Alright I've been thinking. Years ago, I used to play a Free MMO called Perfect World. From this game, I liked a feature that I haven't seen before in a MMO (at least as a whole). It was called "Public Quest" and I think it would be a good addition to wow, due to game's rich playerbase. What was that? Mostly like the Wow's scenario's with some key differences:
- There is an Island. On this island there are many normal Monsters, many Elite-Hard Monsters, and a Boss. Players went there and took a quest abput killing these monsters. 200 Normals, 50 Elites and 2 Bosses. The quest's objectives however a shared among the people who were on the island and took the quest too. For instance, if someone kills a monster, the objective count increases for everyone that has the quest even if they are not in the same group. Any player would join the quest and start from where the others left before he joined. The Objectives are linear, first kill 200 normals and the start killing the elites and so on. So everyone who gets the quest start fighting for a common goal.
- During the fight, you have access to the rounds Leaderboard. The Leaderboard has the names of everyone who has the quest. Next to the names, are displayed a number that represents your contributions to the fight. If you have more contributions than someone else, you will be placed above him in the Leaderboard. The one that has the most contributions, is placed on the top. The leaderboards are updated to the new contibution data periodically during the fight.
- What can increase your contribution? If you are a DPS, your total damage you have done so far. If you are a healer, the total healing you did so far. So if you do good damage during the fight, you will be placed high. The contributions are not an average of you total damage. They accumulate. This means that if you are first in the leaderboard cause you did the most damage among the others and you stop for a while, the others might surpass you cause they continue fighting droping you to the second place or worse. If you stay out of fight for more, you may have hard time to get back on top.
- Why would someone want to be first on the Leaderboard? Rewards. When the round is over and the quest objectives are completed, the players go back to then npc where they took the quest to give it in. Depending on your amount of contribution, you are rewarded with XP and gold. If you had huge contributions you will get huge XP and gold. If in the whole fight you just hit a monster, you will get nearly nothing. But there's more. If you are among the top 4 (or 5, I don't remember) you are rewarded with even more XP and gold according to your place.
- After the round is over, there is a 1 minute wait until the next round begins. The contributions are reset and you can take the quest again.
- Is like WoW Scenarios, but Open World where anyone can join and there is no limit. Shared Objectives among the players that join.
- During the fight, you are placed in a Leaderboard (which you can access), and take place depending on your total Damage/Healing you do.
- By the end of the Quest, you get rewards(Xp,Gold, etc) depending on your total Damage/Healing you did and your place in the Leaderboard.
- The quest is repetable.
- You can join anytime, and have the same Objectives with the people who started in the beginning. However you will have presure yourself to climb the Leaderboard since others have Accumulated Total DMG/Healing before you.
What matters is your place in the Leaderboard. In essence, is a DPS race where being the best is actually rew.
So guys, what do you think of that? Would you join such event if they added it?