Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I think whatever they did in 5.4 really made our threat generation take a dive. Changes either directly targeted at BrM, or things that affect us more than other classes. I think the biggest problem is just that with the almost 20% dmg nerf to Keg Smash + vengeance-scaling changes, we have no snap threat anymore. It feels like pre-patch DK.
    Are you kidding me? I just finished tanking 14/14 today, and I have had no issues whatsoever with threat. Are you running rjw in aoe situations? With low vengeance it still ticks for a truck ton

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I think whatever they did in 5.4 really made our threat generation take a dive. Changes either directly targeted at BrM, or things that affect us more than other classes. I think the biggest problem is just that with the almost 20% dmg nerf to Keg Smash + vengeance-scaling changes, we have no snap threat anymore. It feels like pre-patch DK.
    There is only one specific class that can currently pull off me which is an Fury/arms warrior. There were 0 threat issues other than when he would bladestorm early, even my elemental shaman couldn't rip anything off of me.

So I really have no clue where you are getting this idea from.

So...

What does a 10 man BrM monk do when they don't have RoRo? Still mastery? It stick with crit? I've got a 528 ilvl (so about 10k crit, 5k mastery/haste iirc, maybe a bit less).

Depends on how hard do you plan on progressing. If you are going slowly you may get away with crit stacking, if you are rushing heroics you will need mastery.

Crit vs mastery is nothing more that DPS vs survival with other names. If you are getting killed and it's not a playstyle fault then get some more mastery

So far for normal modes I had zero problems with survival while my dps contribution is a nice addition. If I'll start having issues on heroics I'll switch to more mastery. Although for faster progress atm I'd say crit > mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    So...

What does a 10 man BrM monk do when they don't have RoRo? Still mastery? It stick with crit? I've got a 528 ilvl (so about 10k crit, 5k mastery/haste iirc, maybe a bit less).

I'm wondering this aswell! As a farily new monk (dinged my monk in mid july, killed ra den early august ) I'm not sure either. Currently only Garrosh left for our group then jumping straight into HC's and so far I've gone pure crit like last patch, with tank cloak and dps meta (changing to tank meta when I can be arsed) I'm currently 546 ilevel.

Thinking of going like this for HC's:

1. Tank meta and cloak
    2. Hit/exp cap
    3. Haste 6000+ish (currently have 4p but it's going away soon anyway)
    4. Mastery and crit arround the same, maybe mastery a big higher.
    5. Agi flask and food

Does this look somewhat decent to you more experienced monks or what would you suggest for a 10H raider?

ARMORY

Yes, everything that people asked something like "does this look fine" the answer is always yes because unless you're stacking spirit, everything else you can be doing is perfectly viable at every level of progression. Whether it is what is best for your raid, only you and your raid can determine.

For 10 man, I'm finding high mastery unnecessary, for the most part. There are some fights where it will help, but I would go ahead and gem crit and then reforge mastery as needed. Most raids nowadays have at least one person in it with a reforge mount.

After doing the first 12 bosses I've gone from somewhat ignoring mastery to favoring it for my reforges. I still gem/reforge for crit, but in the past I'd reforge mastery to haste. Now a days I've dropped some of my haste and got some more mastery. I've also changed up the dps meta for the tank meta. While its still a random proc that has times when it won't be up at all, I've found it to have some fairly desirable results from last night while tanking harder hitting bosses like Thok and Siegecrafter (specifically when he does his mini enrage).

I still don't see the tanking cloak being terribly useful unless it can be abused as a cd for a large hit we're supposed to pop a large cd/tank swap/dodge. I by and large prefer to use the dps cloak just because more dps = more guards. Most fights are add fights to some degree anyway, which increases the value of the dps cloak (along with its much more preferable stats). Dropping haste for more mastery and switching to power strikes seems to be the way to go for me personally. I'm sure more gear will bless me with more mastery when we hopefully finish up normals next week and start working on heroics.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    So...

RoRo does not make or break your stat wieghts in terms of playing brewmaster, it is still either mastery build or crit build. Personally in a 10 man the need for full on mastery truly isn't needed.

On normal modes using tanking meta and the cloak felt excessive, it will probably be best to just use the dps one unless you find your self getting destroyed, which might be another reason in of itself.

Personally, still dislike the trinket and even though I have it you still won't catch me using it.