Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So it's totally okay to discriminate because it's the USA you're dealing with. Got it.
    Controls on who can and cannot access exported information and items is common, and the US is not the only one to do it.

http://www.thelocal.se/50086/20130905/

So, anyone that thinks USA shold be able to dictate who can get in at a school/programme/firm in another country than their own? This seems to be slightly retarded. Ok, more than slightly - it's very retarded.
    You do realize that, next to the UK, Sweden is America's biggest lapdog over in Europe?

I mean honestly, you guys bend over backwards to do everything for us from comply with our trade regulations and allow us exemptions to yours to never denying us an extradition request. You can't honestly be surprised here.
    Last edited by Laize; 2013-09-06 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do they know he's a security risk?
    Because he was born in Iraq, a hostile nation at the time.

It has nothing to do with race, if he'd been Jewish and born in Iraq, same thing. If he'd been born to British parents who'd become Iraqi citizens, same thing. The issue is his citizenship of birth. It's a pretty clear security risk.

They'd do the same thing if a student was North Korean, for the same reason.

I'm blaming the US for having such regulations in the first place that are discriminatory.
    That's not what the OP says. Of course you're not beyond moving goalposts when wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because everyone from x country is hostile towards USA, paranoia?
    It's not that they're guaranteed to be hostile, it's that there's a significantly higher risk that they or their family could be, and in a high-security situation like a military aviations tech firm, you don't take those kinds of risks.

It's entirely standard practice in pretty much every single nation on the planet.

No, but they adhere to the US regulations and as such discriminate against someone based on his ethnicity.
    So because the company decides to do something based on the fact it wants to do business with the US it is the US's fault? That is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That's not what the OP says. Of course you're not beyond moving goalposts when wrong.
    ""US export regulations" dictating who can go to school in Sweden"

Yes, I'm clearly not blaming that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm blaming the US for having such regulations in the first place that are discriminatory.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a "better safe than sorry" issue. And when it come to defense matters, that thinking will always win out.

OP != Subject Title.

You're grasping so hard right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.thelocal.se/50086/20130905/

So, anyone that thinks USA shold be able to dictate who can get in at a school/programme/firm in another country than their own? This seems to be slightly retarded. Ok, more than slightly - it's very retarded.
    So, a UK-Based company is partnered with a Swedish school, and they deny entrance to an iraqi-born swede? Why the hell is the US or it's export regulations even mentioned? Am I missing something here? Why would US export law even remotely be applicable, wouldn't US IMPORT regulations be more likely?

If you keep stretching like this to find reasons to post U.S. Hate topics, you're gonna pull a muscle or something...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to not understand how security works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    OP != Subject Title.

You're grasping so hard right now.
    Not grasping at all. The title is a part of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Or trade regulations.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should blame either 1) the aircraft company or 2) the Swedish government for following another nation's rules and regulations when said rules and regulations are in absolutely no way being forced upon Sweden.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm just finding slightly hilarious given the amount of shit some people in this thread defending it have given me for being against criminal immigrants.

Suddenly it's fine, because it's trade regulations.

Not grasping at all. The title is a part of the thread.
    You're doing a great job twisting words.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just finding slightly hilarious given the amount of shit some people in this thread defending it have given me for being against criminal immigrants.
    God I love false equivalencies.

And the only "shit" in that thread was similar to this: scapegoating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I would really consider someone who has lived 13 out of 16 years of his life in Sweden more of a security threat than any other Swedish teenager. Granted, I suppose it could be argued that his parents could have some sort of negative influence on him.

10+ Year Old Account

It is dictating only who can take a class from one supplier who is using US controlled technology. Find a different supplier of the class material and there is no issue.

10+ Year Old Account

Suddenly it's fine, because it's trade regulations.
    Oh, so you're basing the whole thing on a glaring false equivalency. Got it.

Here's a tip; a voluntary placement in a private company dealing with military tech and security concerns is not comparable to immigration into a nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    I'm not sure I would really consider someone who has lived 13 out of 16 years of his life in Sweden more of a security threat than any other Swedish teenager. Granted, I suppose it could be argued that his parents could have some sort of negative influence on him.
    That's the whole problem.

Was he raised to be a sleeper agent by his parents?
    Are they being pressured by friends of the old regime who tracked them down and are threatening extended family members back in Iraq?

There's a host of possibilities, and if you're working with sensitive military tech, you don't take those chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Here's a tip; a voluntary placement in a private company dealing with military tech and security concerns is not comparable to immigration into a nation.
    Said immigration is a safety concern to people in the country.

Also, as to what I said about the paranoia, as has been stated in swedish newspaper, translated with google:
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/ledare/led...cle17408888.ab

U.S. paranoia seen in Trollhättan

His dream was to become an engineer in the aerospace industry . And the plugs to the industrial technology program at Nils Ericsonsgymnasiet in Trollhättan prepared you for just such a profession. Training takes place namely in very close cooperation with aircraft engine manufacturer GKN Aerospace.

So it was to GKN - line 16 -year-old Hussein Radhi sought out . His dream was to become an engineer in the aerospace industry .

But the happiness was short-lived . August 21 Hussein began his training . The next day he was called to a meeting at the school.

There he was told - by representatives of both the school and GKN - that he was not welcome to attend the program .

Why ? Hussein Radhi was born in Iraq and GKN Aerospace sells products to the U.S..

Stop if you were born in Iraq
    If this could Trollhättan newspaper - Elfsborg County sorts , TTELA , tell us a week.

The company regrets what happened , but explains that it has with the U.S. Export and safety to do. There is a limitation for people from some countries, including Iraq , to assimilate information on U.S. products .

For Today's Work says Mats Eriksson, IF Metall steward at GKN , it's not " super " , but that it does not have anything to choose from if you want to deliver to the Americans.

The Agency says it is incompatible with Swedish law to shut someone out from a public high school because of being born in a particular country. Schools Inspectorate says that the principle is that all Swedish citizens should have full access to the training courses organized by the public .
    The war against terrorism in everyday life

In a political debate that has come to consider apprenticeships as a panacea for youth unemployment is the event in Trollhättan a reminder that it is not always easy to coordinate with school work. Working life can have rules that are completely incompatible with how we want the school to operate.

But ultimately , it is perhaps a reminder of how the world established in the war on terrorism actually looks like. In Trollhättan , we see it engages in a boy's life.

Tomorrow go Barack Obama - whose middle name happens to be Hussein - on to St. Petersburg . His namesake in Trollhättan still do not know how it will be with his high school education .