn against him due to his atrocities, that is fine by my standards.

-as long as you DO NOT make up BS redeeming reasons for the sole sake of helping yourself sleep better, that is fine by my book.

-as long as you DO NOT rally against what you perceive as a 'bad Blizz storytelling' just because your fave is -most likely- killed off, this too is something I can sign up for.

I understand that, the only reason Im still subbed is because I find Garrosh and the concept of SoO interesting and I want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.

If you appreciate him for being an asshole, thats fine, by all means do so, maybe theres people who likes assholes and so find that connection to garrosh, like twilight fans find a connection to soulless deadpans like bella. But people really need to stop deluding themselves that he's something he isn't.
    1. He didn't destroy the Horde. It's not his fault everyone turned into pacifists.

2. The leader he killed challenged him based on a false premise, and the one he tried to kill threatened to kill him first.

3. Okay, he's racist, no doubt about that.

4. The other racists rebelled, so by definition they're not part of his Horde.

5. Bella is fine. Just because a girl isn't a loudmouth ditz doesn't mean she has no personality.

I don't care how many useless posts you make in your anti-Garrosh agenda, he put the factions at war, keeps the Horde feeling darker than the Alliance (with help from Sylvanas) and makes the story interesting. That's plenty of good reason to like a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    The faction war was never interesting quite honestly, it would be if it wasn't in MMO Format, but Gameplay gets in the way. If it wasn't for Gameplay Garrosh's "True" Horde wouldn't be threatened by Vol'jin's rebellion and would've already taken back Razor Hill, not to mention, this whole rebellion thing was pretty much set up so that the Horde could join the Alliance in getting rid of Garrosh. Also Long story short, both factions get fucked over. If this was WCI or II, I'd be all for it, sadly it's not.

Ill credit Garrosh this---It was nice of him to make the valley of wisdom the tauren district. That waterfall and pond stuff, nice and high where we get the breezes, tucked nicely away from all the sounds/smells of machines remind me of old orgrimmar. It was pretty thoughtful.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2013-09-06 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Last edited by Elixr; 2013-09-06 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cxzar View Post
    And that's true, he became an even bigger douche than his father. At least Grom did something for his people in the end

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate garrosh for knocking thrall's green ass across the room in 5.4.

I also appreciate him for trying to kill vol'jin. I hope that throat cut made his "Please don't go alliance! We neeeeeed you!" sound really raspy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I appreciate him pre tides of war however after that he just went bat poop crazy and started killing everything in site, using old gods to gain power and slapping every ally he ever had >.<

what would warchief garrosh do, made me like garrosh - starts at 1:12+ :P
    [video=youtube;j6R4U6OdY64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6R4U6OdY64[video]
    My sides...my sides hurt so much.

I think I just found my new favorite WoW video.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    2. The leader he killed challenged him based on a false premise, and the one he tried to kill threatened to kill him first.
    Cairne was perfectly content with just giving Garrosh an ass-kicking. It was Garrosh who up-the-ante and made it a duel to the death.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-09-06 at 05:01 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Ugh, these threads are just a lure for Trassk to come mindlessly spam Garrosh hate. We get it. He's a bastard. HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE.

I appreciate Garrosh because ORC SMASH.

Seriously, we have enough tree and nature-loving races in this game. We don't need any deep, inner peace-seeking story (the writing apparently isn't strong enough to make it decent anyway).

Let orcs just be orcs! Lok'tar OGAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh please, humans lack the punch. I mean they could put orcs in camps again (that would be hilarous) but lets face it, blizzard lacks balls to do that.

I really hope that alliance will get something to compensate. One idea is to have night elves to plant that tree from harry potter that beat people shit up in middle of orgrimmar. It would be literally fist bumping (on citizens of org face).

I laughed way too hard at that xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I agree! *looks at the chain of severed orc heads dragging on the ground behind her nightsaber* more angry dumb orc cannon fodder plz!
    That pretty funny statement given the night elves, using they "brilliant" tactics in both azshara, and ashenvale border (i will storm fortified wall with sword lul) are pretty much biggest cannon fodder in game so far

I like a lot about him and how he brought Horde vs Alliance content for our pleasure. What I don't like about him is how hamfisted his development has been.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That pretty funny statement given the night elves, using they "brilliant" tactics in both azshara, and ashenvale border (i will storm fortified wall with sword lul) are pretty much biggest cannon fodder in game so far
    Oh it's not confined to WoW, it's happened since they were implemented in WCIII.

The Night Elves: "Orcs cutting our trees, attack!"
    *Warsong Clan destroys 3 Night Elven Camps and chops their ancients down for Lumber*
    The Night Elves: "Cenarius Help us! The Orcs are cutting down our forest!"
    *Warsong Clan makes a tactical retreat, drinks some Demon Blood and kills not only more Night Elves, but their Demigod as well*.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I agree! *looks at the chain of severed orc heads dragging on the ground behind her nightsaber* more angry dumb orc cannon fodder plz!
    As a total lover of orcs (jokes)...I'm totally ok with that!

I appreciate Garrosh because he's secretly trying to protect us from the Burning Legion by selling his soul and the Horde for power.