10+ Year Old Account

LoL and firewalls

hu

i post this here as my firewall finally ended my lol pleasure and i somehow cannot login into the official forums.

following problems:

since a few patches ago i always had problems with my firewall while playing lol. it was the ONLY game or program that ever fucked up with firewalls.
    until a few days ago i had the zonealarm firewall but i deleted it because it wanted to install a search/toolbar on update.
    whenever i wanted to play lol i had to disable the firewall or the game would not launch (i could create a game btw, the firewall blocked at the loading screen after you choose the champions). no errors or popups.

normaly, with all other games, there is a popup from my firewall after each patch and then it runs normaly again. lol is the ONLY exception.

now i have the comodo free firewall. and lol doesn't start at all. i approved all lol folders/data/exes etc, read several forums and answers (some on the official forums) and nothing works.

the firewall has a gaming mode. it doesn't work
    even exiting the whole program doesn't work.

it allways ends at the following task:

*\League of Legends\League of Legends\RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe

flags: acess memory

target: *\COMODO Internet Security\cistray.exe

i set this one in the acepted list and it doesn't work.

no popups or anything. and lol is still the ONLY thing that doesn't do shit. everything else works.

i searched for hours now. has anyone a solution for this before i delete the firewall again and dl another one?

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue. Can just point you towards the one I'm using: PC Tools Firewall Plus.

Like Duilliath, I have no idea what the problem might be.

Have you tried running the LoL repair tool?

I'm currently looking for a new security suite (which includes a new firewall), and I've been running a few different trial versions in order to find one I like.

The firewalls from Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and Webroot SecureAnywhere have worked flawlessly with LoL. So you might want to give one of them a try, even though they're not freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the answers.

repair didn't work (well i did work but nothing was found).

i think i set this issue on the list to be looked at when my pc is overhauled next week.

if someone knows a solution though i would still like to hear it for future problems (and because it's the weekend ...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    hu

i post this here as my firewall finally ended my lol pleasure and i somehow cannot login into the official forums.

following problems:

since a few patches ago i always had problems with my firewall while playing lol. it was the ONLY game or program that ever fucked up with firewalls.
    until a few days ago i had the zonealarm firewall but i deleted it because it wanted to install a search/toolbar on update.
    whenever i wanted to play lol i had to disable the firewall or the game would not launch (i could create a game btw, the firewall blocked at the loading screen after you choose the champions). no errors or popups.

normaly, with all other games, there is a popup from my firewall after each patch and then it runs normaly again. lol is the ONLY exception.

now i have the comodo free firewall. and lol doesn't start at all. i approved all lol folders/data/exes etc, read several forums and answers (some on the official forums) and nothing works.

the firewall has a gaming mode. it doesn't work
    even exiting the whole program doesn't work.

it allways ends at the following task:

*\League of Legends\League of Legends\RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe

flags: acess memory

target: *\COMODO Internet Security\cistray.exe

i set this one in the acepted list and it doesn't work.

no popups or anything. and lol is still the ONLY thing that doesn't do shit. everything else works.

i searched for hours now. has anyone a solution for this before i delete the firewall again and dl another one?
    Set all the lol.exe's to trusted, and then put the firewall on training mode along with having OPEN'D the client it self as of current you have to open it your self, else it just runs in the background

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by battle View Post
    Set all the lol.exe's to trusted, and then put the firewall on training mode along with having OPEN'D the client it self as of current you have to open it your self, else it just runs in the background
    all are set to trusted files and allowed applications. training mode and open client doesn't work either.

if i run standard lol shortcut it blocks when the lol symbol apears (before the patching window). klicking on it opens error massage "pvp.net patcher kernel doesn't react".

if i run lolclient it directly jumps to the login screen but it shows the error "could not connect to meastro".

i have no idea why lol is so complicated in that manner. all other games have one or two exes in the trusted list. lol has more than ten ...

meh i wait til wednesday for the pc repair ... i don't want to deal with such shit anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make sure, it's PC, not Mac, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    it is a pc yes.

i like to hear what the problem was when i get my pc back next week. i am pretty sure it is a problem on lols side as it fails with several firewalls. but i don't know enough about the interconnections to make an educated guess.

now i just wait.