Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't know. There's so many conflicting theories on this. For instance, the WC III manual states 5 were CHAINED beneath the earth. If you take that into account, then Y'shaarj can't really count, unless they decided to give him the axe after they imprisoned him. C'thun was believed to be dead - I don't know if he was actually imprisoned or just left, thinking he was a corpse and all.

Others say there are "The Three". Three that have begun working together to shatter those bonds. Were that the case, then we know of them all in Yogg, C'thun, and N'zoth.

If there's just 5 in general that ruled over Azeroth with an iron fist when the titans came (or the other way around, I always get that backwards) then yeah, there's one missing.

I prefer the theory that there are 5 chained - that Y'shaarj doesn't count. C'thun too, maybe. So you have C'thun in the south of Kalimdor, who I personally would say counteracted Nozdormu, given that it was the bronze flight and the Qiraji fighting it out. Then you have Yogg-Saron in Northrend. As for his aspect...I would (assume) it to be Malygos, given their general areas. Then there's N'Zoth in the center. N'zoth seems to be simple enough in that Ysera is his counterpart.

But that leaves two others if you go off that theory. And given that N'zoth has been trumped up again and again, first that the titans couldn't defeat him, then he's the one behind the Nightmare, he's behind Deathwing's corruption, AND he created the Naga, AND he's sitting right below the biggest power supply on the planet in the shattered well of eternity, and well, it seems that there are only three Old Gods. It's hard to imagine them creating something worse than N'zoth when there's an inevitable return of the demons.

So...who knows? All we can do is speculate. There are also mass tentacles in the Ashenvale / Stonetalon Mountains area. I don't think C'thun reaches that far. It's...interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverwhere View Post
    So...who knows? All we can do is speculate. There are also mass tentacles in the Ashenvale / Stonetalon Mountains area. I don't think C'thun reaches that far. It's...interesting.
    Considering the Maws like Iso'rath in Twilight Highlands or the three Maws in Dragon Soul are only "minions", I wouldn't be suprised if these tentacles also just spawned from a minion who just isn't visible at the open world and hides way below the earth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Maybe this is the strange thing under Undercity !
    There is nothing under undercity atm. Blizzard keeps it as a possible future thing though. Just like caverns of time werent used untill TBC (the caverns were allrdy there)