Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post

Also, wow... Just cuz you don't like Garrosh doesn't mean you have to be an ass like that reply about the spikes... You were quite unbearable to listen to before, but that's just mean. Let people appreciate Garrosh if they want to and keep your blind hatred to yourself!
    why should I, I've had to put up with that same bs aimed my some of my fav characters, its only right I get to make it clear what a tool Garrosh is to those who appreciate him.

Fact is, your people choose a bad character to follow behind, yet can't take it when that bad character meets whats coming to him, some even going as far to find scapegoats to try and justify it. And its worth pointing that out, seen how you honestly thought he'd get to carry on this way.

Try being humble next time, you want to like a bad guy, thats fine, but take the punches that comes from it.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-06 at 01:28 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream IS the Warchief.
    Last boss encounter of SoO:

Garrosh Hellscream <Warchief of the True Horde>

Not so different by Rend Blackhand being the "Warchief of the Dark Horde" and Mor'ghor being a self-proclaimed Warchief of the Dragonmaw and Kargath Bladefist being the Warchief of the Fel Horde. Orcish tyrants love to give cool adjectives to "their" Horde for make it looks more special and amazing of all the other "crap Hordes" LOL

Anyway, they are all usurpers. No one excluded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

All True Warchiefs die in battle

That is his fate that he accepted long ago
    He is no longer my Warchief to me he is a fool. Thrall shall take back the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    As much Garrosh is a damn prick I do like him as a villain. He's brutal and ruthless and doesn't give a damn. Was a "Dayum!" moment when he wanted Vol'jin assassinated, but heck, it gave us some lovely lore and story development. So Garrosh, I'll look forward to killing you soon, but you did a fine job as a villain. =)
    But I wholeheartedly agree with this. 100%. And yeah Trassk, I feel you man but, "appreciation thread" doesn't necessarily mean "I like all what he did for the Horde by making it cool and awesome!1!!11!1", that can just mean appreciation of the character and its place in the story, as Wishblade said, much like someone can like Arthas, Illidan or any other villain (remember this word, because Garrosh is a damn villain like the other two guys). Don't see enemies everywhere.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Last boss encounter of SoO:

Garrosh Hellscream <Warchief of the True Horde>

Not so different by Rend Blackhand being the "Warchief of the Dark Horde" and Mor'ghor being a self-proclaimed Warchief of the Dragonmaw and Kargath Bladefist being the Warchief of the Fel Horde. Orcish tyrants love to give cool adjectives to "their" Horde for make it looks more special and amazing of all the other "crap Hordes" LOL

Anyway, they are all usurpers. No one excluded.
    Except Garrosh is a real Warchief.

He was given the mantle of warchief by the last warchief himself. It's a big difference from those like Kargath or Blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Except Garrosh is a real Warchief.

He was given the mantle of warchief by the last warchief himself. It's a big difference from those like Kargath or Blackhand.
    On the contrary, Garrosh is the worst of them all, because has been the more subtle. Kargath and Blackhand were straightforward minds that just took what they wanted by force. Garrosh instead won Thrall's trust in receiving such an important role, and then he did of the Horde, that has been graciously gave to him by the previous Warchief all the shit that he wanted, even mocking and bashing Thrall about how pathetic and weak he is, despite the fact that if an Azerothian Horde exists nowdays is just and only for him. Garrosh didn't build nothing, he just destroyed everything for which Thrall worked pretty hard.

Oh yeah, he's the worst of them all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh Hellscream IS the Warchief.

Enough Said!
    Agreed! Lets hope he takes someone down with him, maybe Aggra or vol'jin. Hope he kills someone off before he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    On the contrary, Garrosh is the worst of them all, because has been the more subtle. Kargath and Blackhand were straightforward minds that just took what they wanted by force. Garrosh instead won Thrall's trust in receiving such an important role, and then he did of the Horde, that has been graciously gave to him by the previous Warchief all the shit that he wanted, even mocking and bashing Thrall about how pathetic and weak he is, despite the fact that if an Azerothian Horde exists nowdays is just and only for him. Garrosh didn't build nothing, he just destroyed everything for which Thrall worked pretty hard.

Oh yeah, he's the worst of them all.
    The fact that you consider him ''worse'' than them doesn't mean anything.

He still is the Warchief.

Garrosh already mocked Thrall before he was Warchief (see Scourge invasion of Orgrimmar)
    He almost always acted disrespectful/arrogant (see his campaign in Northrend)
    and he was always reckless after hearing of his father's deeds.

And Garrosh actually built many things.
    The most obvious one is Orgrimmar, which is now massive and heavily defended city, instead of the wooden slum that it was under Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh has the best voice in-game. More is not required. I can listen to his voice all day. Just like Morgan freeman's voice
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    The most obvious one is Orgrimmar, which is now massive and heavily defended city, instead of the wooden slum that it was under Thrall.
    apparently it wasn't so fortified that it could stop rebel and alliance forces breaking into it, wiping out the kor'kohn and killing garrosh. Heck, Thrall and saurfang got in the side gate no problem thanks to nazgrim. Sooo fortified is orgrimmar.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Best warchief the Horde ever had.

If not for the racism, I would be one hundred percent on board with everything Garrosh did. Up to and including using the Dark Heart as a source of power.

And even then, his racism seemed to be tempered enough to use goblins to develop war engineering. So if he could do the same to the Forsaken in order to get their awesome bio-weapons and necromantic creations, we'd have the best Horde.

Deleted
    I still believe that Blizzard should have kept him like he was in Cata. He had the potential to be a good Horde character, but instead they decided to butcher him... Probably because they didn’t have a fitting villain for a pvp-themed xpack. Hell, it could’ve easily been Varian as well if they had wanted so.

I really liked Garrosh as a character (that is until he became bonkers). Sure he was pretty much an ass to other Horde members, but I think they never went too far with it in Cata.

All in all, Garrosh’s new character “development” left me pretty much a bad taste in my mouth similar to Deathwing, who I think was another wasted character (as a villain, of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    He had the potential to be a good Horde character, but instead they decided to butcher him... Probably because they didn’t have a fitting villain for a pvp-themed xpack. Hell, it could’ve easily been Varian as well if they had wanted so.
    It's all invention. They had in mind what to do with Garrosh and about the "length" of his reign all along. They only had to decide in which expansion develop the last piece of his story, and to them MoP turned out to be the more fitting.

Beliving he could be handled differently it's fine. Beliving they had at some point some greater plan than this for him is not.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I appreciate that he's going to be dead before too long. Also that his model is freaking awesome, and he's amusing in the cinematics he's in.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, Garrosh’s new character “development” left me pretty much a bad taste in my mouth similar to Deathwing, who I think was another wasted character (as a villain, of course).
    How could they have made Deathwing a hero? Or even an anti-hero? He was a villain since his appearance in Warcraft 2...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    How could they have made Deathwing a hero? Or even an anti-hero? He was a villain since his appearance in Warcraft 2...
    As a villain. In that sense I think he was a wasted character in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you consider him ''worse'' than them doesn't mean anything.

He still is the Warchief.
    It is not a matter of what I consider, is a matter of what he objectively did, which is spitting in the face of Thrall and everything he worked for. And to be honest, it's not excatly what you should do towards the one that trusted you so much to giving you the very mantle of Warchief.

And nope, he's not anymore the Warchief of the Horde, he's the Warchief of the True Horde, a suffix that Garrosh himself and his loyalists created, and I'm not clearly part of it indeed. So no, he's not the Warchief of the Horde, he's just the Warchief of his tiny faction of zealot maniacs.

Garrosh already mocked Thrall before he was Warchief (see Scourge invasion of Orgrimmar)
    He almost always acted disrespectful/arrogant (see his campaign in Northrend)
    and he was always reckless after hearing of his father's deeds.
    But all of this happened before Thrall gave him the mantle of Warchief. And until that, despite his pride, his recklessness and his arrogance, his hunger of validation made him always in need of Thrall's approval and appreciation, like is shown in Heart of War and The Shattering. And in the latter novel, aswell in in-game event of the Elemental Unrest, he receives the position of Warchief by Thrall, full of fears and doubts, and making this promise:

"I will not fail you, Warchief. I will lead as well as I can, and I will consult with the advisors you suggest. I know what a tremendous honor you do me, and I will strive to be worthy of it."

He stepped from the "provisional replacement" during Thrall's absence, a replacement granted with misplaced trust that Garrosh would have listened his advisors, to twisting the Horde in a mix of Old and Dark Horde, shattering the whole structure of the New Horde and tearing apart all the orcish alliances. This is not about what I like or belive, but about what Garrosh undeniably did.

And Garrosh actually built many things.
    You said one of the few constructive things he made, started with a good intention initially (no more "inflammable" stuff in Orgrimmar) but ended with it becoming a military fortress and a symbol of conquest and dominion (which could have been able to serve Garrosh's purposes, like the one in the next patch).
    Too bad that such a thing remains quite frivolous compared to what Garrosh "destroyed" and sacrificed until now, both in material and symbolic terms.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-09-06 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing how dumb or ignorant some people can be, in that they didn't learn anything from this cautionary tale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I appreciate garrosh for knocking thrall's green ass across the room in 5.4.

I also appreciate him for trying to kill vol'jin. I hope that throat cut made his "Please don't go alliance! We neeeeeed you!" sound really raspy.
    I'm so gonna think about you each week when I'm killing him in LFR or flexi
    #boycottchina

Garrosh..... if only the writers didn't make him go apeshit on his fellow Horde races, he'd be the best warchief ever.

He sure was a lot more interesing as the warchief then Thrall ever was

I still believe that Blizzard should have kept him like he was in Cata. He had the potential to be a good Horde character, but instead they decided to butcher him... Probably because they didn’t have a fitting villain for a pvp-themed xpack. Hell, it could’ve easily been Varian as well if they had wanted so.

I really liked Garrosh as a character (that is until he became bonkers). Sure he was pretty much an ass to other Horde members, but I think they never went too far with it in Cata.

He did seem to go from a promising, strong leader to genocidal maniac rather quickly.

If it had been Varian at least we'd get less whining about the expansion being too Horde-centric. (And a pretty cool twist to boot.)

GARROSH HELLSCREAM FOR THE WIN!!!, YET AS TIME FADES, NOT ALL KINGS, WARCHIEFS, LORDS OR GODS CAN RULE FOREVER (it appears :<)