Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

USMC Update - I GOT IN!

Update: You may remember me from a week or so ago, asking about MEPS and that. MEPS was a long, long day, full of people being DQ'd left and right, but I took the oath in the end and swore in! So excited!

Well, grats if that's what you wanted. ^_^

BTW: on a silly note, do they know your username is "Stormtrooperz"? Just curious :P

Congratulations, I wish you the best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Is this reddit now?

Congrats now get to the gym as much as possible!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Is this reddit now?
    Go look at the funny pictures megathread and you would think it was.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Well, grats if that's what you wanted. ^_^

BTW: on a silly note, do they know your username is "Stormtrooperz"? Just curious :P
    What's the implication here; that they support a fascist autocracy, or that they can't hit the broad side of a barn?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    What's the implication here; that they support a fascist autocracy, or that they can't hit the broad side of a barn?
    Take your pick - either one wins ^_^

Some of you are really cheerful. Thanks.

More unguided youth putting their lives into something for the feeling of belonging.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    More unguided youth putting their lives into something for the feeling of belonging.

Pathetic.
    I posted this because I'm happy about it, that's all that matters to me. However, there's no reason for that sort of negativity or shameful finger wagging.

Deleted

Pathetic.
    What's pathetic is trying to put other people down on an internet forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job. Joining the military is a better option than selling your soul to the corruption that is today's educational system or being a bottom feeder and spend the rest of your life working dead end jobs.

It's too late for me to join the military and I'm not man enough to be in it. If I were 18 again, I'd probably join though.

10+ Year Old Account

Pathetic.
    Another sad, lonely man posting on the internet, with nothing but negative things to say.

Pathetic.

Congratulations Stormtrooperz. Just remember one thing as long as you stay in. "My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment."

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats, work hard and be positive in basic, it sucks the big one at first but once you get into it, its not a bad experience at all :P
    You're a towel.

I'm sorry.

Congratulations. Just keep in mind, your government regards you as a tool. A tool is useful. In certain times, a tool is important. But a broken tool is quickly discarded and forgotten about, because they can always get another tool. I don't say this to disparage the honor and calling of military service, but to caution you about taking undue risk in the line of duty. Of course, that decision will lie with you. May you serve safely and proudly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Congratulations. Just keep in mind, your government regards you as a tool. A tool is useful. In certain times, a tool is important. But a broken tool is quickly discarded and forgotten about, because they can always get another tool. I don't say this to disparage the honor and calling of military service, but to caution you about taking undue risk in the line of duty. Of course, that decision will lie with you. May you serve safely and proudly.
    You kept saying "tool"
    *sniggers*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    ^

See this guy? Don't listen to him. The Military will bend over backwards to help you with practically anything you need. If the worst happens and you get hurt, the wounded warrior project is amazing. The things I've seen them do for vets is truly outstanding. You also can get interest free loans, tuition assistance, anonymous mental health counselling along with free medical and dental, and if you decide to get out after 4 years, they pay you to college.

That being said, he's right on some accounts. Don't take undue risks. Practice ORM (you'll hear this a lot soon) and keep your head down, and listen to your senior lances and NCOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    ^

See this guy? Don't listen to him. The Military will bend over backwards to help you with practically anything you need. If the worst happens and you get hurt, the wounded warrior project is amazing. The things I've seen them do for vets is truly outstanding. You also can get interest free loans, tuition assistance, anonymous mental health counselling along with free medical and dental, and if you decide to get out after 4 years, they pay you to college.

That being said, he's right on some accounts. Don't take undue risks. Practice ORM (you'll hear this a lot soon) and keep your head down, and listen to your senior lances and NCOs.
    I get you were in the military at some point but it's changed since. One cannot count how many veterans get screwed royally and how many people are getting discharged for a minor medical issue. If anything Stormtrooperz should try to keep himself intact if he wants to stay in. They will not think twice to kick him out if he screws up.
    Hey everyone