Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    quick question about roro.. If I have temp bufs that increase my crit (like agi procs from other trinkiet/synapse springs) -can it screw my proc from mastery to crit during the fight?
    Or does it only use the "base" stats from gear to determine what to proc?

Also - RoRo + Rentaki or JuJu or VPtrink?
    It only uses crit rating, so agility is safe. Crit rating elixir changes the procc, i'm not sure how a trinket with crit rating proccs/use would effect it. But i think it updates dynamically, if a trinket proccs 7k crit rating you switch from mastery->crit procc (given that the elixirs work, i doubt it makes a difference on passive and active ratings).

I would use RoRO with Juju for progress, passive mastery/crit is nice and the agi proc is good. Bad juju should work fine after the rppm changes too, 0.55 to 1.1 (typo in the table most likely). Not sure about renataki, never was a real fan of exp on trinkets locking trinket swaps. And the scaling buff isn't very nice either, annoying to keep track of even if the average stats from it is high.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Posts-TCG-Art

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    It only uses crit rating, so agility is safe.
    Aah cool, thanks.

I would use RoRO with Juju for progress, [...] Not sure about renataki, never was a real fan of exp on trinkets locking trinket swaps.
    For me it's not a big deal which one for swaps - since i'll have both reforged as mastery/exp most likely to meet the ( mastery+1 == crit ) and hard exp cap. It's just which proc is better..

And the scaling buff isn't very nice either, annoying to keep track of even if the average stats from it is high.
    Ye, thtat's what I'm concerned too.. Well looks like juju (I aways prefered that one) then
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2013-09-10 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Going into the new tier with RoRo mastery +1, with stamina trinket/flask/food and 549/543 helms with tank/dps meta I have enough options to modify my gear. Helms also shift the RoRo procc from mastery/crit. Will get both cloaks too.

Probably going with tank meta/cloak/mastery procc for first pulls though, until i get a picture of how our raid handles the bosses.
    This is the smart choice and I will be doing the same thing when I switch back to BrM for this tier. Tuning is not Blizzard's forte so it is wise to err on safe side and then slowly work back to a more crit centered, dps build as needed.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only uses crit rating, so agility is safe. Crit rating elixir changes the procc, i'm not sure how a trinket with crit rating proccs/use would effect it.
    Trinket proc's will much up your RoRo if your riding the +1 line. So Talisman of Bloodlust, Lifeblood, Windsong, etc all factor in when the trinket proc's so you'll want to run with +agil proc'ing trinkets. I believe it takes a snapshot so you could use something like Lifeblood after RoRo proc's but obviously can't plan when trinket/windsong would show up.

As mentioned I'm using the Mastery+1 build with tank meta/cloak and will pull in the DPS versions as it seems fitting. I think just swapping in/out the DPS cloak with proper reforging should maintain a desired RoRo proc. Current setup crit and mastery are like within 25 points of each other.

I haven't decided on stam flask/LW enchants probably will start with those as I wont have the leg cloak before raid tonight anyways so will probably just start with all out survival choices.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

So to sum it up: if I want to ignore 4pc T15 because it'll be replaced soon anyway:
    I'll need ~6.5k Haste, then go Mastery heavy (how heavy, exactly?) and ignore Crit like we used to ignore Mastery before? Or go like 60:40 mastery/crit ?

Currently I have tank meta/cloak, close to 49% crit, 4.5k haste, 4pc T15, and heroic Renataki and non-heroic RoO as trinkets. Still wondering how to reforge. Our first 5.4 raid is in 24 hours.

you just pick something and adjust as needed. any of the things you said sound good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Currently I have tank meta/cloak, close to 49% crit, 4.5k haste, 4pc T15, and heroic Renataki and non-heroic RoO as trinkets. Still wondering how to reforge. Our first 5.4 raid is in 24 hours.
    Depends on your guild, yourself and your healers (and the content). As i mentioned above i'm going with mastery+1 proccs on RoRo with no stamina enchants or gems, but stamina flask/food, possibly trinket of shit gets scary. With the swap of one item i can bring back the meta+crit procc on RoRo (or just reforge and keep meta, options are endless).

I would rather go in with too heavy defense and realise the damage taken is a walk in the park and hit an enrage->swap some gear and kill it. Than start dying to stray damage, which i can't really tell if it's healers, mechanics, me or my choice of gear. Surviving to assess the fights > deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Hit>Expertise>Haste(4455)>Mastery(10623)>Crit(10597)
    That is what I ended up with I don't see going a full mastery needed right now unless we plow into heroics really quick. ~6.5k haste once I shed the T15 4pc which should generate roughly the same extra Chi that the proc accounts for (1 proc per 51 seconds).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Hit>Expertise>Haste(4455)>Mastery(10623)>Crit(10597)
    That is what I ended up with I don't see going a full mastery needed right now unless we plow into heroics really quick. ~6.5k haste once I shed the T15 4pc which should generate roughly the same extra Chi that the proc accounts for (1 proc per 51 seconds).
    Yeah, I think that makes the most sense. I now have slightly more mastery than crit (so RoO will proc mastery) and I'll keep Haste at 4.5k until I replace 4T15.
    I also use two stamina enchants (+750 wrist, +300 chest) and stamina flasks/food. It's a 10m raid.
    If damage is still too high, I'll replace more crit with mastery. But I don't think this should happen.

If there's anything to not do, it's using stamina enchants.

Also, yeah, i need to get on making brm simcraft do something useful.

What are you guys using to help with reforging and gemming?

Reforgelite if you want to go full on one stat, AMR for more reasonable balances

Yes but AMR is not taking into account my cloak, else I would already be using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use AMR but since the update last night there are two issues you'll need to let them fix.
    1) Leg cloak's are having issues partially due to them not showing up on battle.net armory profiles. Also make sure your leg progress in options is set up to the cloak.
    2) RoRo balancing for BrM seems broken as of today but YellowFive already looking at that. My "perfect" reforge from last night is now suggesting many odd changes.

Also apparently you can adjust which Leg meta it suggest by tweaking AP stat weight up (dps) or down (tank).
    [/URL]

I've generally found that gemming all mastery and reforging all crit usually gets me really close to balanced, then i find 1-2 things to tweak.

Our Damage is quite a few leagues higher than any tank this tier.. I have a very good paladin co-tank, and we have a very good fury warr offspec tank. Though they tanked the other mixed alt/main run, they were at 150k ish. I dont think i finished a single fight with under 180k dps. My logs kinda screwed up so i have only 5 bosses, here are the numbers i got.

Protectors - 220k
    Norushen - 187k
    Galakras - 196k
    Juggernaut - 227k
    Dark Shamans - 392k

Its unfortunate the ones that decided to log properly are the weird gimmicky/ spaced out ones. I remember doing 240k on Paragons and 270k on Siegecrafter. Thats all i got for now, dont have idetic memory so

From most of these fights, the meta gem is very useless. It amounts to about 3% of my damage. For heroics, I think i will be blanketing with the tank LMG. Flurry of Xuen however, is very powerful both on single target and AoE. For AoE fights, its a no brainer, its survivability assurance goes down and its DPS goes up. For ST fights its more debateable, but i still like to keep it like this.

The onl;y thing i can see needing the tank Cloak for is smth like blackfuse if you fuck up your CDs on electro shock, but with DM Guard Avert Harm and Expel harm, yoou should largely be fine. (ZM too i guess). I can take upwards of 9 stacks of the debuff, but from how the fight works, we have to switch at about 3-4 stacks anyway so.. Tank cloak will only help you if youo completely fuck it up. Other places where it might help are things like Paragons' Korven, and thats if you dont handle him properly. Hes sort of supposed to kill you if you stand in his face while stunned and hes doing his bleed so yea... I dont know.. tank cloak looks like a fall back for very very obvious fuck ups. The opportunity cost is quite big compared to the OC of the LMGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post

Our Damage is quite a few leagues higher than any tank this tier.. I have a very good paladin co-tank, and we have a very good fury warr offspec tank. Though they tanked the other mixed alt/main run, they were at 150k ish. I dont think i finished a single fight with under 180k dps. My logs kinda screwed up so i have only 5 bosses, here are the numbers i got.
    Prot warrior damage is amazing now (in no way implying ours isn't also good) especially compared to where it has been. As someone who has collected a lot of brm top 10 parses while we were progressing last tier, and a few top parses across all specs, the prot warrior I'm tanking with is doing nearly as much damage most fights, and more once in a while.

I went into SoO the first 2 nights with my full crit build (4k~ haste and rest crit) and it felt..weird? I guess, I suppose just a little bit harder hitting bosses. I forged into 6.5k haste and put my tank meta gem in and my damage intake seems pretty decent now. (I don't have legendary cloak, need 12 runestones still -_-) I think just upping your haste a bit works out fine, it sure did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    Prot warrior damage is amazing now (in no way implying ours isn't also good) especially compared to where it has been. As someone who has collected a lot of brm top 10 parses while we were progressing last tier, and a few top parses across all specs, the prot warrior I'm tanking with is doing nearly as much damage most fights, and more once in a while.
    I also co-tank with a Prot Warrior and for the first time since MoP released, I actually had a hard time fighting for aggro on trash packs. I couldn't believe it.

Single target fights, I was usually far and above his dps, but threat was always an issue. I'm constantly having to watch for when he rips aggro back after a swap. ( just a fyi, he has about 5 ilevels on me.)

All in all though, I'm happy to see it. Prot warriors dealt with poor dps for a long, long time.

I think whatever they did in 5.4 really made our threat generation take a dive. Changes either directly targeted at BrM, or things that affect us more than other classes. I think the biggest problem is just that with the almost 20% dmg nerf to Keg Smash + vengeance-scaling changes, we have no snap threat anymore. It feels like pre-patch DK.