Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Occult View Post
    Is it just me or is Potion master absolutely useless. Healing potions sell for nothing on most servers. Why would anyone choose it over flask/transmute?
    The main reason to be a potion master is if you are making raiding potions for yourself and/or your guild, and you don't mind not having another xmute master (assuming you have at least 3 alchemists).

Have you heard anything called prepot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    However, where transmute falls short is you only get 1 shot a day at making it count.
    False. Transmute gems.

Potions burns through so often, every pull i need 2 potion, pre pot + one use later in fight.

Thats why i changed my chemist to potion master from xmute master. Whatever herb i can find, i send it to his way and i get my batch of potions.

I dont intend to sell any of potion/flask though, its all to feed my own toon So, from that PoV its huge success.

What Daed said.... the trillium Xmute, the double dipping gem Xmute (Orange/Green/Purple and then Primal Diamond)
    Xmute master is the best one of the three however i would highly recommend having all three and then when have the best of both worlds.
    Oh and Hai Daed!

I like making potions. It was more interesting back before everyone could get living action potion, but many of the rarest and most powerful tricks are potions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I believe the game gets more and more casualized so only very few people do that. The few hardcore Raiders who do propably are independent in terms of potions so don't count on making profit from them.

Blizzard should also do something about potions and Flasks scaling because for Example on Launch Potions are stronger than the best Trinkets and used by very many people, but as the Expansion advances the Potion Effects become negligable.
    Hmmm I wouldn't call it negligible, but it does kinda make sense that they get weaker as time goes on. Your character starts form the bottom and becomes powerful - it's not a shocker that things that were beneficial before have less of an effect later.

I want them to balance damned professions firstly. JC was weak all expansion, getting half the stats of something like Blacksmithing. I mean fine, don't give such customization to all, lock some into certain stats... but for them to all give different amount of stats is silly. JC became awful in Cata due to epic gems, but throughout MOP it's been bad from the go.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is Potion master absolutely useless. Healing potions sell for nothing on most servers. Why would anyone choose it over flask/transmute?
    Gold. And you use more pots than you do everything else.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Flasks sell for less than Lucky Pots on my server, in fact, a lot of time less than the price of a Golden Lotus, it's slightly ridiculous, thus pot procs on lucky's are awesome.

Also, 60-70g on weekdays for str, agi and int pot stacks.

Herbs are everywhere.

Also you proc generally on every 5th pot, usually earlier, it's a much higher rate than the chance you will get at extra bar because you can only do that once.

It's harder to sell pots than transmutes, for example my pots will ONLY sell during prime time in a 2 hour window generally, lucky pots sell 24 hours a day though.

Gem prices aren't good enough for gem transmutes by any stretch, so I just use my JC purely for prospect and cut and don't bother transmuting gems, in fact, with the current price of gems, its not going to be profitable to purchase ore from AH to prospect, only through gathering, which kind of sucks, good thing I've got another alt with mining on, this is the case for around 75% of the gems, some still sell for 60-100+g, +/+ gems, + gems are seriously cheap here, blue gems are completly worthless, talking 1-3g for a stam, spirit or hit gem.

My server is "full", and also more famous for PvP, so if I was back on Silvermoon instead as a huge PvE server, they would sell far better I'm sure, only a few serious PvE guilds on Outland.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-11-10 at 05:07 AM.

Had my first +4 proc in a long time the other week. Potion master is great for consumables but that's about it.

And IDK why luck potions sell so well, I can sell on frostmourne for 80-100g a pot :O
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    And IDK why luck potions sell so well, I can sell on frostmourne for 80-100g a pot :O
    The extra treasure that drops can be like 40g pure gold a mob plus ore and such, that's the highest I've seen, so whilst having a 15 min buff (I'm remembering the Golden Lotus harvest buff here, which is the same, so I can't remember if the pot version is longer), AoE'ing mobs down, it adds up to ALOT of gold in the time it takes relative to farming mobs

I'm praising it, and I don't even do it myself unless its from golden lotus haha, I should really try a luck farm session tomorrow.

Its more or so if you are a raider, some of the potions raiders use can be expensive to make especially potion of mogu power and we go through them like water.

I have 1 of each alchemy master spread around my alts. Potion master isn't particularly great as a gold maker but I like it for personal convenience. Saves me having to find someone else to make my raid pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Because it is not about the Healing Potions but more about
    Virmen's Bite
    Potion of Mogu Power and
    Potion of the Jade Serpent.

Which every raider should use.
    Twice per encounter, 12 bosses in a raid equals 24 pots if there are no wipes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes its useless as you get tons of herbs for free to make them with the farm....
    Doesn't matter. The herbs from the farm are like any other herb you can buy from AH. They have the same value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    Twice per encounter, 12 bosses in a raid equals 24 pots if there are no wipes.....
    Depending on raid size. if no wipes 24 x 10= 240 pots for one raid. Making them is almost free too. U also can make potions of luck which at least on my realm sell very good. Flask prices are dropping all the time and most of the flasks cost now the same as golden lotus. Some even less

Potions aren't as good as they were before, and they continue to get worse as gear gets better. However, most raiding guilds that are somewhat serious do tend to use potions religiously. Depending on how serious they are, some guilds may even pre-pot, normal pot, then pot again if someone died and was ressed. That's anywhere from 1-2 potions per attempt per person. Flasks on the other hand, persists through death, and with the overlapping duration not being "wasted" anymore, are consumed much much less than potions. Like Sarcon mentioned though, the money making component of transmute mastery is Trillium, not Living Steel. Kind of have to look at your server and decide which one is better. Low raiding pop = transmute better, and vice versa.

I tend to be pot master at the start of an expac and migrate to xmute master in the second raiding tier. There's way fewer bots around early in an expac and early in an expac, the transmutable items have really insanely high mat costs and have high risk of being undercut severely. Pots are more stable early on.

Any comptenten player PRE-pots and then pops a potion a second time during every boss fight. That is two potions per pull. Lets say they wipe 3 times. that is 6 potions each times 10 or 25 players for one boss. so 60 or 150 potions for just that boss fight depending on how many player format they are raiding. Lets say that the group we are speaking about wipes 3 times per boss while learning the fights their initial time through the 14 bosses that are current content. This is much lower than the average guild would wipe and still not complete all 14 bosses. So that is 840-2100 potions for one 14 boss lockout.

Potions should be making you more gold over time than flasks which you can pop one and forget about it regardless of the number of wipes you create.

Your problem with selling potions is in that you are expecting to make bank on a low number when your money is in bulk.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

yeah great for raiders