Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post

Now if they can just stop making bossfights in perfectly round and flat areas...
    They can't, else how can they make you have to avoid their most coveted boss fight mechanism "stepping/standing in something" that is used in almost every fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    They can't, else how can they make you have to avoid their most coveted boss fight mechanism "stepping/standing in something" that is used in almost every fight?
    I'm sure it's a limitation of the prehistoric engine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post

Funny you brought that up Q3 2012 they did not give a number just said subs were over 10 million, they lost 2 million subs since than and say the amount of subs is now 7.7 million. Doing the math that would mean for Q3 2012 the subs were really at 9.7 million.

Going by those numbers would mean mop did not bring as many people back as once was thought.

Mop would have had a gain of 600k subs world wide.

Oh before someone says I am wrong, I am using the information from quarterly reports

Lets look at this

Q2 2012: 9.1 million subs
    Q3 2012: over 10 million subs world side
    Q4 2012: 100,000 Subs Lost 10M-100k = 9.9M
    Q1 2013: 1.3 Million Subs Lost 9.9M-1.3M = 8.6M
    Q2 2013: 600,000 Subs Lost and say world wide subs are at 7.7 Million 8.6M-600k = 8.0M

So based off their reports

Q2 2012: 9.1 million subs
    Q3 2012: 9.7 million subs <---The real number
    Q4 2012: 9.6 million subs
    Q1 2013: 8.3 million subs
    Q2 2013: 7.7 million subs

No clue why they would make a mistake like that for Q3 2012 and say it was over 10 million, looks like mop pulled back a little over a half a million lost subs.
    You are reading far too much into these figures there is no error on Blizzard's part it is simply a typo by the OP. Q4 2012 saw a 400k, not 100k as posted by the OP, drop to 9.6 million players.

Quote Originally Posted by ATVI Q4 2012 Report Page 3 of 7
    As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription - based MMORPG, with more than 9.6million subscribers.
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You are reading far too much into these figures there is no error on Blizzard's part it is simply a typo by the OP. Q4 2012 saw a 400k, not 100k as posted by the OP, drop to 9.6 million players.
    Blizzard reports the number of active accounts at the various points, typically quarterly, so one can always unambiguously derive the changes from those figures.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard reports the number of active accounts at the various points, typically quarterly, so one can always unambiguously derive the changes from those figures.
    Exactly Q3 reported over 10 million and then 9.6 million in Q4 giving a drop of 400k, I think it is a simple case of the OP hitting 1 instead of 4 when typing the figures.

Come on. This is the last patch of the Mists, and the one where we have an opportunity to kill Garrosh. I don't think there will be any loss. In fact I think the number of subscribers will slightly increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I think this, which should really be a strong indicator of how good is the content really?

Sorry but I loled. Ulduar had smooth difficulty? You think face roll Loot Leviathan to Ignis, XT, and to a lesser extent Razorscale was smooth? XT alone was nerfed about 10 times. The overall difficulty wavered with Freya and Mimiron being very hard while Thorim and General V bordered on gimmick fights. Ulduar was a good instance but it was not without its flaws. People say there's nostalgia over TBC, I think there is far more over Uld.
    Of course it had a MUCH BETTER difficulty curve, and one of the smoothest of all times.

The difference in difficulty between Flame Leviathan and Razorscale was NOTHING compared with Jin'rokh and Horridon.
    Ignis was overtuned, adn was nerfed the SECOND WEEK, while Horridon took over a month for a nerf that was much lighter than the Ignis one.

Not to mention the amount of mechanics, which in Ulduar they scaled up slowly, while in ToT you have over 10 mechanics in the second boss of the instance.

I find it funny that you want to discuss this, because its clear that Ulduar had one of the smoothest difficulty curve ever seen, and ToT one of the worst i have seen not only in WoW, but in any game i played.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    If anything 2014 will see a rise again due to Hearthstone hype, the new expansion and the movie hype.

Most of the people that still play Wow now won't leave ... unless Blizzard would launch a new MMO and that's not before 2017.
    Can you prove any of this. Just because Hearthstone is getting hype dose not mean that it will help World Of Warcraft. There is many people who find some TGC like Magic The Gathering hard and because of that Hearthstone will be a good stepping stone to get into playing TGC's.

Nothing is official about the WOW movie and even if it was official with a release date there is a high chance that it won't due well for the simple fact people are sick and tied of really bad Game To Movie setups. What makes you think that the World Of Warcraft will be any different and don't say because its owned by blizzard because that dose not mean jack shit.

Relax, the bottom of the hardcore Blizzard barrel is almost reached: around 5 million worldwide.

It won't go under that, because there are that many hardcore Blizzard fans around the world.
    There is more Starwars Fans around the world then World of Warcraft and you seen what happen to SWTOR so making such a clam is stupid when its been proven time and time again just because you have the fanbase dose not mean you will have the playerbase.

The same happen to Lord of the Rings Online and DC Universe. All you are doing is trying to pass off your opinion as a fact like you do in every single thread you are in so when none of this happens will you please just go away.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-17 at 04:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf
    >.< good catch. So mop would be at 10.1M for Q3 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you prove any of this. Just because Hearthstone is getting hype dose not mean that it will help World Of Warcraft. There is many people who find some TGC like Magic The Gathering hard and because of that Hearthstone will be a good stepping stone to get into playing TGC's.

Nothing is official about the WOW movie and even if it was official with a release date there is a high chance that it won't due well for the simple fact people are sick and tied of really bad Game To Movie setups. What makes you think that the World Of Warcraft will be any different and don't say because its owned by blizzard because that dose not mean jack shit.

There is more Starwars Fans around the world then World of Warcraft and you seen what happen to SWTOR so making such a clam is stupid when its been proven time and time again just because you have the fanbase dose not mean you will have the playerbase.

The same happen to Lord of the Rings Online and DC Universe. All you are doing is trying to pass off your opinion as a fact like you do in every single thread you are in so when none of this happens will you please just go away.
    What's up? Panic mode much , LOL

The title of Heartstone is : "HS, the game that will change the World (...of Warcraft)". So ... ask Blizzard what they mean about that title ... I know for sure that beta data mining already showed a mount award in HS ...

It is only a logical step to include deals on WoW subscriptions and Hearthstone play combined.

You may come up with marketing deals yourself in a game that has a thousand angles of free to play combos ...

---
    WOW is a gaming franchise, Blizzard is a powerhouse developper of PC games. The total numbers their PC games sell are through the roof. So 5 million hardcore Blizzard fans is a modest estimate of this number to assure the worldwide Blizzard subs will never go under this number ... as Blizzard will create combo deals on WoW games (see their own title above).

The next game will be called Blizzard All Stars. Again another ideal free to play game to combine with WoW subs ... or should I say Blizzard subs ...

Come and pay a WoW subscription and get all kinds of deals on Hearthstone and The Blizzard Dota game.

Who would still play the other MMO duds really ? Even if they are free ...

WoW will stay the central focus though with franchised games like Hearthstone and Blizzard's All Stars.

2014 will see a certain rise in general interest for World of Warcraft by HS, the new WoW expansion and the movie hype.

Clear goals and yep Hearthstone on multi platforms will be ideal to renew interest. More than you can even imagine right now.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-09-17 at 05:41 PM.

>.< good catch. So mop would be at 10.1M for Q3 2012
    The Q3 2012 earnings call reported over 10 million players so my guess would be somewhere in between 10 million and 10.049 million, if it had been 10.1M they would have said so, but we will never know for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

The title of Heartstone is : "HS, the game that will change the World (...of Warcraft)". So ... ask Blizzard what they mean about that title ... I know for sure that beta data mining already showed a mount award in HS ...
    No it is not?!? It is called Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft at the top the official website.

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Q3 2012 earnings call reported over 10 million players so my guess would be somewhere in between 10 million and 10.049 million, if it had been 10.1M they would have said so, but we will never know for sure.
    Going by how many players we have now and adding the sub loses would bring it too 10.1M

Going by how many players we have now and adding the sub loses would bring it too 10.1M
    But we don't actually know the sub losses, every quarter Blizzard report the number of subs they have, not how many have been lost or gained. Looking at the OP if you use 400k instead of 100k it gives a total of 2.3 million subs lost since the beginning of MOP which is consistent with MOP starting with 10 million and having 7.7 million now.

But we don't actually know the sub losses, every quarter Blizzard report the number of subs they have, not how many have been lost or gained.
    ...Ya we do know how many was lost since they report it.

Just like last report said we had 7.2million subs left with a 600k drop......

(7.2million=subs total left)(600k= Subs lost last quarter)

Edit: Can't remember the official numbers but that is a example.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Where's the option for sub increasing?
    Use your imagination to pretend it's there. I have a hunch you have a gift for fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I just downloaded and installed FF14:ARR.

Let me say I don't think WoW is in any danger. The game seems to have fallen into the trap of valuing graphic quality over smooth gameplay. On my machine, the controls are extremely jerky and laggy. This is the same issue that eventually soured me on Rift, only more so.
    I agree, and I would rather not. Dodging ground effects or landing casts when timing is important can be real hell in the game since everything seems slightly out of sync. Fortunately, you can predict when things will happen well enough that the in game indicators are as unimportant as they are useless.

Relax, the bottom of the hardcore Blizzard barrel is almost reached: around 5 million worldwide.

It won't go under that, because there are that many hardcore Blizzard fans around the world.

If anything 2014 will see a rise again due to Hearthstone hype, the new expansion and the movie hype.

Most of the people that still play Wow now won't leave ... unless Blizzard would launch a new MMO and that's not before 2017.

We will pay our subs, no problem. WoW will always be good for around 600 million dollars yearly, that's the equivalent of GTA profits ... but on a yearly basis ... or twice the figure of the biggest movie blockbusters.

capice ?

I um...*clears throat*...think you missed the, uh, sarcasm in my statement. Zero subs left by end of next year wasn't a dead giveaway?

Gauging from the decrease of activity that I have seen on the servers that I play on, I think that wow is going to suffer more losses next quarter. Mostly because summer is over and schools and colleges are back in everywhere. I predict a loss of 600k-660k subs. Basically, the downward spiral continues.

And que fanboy defense mechanism in 3..2..1

[Infracted - Don't flamebait]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-09-20 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Gauging from the decrease of activity that I have seen on the servers that I play on, I think that wow is going to suffer more losses next quarter. Mostly because summer is over and schools and colleges are back in everywhere. I predict a loss of 600k-660k subs. Basically, the downward spiral continues.

And que fanboy defense mechanism in 3..2..1
    Now you're posting in the right thread

But maybe a little less flame baiting?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is ~1 million. It may be much more if the Pokebattle kiddos get bored, then it could be upwards of 2 million.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But it is official, is going to start filming early next year, and has a tentative release during 2015. Please read up before you think you know what you're talking about.