View Poll Results: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Voters
1318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-100k Sub Loss

    225 17.07%
  • 100k - 500k Sub Loss

    446 33.84%
  • 500k - 1M Sub Loss

    320 24.28%
  • Greater than 1 Million Sub Loss

    236 17.91%
  • Other

    91 6.90%
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The sooner wow dies the sooner blizzard or some other dev company comes up with a good mmo and fresh ideas for a change. Can't wait for this thing to die.
    And if Wow finally does die without something innovative coming out, mmos could very well be at risk as a genre because many companies would be even less willing to take risks. As much as you haters deny it, Blizzard and Wow is what has made this genre as successful as it is. Wishing for Wow and Blizzard to fail simply because you have moved on is idiotic, childish and vindictive and quite frankly absolutely disgusting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Blizzard will never admit the real sub loses, what we see getting released every few months is just damage control
    Yeah, no. Thanks to people like Bernie Madoff things like lying to shareholders is a federal felony. No one at Blizzard is risking jail time not to mention putting the entire company at risk with SEC investigations just to pump up the numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    There are a LOT of flaws with this popular logic from an actual business perspective.

    For starters: businesses focus more intensely on X game (this actually doesn't apply as much to Blizzard but let's pretend it does) when it does well. World of Warcraft is making Blizzard far more money than any other game they have ever produced. Now, let's pretend subscriptions decrease at a parabolic rate matching the current situation, giving the game a long remaining life span but smaller and smaller profit margins. The correct business decision in this case for Blizzard is still to focus on World of Warcraft for the considerable future. Why? It generates astronomically more money than every other franchise they have (probably combined) in such a way that further funding for World of Warcraft is STILL the best Return On Investment possible for their profits.

    Well, technically, if Blizzard was mega concerned with profits, they'd probably just release Vanilla servers and simultaneously launch a shit version of "WoW2" and rake in millions, but they have limits as to how far they will milk their products.

    Anyway, I'm not even a business major and I can see why "sub counts = development" would be one of the worst business strategies possible when the game in question is still generating metric buttloads of cash.
    And Blizzard has already proven subscription numbers have nothing to do with their development plans. They already said they expect heavy subscription losses from here on out at one of the previous shareholders meetings and yet they plan to increase the Wow team by 40% and plan to release content even faster. If anything fewer subscribers is going to get us more content not less. It is just typical hater logic to claim they are "concerned" that Blizzard may stop supporting the game when in reality they are obsessed with subscription numbers solely because they can't wait for the game to die and dance on its grave.

    The simple fact of the matter is Wow is wildly successful and profitable even despite losing subscribers and other issues and the shareholders know and realize this which is why they aren't basing their decision to stick with ATVI on subscription numbers alone. Yes it is an important piece of information but only part of a whole and what is more important is how Blizzard handles subscription loss and finding ways to keep Wow and their other products viable long term and THAT is what is most important to the shareholders.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I personally say at lease 600k but at most 1.2million.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If you mean F2p wow in china and no where else there will be a major shit storm in EU/US if China go's f2p and it dose not anywhere else.

    Many people will be pissed they got to pay while china gets it for free and I personally would find that to be a shitty move on blizzards part. A big smack in the face to all EU/US players with them saying "Because we get more money from you you must pay"
    Sorry but no. Didn't you learn from your bullshit thread when you tried to stir up trouble? Honestly most people who play Wow wouldn't give a fuck if other regions had a free to play model. It has no effect on the game or on our region. It is a non issue despite you continually trying to make it one. Give it up already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Milions of people suffering from paranoia or Blizzard lying and you choose Blizzard lying?

    Seems legit
    Do you or anyone else making these idiotic claims have proof Blizzard is lying? In this atmosphere of corporate whistleblowing do you seriously think Blizzard or any other company would be able to get away with lying about something like this for this many years? Seriously?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I play and care about the amount of subs.

    That would be the option of not clicking on the thread.
    This is such an ignorant response but honestly not surprising coming from you. I know this may be hard to comprehend but people are fully capable of not caring about subscription numbers and still participate in discussions about them. Maybe you should not click posts if you are unable to understand what is being said?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    One can see if the sub loss is affecting you by looking at the activity on your server. The server I am on has already taken a lot of hits during Cata and its now only medium-high, with much fewer fun runs for old content being started

    Virtual realms may be too little too late for servers on the brink of population collapse
    And yet a significant number of subscription losses have come from other regions and not NA/EU. The problem with NA/EU realms isn't that we have too many realms and not enough players but the fact that we have far too many people on a few realms and everyone else is spread thinly out among other realms. Then there is the fact there are so many realms with massive faction imbalances which basically causes the underrepresented faction on a high pop realm to have a low pop realm experience. Yes subscription loss plays a part in this as well but not nearly to the extent many players claim.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Although I enjoy your enthusiasm, Wow hasn't had over 7 million subs since mid/late BC; worldwide, there are 1.2 or so million subs. They only sold 7.5 or so million panda disks, and they have nowhere near 100% retention rate, more like 15%.
    They would have sold more expansions if all regions had to buy them. Basically most active NA/EU accounts bought Mop which is amazing for a game as old as Wow. It's hilarious how you tried to spin the numbers but only succeeded in shooting yourself in the foot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    We could take it as an allusion to the lack of importance of subs to income. Companies that work off of the free to play system tend to survive by harvesting a handful of dedicated players, so for all we know WoW is making up for sub losses by selling more transfers, recustomizations and hats. WoW isn't free to play, but their cash shop has a decent selection of the sorts of items you see in ftp games. But yeah, pretty of topic I guess.
    I'm sorry but the bulk of profits in subscription based games comes from actual subscriptions. If any other model was more profitable Blizzard would have switched over to it long ago and if transfers resulted in any sort of significant profits they certainly wouldn't be actively working to make them obsolete.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2013-09-14 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This is such an ignorant response but honestly not surprising coming from you. I know this may be hard to comprehend but people are fully capable of not caring about subscription numbers and still participate in discussions about them. Maybe you should not click posts if you are unable to understand what is being said?
    What is ignorant about my post? It was in response to the question of "Who, that still plays WoW cares about sub losses or gains?" which I answered that I play and care.

    The second part was in response to "An option to vote 'Who gives a stuff' would be nice in the vote." why would you need to vote if you do not care? Why do you need to let others know that you do not care? Why would anyone care that you do not care? Surely those that actually do not care about the content of the thread or the poll would not click on it? I can understand being involved in a discussion in real life, where you do not always have control about what is being discussed, about a subject that you do not care for but you have to actively click the topic and then post it on a forum. Obviously those who partake in such a discussion do care despite what they claim.

    Anyway there is no need for you to get upset or angry I was not calling Blizzard a poo poo head or anything.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Besides the summer and other things people are forgetting we will see how many quit because of the Cash shop and xmog helms stuff as well this q3
    One little problem with that: most people who play Wow outside of these forums don't give a fuck about the politics of what goes on here or what other people are wearing or doing. If they are still having fun, they keep playing. They aren't quitting because they are butthurt over how someone else spent their own money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Neither. I am saying that will have a effect on sub numbers, since some of the people unsubed pissed about that.

    It just a small factor.
    People quit over literally anything and everything. I have seen people quit because they couldn't disable account wide mounts. Does that mean account wide mounts are bad or does that mean some gamers are control freaks and should probably seek professional help?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    As the matter of fact he is the minority. But not the minority which you imply. To extend on that you are also in the minority. We all are. As much as MMO is a popular genre, still the majority of gamers sh***s left and right on it. Its nerds like us who play WoW, GW2, FF14 or any other similar game who are in minority. The majority of sane people thinks more or less that MMO-s are a cancer for gaming and even though I cant side with them (as I am addicted to the genre), I cant deny that they have some sort of a valid point.
    Actually most gamers I have met outside of forum communities tend not to be nearly as judgmental or narrow minded or arrogant to think they have any right to decide for others whether any genre of gaming is a "cancer". I think too many who post on these forums and the official forums are completely out of touch with reality and what real gamers actually think. I keep hearing people claim there is a disconnect between Blizzard and the players but the real disconnect is between the players themselves and some of the worst of it occurs on these very forums and even in this thread.

  4. #264
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What is ignorant about my post? It was in response to the question of "Who, that still plays WoW cares about sub losses or gains?" which I answered that I play and care.

    The second part was in response to "An option to vote 'Who gives a stuff' would be nice in the vote." why would you need to vote if you do not care? Why do you need to let others know that you do not care? Why would anyone care that you do not care? Surely those that actually do not care about the content of the thread or the poll would not click on it? I can understand being involved in a discussion in real life, where you do not always have control about what is being discussed, about a subject that you do not care for but you have to actively click the topic and then post it on a forum. Obviously those who partake in such a discussion do care despite what they claim.

    Anyway there is no need for you to get upset or angry I was not calling Blizzard a poo poo head or anything.

    He tends to think you can only say positive stuff about blizzard and praise them if you don't he get pretty upset hence why he is on my ignore

  5. #265
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,085
    I would be quite surprised to see a huuuuge sub loss. I logged onto my trial account the other day and things seemed quite busy - still many "high" and "medium" servers.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ ENTER the Wocky - an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Well they lost almost 50% the player base they once had.
    In all honesty, as more players have been quitting the Wow community has been improving significantly and I'm referring to people who actually subscribe and actually play the game not those who hang around these forums just so they can endlessly bitch about a game they no longer play. As far as I'm concerned keep the losses coming.

  7. #267
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,055
    THEY'RE GONNA LOSE ALL THE SUBS!

    Am I doing right?

    Anyone?

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    9 year old game really means nothing. Mop is a year old...wow today and wow in 2004 are two different things. The 9 yr old game argument would work if they never dated it. So let me ask this How was the game gaining subs when it was a 1 -6 year old game and did not start losing more subs than it was gaining till Cataclysm? "All of a sudden oh shit the game is 7 years old it starts losing subs" Of course this has nothing to do with Blizzards actions
    Video games tend to become less popular as they age and this is especially true of mmos. Or do you think all mmos gain subscribers infinitely and it is only wow that doesn't? If you are going to talk about Wow subscriber loss and claim age isn't a factor then you need to show this isn't the case for other mmos that are around the same age. wow doesn't exist in a vacuum.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    Inb4 f2p announcement at blizzcon. How much more do you let the ship sink before trying to cash out?

    And people saying that it doesn't affect them when subs drop. Really? My server in vanilla was thriving and you couldn't move a couple feet without running into people in orgrimmar. Now it's pretty much a ghost town with a few people here and there. You can really only pve and pvp because they linked up servers but there is no more community or "life" left in a lot of these servers. Do you like going into nightclubs with only 2 or 3 people in the place or do you like it when it's filled up?

    And to the people that think this patch will bring back players. Rofl you got to be trolling. They will be lucky if the next xpac will gain them more than they lose in subs.
    If Blizzard were "cashing out" they wouldn't be hiring significantly more developers and artists and they certainly wouldn't increase the rate of content releases either. Wow is doing just fine despite subscriber losses.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Sigh.

    Posts like this just..

    I can't.

    I really just can't.

    I wish threads about subs just weren't allowed here.
    Sadly the mods justify these threads by saying players would just spam the forums with them anyway. Sometimes I wonder if they even understand their role here as moderators. It is rather funny since they will close just about any other type of thread for little to no reason but the second a thread pops up about subscription numbers (this one is a good example considering the call won't be for nearly another TWO MONTHS and the OP is well known for making threads to cause flamewars) and all of a sudden they forget they have a lock button and act all helpless about the situation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Wow did not even start seeing sub loses till Cataclysm at that point the game was 7 year old. The game did not just start losing more subs than it was gaining solely because of the games age, design decisions and the dev's being out of touch with thier player base would seem more probable. Lets face it most people say nothing but negative things about Cataclysm, when people gave feedback to the Devs at the start of cata they were told to suck it up. Once they started losing subs they fixed the design more towards what players wanted. Mop people say negative and good things bu the overall thing you hear is it was meh, did not fit in to the wow universe, did not feel right, ZOMFG PANDAS!!!!, The issues with Dailies and other grinds.

    Personally I think the reason subs are still being lost is because we have had two piss poor Expansions where the dev's seem out of touch with what the players really want and they try to fix it when it's too late.
    Stop with the revisionist history. TBC was heavily derided for retconned spacegoats and space ships and blood elfs and many, many other things. People have complained about this game for its entire run and to pretend people didn't have issues with the game until Cata is a flat out bold faced lie. I love how you people insist pandas don't fit wow and yet for some reason space ships crash landing on Azeroth is a-ok.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    You honestly think a new isle full of more grind and grind and grind is making casuals happy? i dont think so.
    Wow is an mmo. If you want a grind free game you are playing the wrong genre of game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Oh yea if SoO is like Ds or ICC and around for a year they will lose tons
    Highly doubtful since Wow has more developers than ever with more to come plus they still have extra help from those who were shifted over from Titan. There is no way in hell Siege is going to last much more than 6 months.

  9. #269
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,741
    I'd say 500-700k down because it was an off quarter. We'll likely see the rate of decline start to slow in Q4 2013 as hype begins to build leading up to and following the announcement of Expansion V. We'll likely see a bump for Q1/2 2014 depending on what comes out of Blizzcon.

    If it's true revenue is down 54% for the last 7 months, I'd say expect sub losses to air toward the 700k rather than the 500k.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If anything, Blizzard will be less shielded from Activision than it was before, as Vivendi will no longer control the board.
    Activision has no reason to mess with Blizzard Entertainment as they are quite capable of turning a profit on their own without intervention. Kotick didn't get to where he is by making games less profitable and messing with Blizzard would do exactly just that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, Kotick will be more free to tell Blizzard what to do.
    Possibly but not until he gets ATVI's company bylaws changed which prevent him from controlling any aspect of Blizzard Entertainment's management. The thing is though he has no reason to do so as Blizzard Entertainment is a company known to succeed on its own without being micromanaged. If Kotick is as greedy as people claim then he would know better than to do anything that might put Blizzard's profitability at risk.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Sadly the mods justify these threads by saying players would just spam the forums with them anyway. Sometimes I wonder if they even understand their role here as moderators. It is rather funny since they will close just about any other type of thread for little to no reason but the second a thread pops up about subscription numbers (this one is a good example considering the call won't be for nearly another TWO MONTHS and the OP is well known for making threads to cause flamewars) and all of a sudden they forget they have a lock button and act all helpless about the situation.
    I can only suggest that since you have such a problem with the moderation and topics discussed here that you find another site that is more catered towards your needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Stop with the revisionist history. TBC was heavily derided for retconned spacegoats and space ships and blood elfs and many, many other things. People have complained about this game for its entire run and to pretend people didn't have issues with the game until Cata is a flat out bold faced lie. I love how you people insist pandas don't fit wow and yet for some reason space ships crash landing on Azeroth is a-ok.
    Your post has very little to do with the post you are replying to. Are you seriously suggesting that there have been no complaints about the Pandaren not fitting in the WOW universe? Whilst there were complaints in TBC about "space goats" it is largely irrelevant as there was not overall sub losses at the time.

    By the way the poster you keep quoting has you on ignore so your message will not get through to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Wow is an mmo. If you want a grind free game you are playing the wrong genre of game.
    I think Blizzard would like to keep as many players as possible and telling some of them that the genre is not for them is not really a viable financial option.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Activision has no reason to mess with Blizzard Entertainment as they are quite capable of turning a profit on their own without intervention. Kotick didn't get to where he is by making games less profitable and messing with Blizzard would do exactly just that.
    I would think that seven figure sub losses for three years in a row is reason enough for Kotick to consider intervention.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well Blizz doesnt do math like the rest of us. Like when something will be release on August 28. it really means Sept. 10.

    And how do they get 1 month content cycles from only a 40% workforce increase? In reality they would need a 400% worker increase to get down to 1 month cycles.
    Perhaps because they had already increased their development team prior to announcing more hirings and determined their changes in regards to streamlining development would allow for optimal use of more employees? Just a thought. Blizzard tends to never give specifics on anything of this nature so the fact they did pretty much means its a done deal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is something to discuss.

    Unlike some, though, I don't see it as a bad thing but an inevitable thing. WoW couldn't keep up a high sub count forever. There was eventually going to be a drop.
    Yes it is something to discuss when the meeting actually happens...which won't be happening for TWO MONTHS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    most of the subs are prolly pvpers since we dnt see any love or fixes inthe game its PVEand MOney>all mentality for blizzard thats all they care about pvpers are treated as undervalued customers in 8 years we have had to major things in pvp arena back in TBC and rated bg's in CATA dnt give me the new arena skins and bg's most of them are just rehashed anyway
    Perhaps it has something to do with the fact no matter what Blizzard does, pvpers are never ever happy. In fact a huge portion of development time for 5.3 was dedicated solely to pvp and the end result was yet more bitching and whining and moaning.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Educated guess, i pulled my number from the same dark place that the dev pulled his number.
    We're on like a 4-3 month cycle between content patches. Granted all manpower isn't equal. On what premise does increasing manpower by only 40% correlate into one month patch cycles? IF they were really committed to 1 month content cycle they would need to triple or quadruple workflow based on the length of their current cycle.

    Unless Blizz considers 1-2 new battle pets a month to be new "content". They got me there.
    The numbers quoted in the developer interviews were based on actual real numbers given to them by other Blizzard employees whereas you assume everyone at Blizzard lies about everything. Sorry but I will take their word over yours.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And even that wasn't enough. Tell me is timeless isle on par with isle of thunder? or launch content? All the content that came with the raid offered little character progression. What it did offer was terrible grind and not altogether enjoyable.
    Maybe just maybe there would be more to do on Timeless Isle if the QQers didn't raise holy hell any time anyone at Blizzard said the word daily. And if people want an alternative to dailies maybe they should start explaining what they want because we are just going to keep getting more stuff like Timeless isle otherwise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    The timeless isle is on par with the 5.3 Barrens nothing more.
    So basically you haven't been there. Got it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Let's not forget they pushed back cr. I know several people that have taken the free seven days, seen that their server is still dead and said screw this game. People on the larger servers are getting to enjoy long ques and lag island. They have done a terrible job at server population for both ends.
    They didn't push anything back. In fact when they first announced connected realms (virtual realms) they even said it wouldn't go live immediately upon 5.4 launching. The patch hasn't even been out a week and they have already decided on the first realms they are going to merge so I can't imagine they are going to put it off much longer. Most likely what they are doing now is waiting for realm populations to become stable since new patches always cause population spikes. It would have been incredibly stupid to implement connected realms on the same day as a major raid patch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Well that too. I don't see the 5.4 holding people that long
    And why is that? It will hold people for as long as 5.2, 5.0, 4.3 and every other raid patch to date did and NONE of those had flex raiding. It is funny how people are continually trying to downplay the content in this patch. It is so obvious it has the haters scrambling to find things to bitch about since so many player concerns were addressed in this patch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    true...Real question is how long will be have SoO for ? New xpac would have to hit beta soon
    The absolute latest the beta will start is January. Considering the timing of Blizzcon and how close it is to the holidays it may be tricky for them to start the beta any earlier than that but they could still surprise us.

  13. #273
    The Patient Sunnydruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    290
    This thread was destined for funny things...

    It has succeeded

    -topic answer- I'm not an analyst but I would assume just average the two previous quarters out, take into consideration non game content related sub losses, and there you go. At least...for a rough estimate. But they could have gained some since tuesday when 5.4 hit!
    WoW Millionaire! Destroying markets with high school economic knowledge since 2012!
    -Over 5.8 million gold made -
    There's so much more to WoW than PVE and PVP. Explore the rest of WoW for a day and realize the game is so much more in depth than what we think

  14. #274
    Brewmaster orangelemonrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,315
    Lots of people I know came back for 5.4 so I'm a little reluctant to believe that it would be more than 400k loss but it defiantly isnt a gain :P

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And if Wow finally does die without something innovative coming out, mmos could very well be at risk as a genre because many companies would be even less willing to take risks. As much as you haters deny it, Blizzard and Wow is what has made this genre as successful as it is. Wishing for Wow and Blizzard to fail simply because you have moved on is idiotic, childish and vindictive and quite frankly absolutely disgusting.

    -snip-
    He's not a soulless hatemonger, he just wants the mmo genre to progress. I believe it is with the variety of new mmos available and coming soon. Yes, Blizzard did help popularize the mmo genre with its excellent polish and accessibility but every king's reign comes to an end. The tides have changed and though WoW will still be around for many years to come, it looks like it's long standing monopoly of the genre will slowly dissipate.

    Wanting something to fail so improvements are made isn't a bad thing. Hell, we just saw with the massive amount of backlash towards the XBox One that people can cause significant change even to a multi billion dollar company. A lot of times failure is the only way customers will see improvements from companies and their products.

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And why is that? It will hold people for as long as 5.2, 5.0, 4.3 and every other raid patch to date did and NONE of those had flex raiding. It is funny how people are continually trying to downplay the content in this patch. It is so obvious it has the haters scrambling to find things to bitch about since so many player concerns were addressed in this patch.
    Um, I'm not quite sure of your point here. Aside from 5.0 which was the start of the MoP expansion, 4.3 and 5.2 patches lost a massive amount of subs. In fact the quarter in which 5.2's ToT released was the 1.2 million sub drop which was the worst in the franchises history. I think it is a good patch but I doubt it will stop the bleeding.
    Last edited by Fagatronics; 2013-09-14 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Lots of people I know came back for 5.4 so I'm a little reluctant to believe that it would be more than 400k loss but it defiantly isnt a gain :P
    I have seen a peak in activity on my realm for 5.4 but I have no idea if those that are now active had expired subs beforehand but I think the biggest driving force behind the amount of subs lost is going to be China.

  17. #277
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have seen a peak in activity on my realm for 5.4 but I have no idea if those that are now active had expired subs beforehand but I think the biggest driving force behind the amount of subs lost is going to be China.
    Yep I could see that...The new isle also seems to have upset alot of people and does not seem to be much content. The pushed the patch out in time to get people back right before the quarter ends. quarter 4 should have massive lost if they do not have a trick up their sleeves

  18. #278
    Free 7 day trial for patch 5.4 HMMMM. They did this last time for another patch which I have a feeling they do count towards "current subscribers".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  19. #279
    Immortal Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    7,238
    when does the Q3 report come out anyway?
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Free 7 day trial for patch 5.4 HMMMM. They did this last time for another patch which I have a feeling they do count towards "current subscribers".
    I doubt that free trials count towards the current sub numbers however it clearly is a promotion aimed at bringing back subscribers and obviously the launch of a major content patch is going to be the most effective time to hold such a promotion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Yep I could see that...The new isle also seems to have upset alot of people and does not seem to be much content. The pushed the patch out in time to get people back right before the quarter ends. quarter 4 should have massive lost if they do not have a trick up their sleeves
    I agree that unless there is more content to be released soon 5.4 is not going to be able to hold on the subscribers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •