Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I actually looked forward to seeing him show up in 5.1. That moment where Gorehowl comes flying out of the blue and buries itself in that Mogu was awesome.
    Oh I have to agree with this, that moment has been gloriously awesome.

Read - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...h-hellscream/1
    Despite all of the problems with his story as a whole his short story was good and is definitely something you should read if you like Garrosh even a slither.
    That short-story was pretty necessary for explain Garrosh's character and motivations, not only because his suddenly "destroy the Alliance" stand showed in WotLK wouldn't had any sense, but because shows Garrosh as a well-motivated douchebag...but always a douchebag he was, and the beginning of The Shattering already showed that, despite his good points, something wasn't absolutely right about him.

About this I think this article of WoWInsider is very well written and worth a read.

And also this, wrote by the same person that wrote the short-story, Sarah Pine. Beatifully written aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh could have been so much more than Blizzard made him.

He could have been our second Doomhammer. A good ~Warchief who wasn't afraid to smash faces when there was need but no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    He could have been our second Doomhammer.
    Oh, very hardly. Doomhammer was a good Warchief because was cool-headed and even "wise" in some things, something that Grom has never been, and chances that Garrosh would have been much more like Orgrim than his own father...were very low.

I say we should bet on some other, more "reliable", bloodline.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh, very hardly. Doomhammer was a good Warchief because was cool-headed and even "wise" in some things, something that Grom has never been, and chances that Garrosh would have been much more like Orgrim than his own father...were very low.

I say we should bet on some other, more "reliable", bloodline.
    He was much less 'wise' during the events of Warcraft 2 than in the events of 'Tides of Darkness' where he was fine with beating the humans

I like him cause he's so badass it'll require a full LFR group to beat him, omg so awesome! I mean common, LFR, so hardcore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh could have been so much more than Blizzard made him.

He could have been our second Doomhammer. A good ~Warchief who wasn't afraid to smash faces when there was need but no.
    Doomhammer failed too.. twice infact, both when he and his forces fell after turalyon beat him, and then years later by being stabbed in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh is his own worst enemy. And all his fanboys are the same.

Why do you like Garrosh? Because he's brutal? Because he's savage? Because he speaks shit to people? Because he respects no one but himself? Because the things he does involves dirty tactics and brutality to get it done, nevermind who dies in the process?

Yeah, you all got great morality when it comes to character with this one. And you wonder how he became the bad guy... seriously, whats wrong with you people.. All the things you liked him for, and you thought this WOULDN'T lead to him being a bad guy?

apparently none of you learned from Arthas's story.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Doomhammer failed too.. twice infact, both when he and his forces fell after turalyon beat him, and then years later by being stabbed in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh is his own worst enemy. And all his fanboys are the same.

Why do you like Garrosh? Because he's brutal? Because he's savage? Because he speaks shit to people? Because he respects no one but himself? Because the things he does involves dirty tactics and brutality to get it done, nevermind who dies in the process?

Yeah, you all got great morality when it comes to character with this one. And you wonder how he became the bad guy... seriously, whats wrong with you people..
    The second time was Gul'Dan's fault, it has to be said.

I liked Garrosh because he stood up for the Orcs. He didn't fanny about with the night elves for food or lumber. He just took it for his people's survival.

Yeah, Blizzard made him a baddie with the whole sha and old god heart thingy in Pandaria but he still does what he does for the Orcs and so he can clearly take the high ground from Illidan, Gul'Dan, Arthas and loads of other guys.

He's buggered. That's for sure but I have faith that the next warchief won't so so ignorant of the orc's need for food and resources after 5.4

10+ Year Old Account

I liked Garrosh because he stood up for the Orcs. He didn't fanny about with the night elves for food or lumber. He just took it for his people's survival.
    And there in is the problem.

Orcs have, time and again, shown how all it takes is the wrong kind of leader telling them what to do, to royally fuck up there society. The only time they orcs have shown an air of being at one with something, is when they had no warchief and were seperate clans, or when they had a warchief they just told them to stop and behave.

There like children, orcs don't need a leader who tells them to 'go, kill things, fuck around other peoples lives', because every single time they do.. the fail, they die, they lose.

Why hasn't this lesson gotten though to people yet, giving orcs a leader that acts on the worse qualities of the orcs will always lead to the same outcome, defeat.
    #boycottchina

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ending of the Stonetalon quest chain.

Also,

GET
    OFF
    MY
    SHIP! (SHIEEEEEEEP!)
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Ending of the Stonetalon quest chain.

Also,

GET
    OFF
    MY
    SHIP! (SHIEEEEEEEP!)
    Yeah, Get off my ship is actually quite cool, thanks for reminding me of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Yeah, Get of
    f my ship is actually quite cool, thanks for reminding me of it
    And then his ship crashed and burned right after he said it
    #boycottchina

So you know how I know Garrosh is pure evil. Blizzard made it very easy to spot.

Garrosh is a villain.. because he has Jaundice.

And has its well known, some of the biggest villians in movies and tv series, all suffer from Jaundice.

All yellow eyed characters are either doomed to become bad guys, or in denial about it.
    all goblins have yellow eyes. and the great lord jaraxxus has green eyes, not yellow!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Is that the best you can do ? "Crimson fist" is 100 times worse.
    archimonde doesn't have a spell named crimson fist
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was much less 'wise' during the events of Warcraft 2 than in the events of 'Tides of Darkness' where he was fine with beating the humans
    "Wise" doesn't mean being peaceful or unwilling to slaugther people. That just means being able to make some smart choices that could work in the long-term. Doesn't mean that these choices couldn't be dark or even evil.

Despite how the Second War ended, Doomhammer showed to be able to make this kind of choices; Grommash not, he has ever been brash, reckless and gullible. Grom has been the first orc to drink the blood of Mannoroth, blindly beliving all the bullshit that Gul'dan dragged out; Doomhammer cheated Blackhand (not a hard thing since Blackhand was a retard, but alas) by inventing a smart excuse for not drinking it. That's the difference.

The only mistake that Doomhammer commited was trusting Gul'dan out of necessity. But he had little choices in the end if he wanted to have any chance of victory against the Alliance of Lordaeron. Pretty a lose-lose situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    all goblins have yellow eyes. and the great lord jaraxxus has green eyes, not yellow!

- - - Updated - - -

archimonde doesn't have a spell named crimson fist
    That's what makes him a pussy.

Can we all just agree that wearing those massive bonetusk pauldrons of his is going to be sexy?

I actually loved Garrosh, and was very happy when he became leader of the Horde.

I was hoping that they would have taken the game into a different direction.

In a direction that had the Horde become bad guys with select individuals leaving the horde to do their own thing.

Having an expansion based on invasions of certain major cities would be awesome. Alliance raids Org and Horde could have raided SW. Equalivant stat items could drop just from different raids/ bosses.

I liked a darker Horde... This whole two sides from different points of view... (both good guys) is dull and been like this since vanilla pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Can we all just agree that wearing those massive bonetusk pauldrons of his is going to be sexy?
    They're far to plane for my liking actually.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    How can you appreciate a guy who systematically destroyed the horde as it was, who killed one leader and tried to kill another, who spits in the faces of every non-orc out there, and even goes as far to say in the 5.4 trailer all other races are not part of his horde.

If you appreciate him for being an asshole, thats fine, by all means do so, maybe theres people who likes assholes and so find that connection to garrosh, like twilight fans find a connection to soulless deadpans like bella. But people really need to stop deluding themselves that he's something he isn't.
    how can you not?
    he brought a decent story in to a game who's storytelling have become so linear and stellar. You don't have to think he's doing the right things to like the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    how can you not?
    he brought a decent story in to a game who's storytelling have become so linear and stellar. You don't have to think he's doing the right things to like the character.
    but see, heres the thing. Garrosh was kind of like a cancerous lump, that infected all of the orcs under his rule, both with denial to the damage he was doing, and how it grow to a dangerous size.
    Garrosh, the lump, was removed, but the orcs were left shattered and weakened by what he did to there society that was just butchered by the alliance and rebellion (so much so the orcs are so weak now they have a .. troll as warchief).

Again, tell me where any good came from Garrosh? None, no good came from him, countless orcs are dead now, and its race within the horde is now facing an uncertain future.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Garrosh is amazing because he is nicolas cage of azeroth.

Look, they are basically same person.