Valor in the start of the new patch and flex?

Hi.
    I was just wondering if there was any use to saving my valor points now before the patch hit so I can buy some new gear from that or should I just spend them now?
    I guess they keep the valor gear reputation based or something?

Also what is Flex raiding? I tried googling but I hate reading really long walls of text
    I'd be grateful if anyone could explain it to me in a "short" text =)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    don't spend them on 522 gear because the shado pan assault gear costs are being cut drastically in 5.4. Other than that there isn't any use for valor in 5.4 outside of item upgrades.

As far as flex raids.. Basically it's just a difficulty between lfr and normal where the difficulty increases based on how many people you have. you can have between 10 and 25 people.
    Last edited by Ijoemomma; 2013-09-04 at 06:03 PM.

Ah okai thanks for that.

So is flex something that you can queue up for or do you need to have a guild grp/pug from ur server?

Quote Originally Posted by Fjelltispe View Post
    Ah okai thanks for that.

So is flex something that you can queue up for or do you need to have a guild grp/pug from ur server?
    You'll have to find a group basically (so pug / guild group). No queueing is available for it.

Ah okai thanks for that.

and it shares a separate lock out from normal if I remember correctly.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Ah i see =)
    And do you have to be above 10 players to form a flex group and below 25 players?
    Or can you go with like 5players etc?

Ah i see =)
    And do you have to be above 10 players to form a flex group and below 25 players?
    He already told you it's between 10-25 people...

Ah i see =)
    From what I've read you can go with fewer players but the scaling system stops at 10. So not the best idea lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    From what I've read you can go with fewer players but the scaling system stops at 10. So not the best idea lol
    I suspect you'll be able to 5-6 man it by the end of the tier if you can really enter with fewer players.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I suspect you'll be able to 5-6 man it by the end of the tier if you can really enter with fewer players.
    I'm under the impression that you cannot enter it without at least 8 players. I'm also under the impression that it gets easier with the more players you bring (whether or not that's intended).

OP: Save your valor for any 522 items that you still want to buy and also for item upgrades. You can get 535 epics from the new island (I'm not going to explain how, there are plenty of Timeless Isle guides out there already) and use your valor to upgrade them.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Dont have source on my hands, but I recall a blue stating (a while a go) that to even get into Flex Queue (a full group Queue like a Heroic Scenario type), you will need 10, maybe they changed it when people said 8 should be doable, which I agree.

Also, Flex has no lockout system per say, so like LFR, you can kill a boss an infinite number of time per week, but the loot (working just like in LFR) will not be presented to you after the first kill of the week. A good thing to note though, is that Warforged Seals (Charms of Good fortunes for 5.4) will be available to use multiple times a week. So if you really need that cooldown reduction trinket, or that 4th piece, you can go in Flex and kill the same boss over and over until you get your item or run out of Warforged Seals.

Finally, Flex can be done with groups composed out of players from different realms, like LFR and unlike normal/heroic on current content.

and it shares a separate lock out from normal if I remember correctly.
    Nope, it's independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Dont have source on my hands, but I recall a blue stating (a while a go) that to even get into Flex Queue (a full group Queue like a Heroic Scenario type), you will need 10, maybe they changed it when people said 8 should be doable, which I agree.

Also, Flex has no lockout system per say, so like LFR, you can kill a boss an infinite number of time per week, but the loot (working just like in LFR) will not be presented to you after the first kill of the week. A good thing to note though, is that Warforged Seals (Charms of Good fortunes for 5.4) will be available to use multiple times a week. So if you really need that cooldown reduction trinket, or that 4th piece, you can go in Flex and kill the same boss over and over until you get your item or run out of Warforged Seals.

Finally, Flex can be done with groups composed out of players from different realms, like LFR and unlike normal/heroic on current content.
    Flex won't have the cross realm capability until a bit later in the patch, they mentioned that weeks ago just as server's won't be connected on patch day itself.

Not sure why players would choose this option as loot is player based or should I say bags of gold lol

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Flex won't have the cross realm capability until a bit later in the patch, they mentioned that weeks ago just as server's won't be connected on patch day itself.
    That's in regards to connected realms (aka virtual realms) NOT cross realm flex mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    now you got to be kidding me. Blizz loves to fuck up with people without raiding guilds. I really hate that. Like they are trying to force a reality of 2005 on us. There's nothing wrong with blurring the lines between server restrictions. They have the tech yet they are afraid to fully take the benefit that it can bring the MMO meaning to a whole new level.

I don't really understand the motive otherwise, as there's already a gating on Flex (1 week break, then 2 weeks breaks in between each wings..) So what are they trying to fight here?
    Read above, posted same time as you.

It's intended to be BETWEEN 10 and 25 PLAYERS. It can BE 10 or 25 just like Normal\Heroic but 10 is the target minimum. Just to avoid confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Read above, posted same time as you.
    You people have the same complaints every release, you always come in late and don't read the PTR news updates, then you moan about the changes instead of keeping up.

They aren't fucking with raiding guilds, Normal have first crack at the wings, since you must complete normal before heroic, normal goes first. Flex is a scaled version of normal (between LFR and Normal). I don't know where people get that the scale stops at 10, that's incorrect. If you have 24 people it will scale with 24 normalized people, assuming the iLVL is around 528 or 559.. somewhere in between. Lets say it averages 535 iLVL. So 24 people with assumed iLVL 535 is what the instance will scale for per BOSS. (just using iLVLs as an example).

LFR comes later because it's not fair that "casual" players get to see content and get gear at the same time as focused raid guilds. Then Blizzard figures that normal will take 2 to 3 weeks to clear, Flex about the same time and LFR will introduce wings later. It was the same IDENTICAL RAID schedule in 5.3, did you forget that as well? It worked out rather well.

IT doesn't make sense to scale it to 10 and add 14 people that would make Flex easier than LFR at that point. LFR targets people around the 496 iLVL which is why LFR has a minimum iLVL requirement, it doesn't mean it's easy because people don't always do their DPS level and others pull their weight.

Flex will scale with each person at a slightly higher level than LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by rjparker View Post
    It's intended to be BETWEEN 10 and 25 PLAYERS. It can BE 10 or 25 just like Normal\Heroic but 10 is the target minimum. Just to avoid confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

You people have the same complaints every release, you always come in late and don't read the PTR news updates, then you moan about the changes instead of keeping up.

They aren't fucking with raiding guilds, Normal have first crack at the wings, since you must complete normal before heroic, normal goes first. Flex is a scaled version of normal (between LFR and Normal). I don't know where people get that the scale stops at 10, that's incorrect. If you have 24 people it will scale with 24 normalized people, assuming the iLVL is around 528 or 559.. somewhere in between. Lets say it averages 535 iLVL. So 24 people with assumed iLVL 535 is what the instance will scale for per BOSS. (just using iLVLs as an example).

LFR comes later because it's not fair that "casual" players get to see content and get gear at the same time as focused raid guilds. Then Blizzard figures that normal will take 2 to 3 weeks to clear, Flex about the same time and LFR will introduce wings later. It was the same IDENTICAL RAID schedule in 5.3, did you forget that as well? It worked out rather well.

IT doesn't make sense to scale it to 10 and add 14 people that would make Flex easier than LFR at that point. LFR targets people around the 496 iLVL which is why LFR has a minimum iLVL requirement, it doesn't mean it's easy because people don't always do their DPS level and others pull their weight.

Flex will scale with each person at a slightly higher level than LFR.
    Not sure what your post has to do with this topic and why I was included in this "you people"? The post you quoted was in regards to what looks like a now deleted post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker View Post
    I don't know where people get that the scale stops at 10, that's incorrect.
    Think you might have misunderstood what was posted earlier in this thread:

This was in response to someone asking about going in with fewer than 10 people, stating that while it may be possible to enter with less than 10, the scaling would still be based on 10 players. Or: the scaling system will not go lower than 10 :-)