View Poll Results: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Voters
1318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-100k Sub Loss

225 17.07%
  • 100k - 500k Sub Loss

446 33.84%
  • 500k - 1M Sub Loss

320 24.28%
  • Greater than 1 Million Sub Loss

236 17.91%
  • Other

91 6.90%
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    5.4 will artificially boost Q3. Q4 is gonna have massive losses.
    How would it be "artificial" if players came back for 5.4? This makes no sense.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    never seen them change sub calc method since blizzard was rolled into Activision in 2008. there would be a sizable uproar if they ever did.
    OFF TOPIC: Why does everyone always say that blizzard was rolled into Activision? For pete's sake, it was Activision that was bought and merged into Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    OFF TOPIC: Why does everyone always say that blizzard was rolled into Activision? For pete's sake, it was Activision that was bought and merged into Blizzard.
    They think that because that's what actually happened. Your second sentence there is simply wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They think that because that's what actually happened. Your second sentence there is simply wrong.
    Not true. Vivendi and Activision were Merged and Activision became a part of Vivendi. If that's not called getting bought into another company, i don't know what is.

now, if Activision had been the one to buy and merge with vivendi games, and They had been the entire parent company, i would say that yes, blizzard was rolled into Activision.
    but no, Activision was merged into Vivendi and then rolled into Blizzard. They totally just choose to call the company by alphabetical order.

Losing $19.5 million dollars a month over last quarter is a real kick in the nuts. They will be under the 5 mil mark on the next one (quarter update). So what is going to give, meaning, what direction will they go. It is very possible they start throwing less resources at the cash cow now, this is all a bad sign. It is not good.

It was a fusion, no side bought the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Losing $19.5 million dollars a month over last quarter is a real kick in the nuts. They will be under the 5 mil mark on the next one (quarter update). So what is going to give, meaning, what direction will they go. It is very possible they start throwing less resources at the cash cow now, this is all a bad sign. It is not good.
    Well it is very possible that the do the opposing thing, which they have done. They need to push wow to make int attractive to new player, even if they go free to play they will need more resources to work that out.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2013-11-06 at 02:42 PM.

down 600k i bet.
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    Not true. Vivendi and Activision were Merged and Activision became a part of Vivendi.
    Nope, you're wrong. Activision NEVER became part of Vivendi. At no point did Vivendi ever own 100% of Activision.

What happened is that a deal was struck that folded Blizzard into Activision, and in return gave Vivendi a controlling share of the stock in the resulting entity (which was renamed from Activision to Activision-Blizzard). However, Activision's previous shareholders also retained ownership interest in this merged company. At no point was Activision, or Activision-Blizzard, 100% owned by Vivendi.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Down anywhere between 500-800k if I had to bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

I reckon another huge sub loss. Final Fantasy 14s release (regardless of whether you think its a good game or not) I think will have severely dented the sub numbers. I also think they game has become incredibly stale, facereoll and boring until you hit normal mode by which time I'm already burnt out of the content. I voted over a million.

The quarterly report isn't until this afternoon.
    It's already out. However, only investors can see it. I would post an screenshot but I don't want to break the NDA. It will be released to the public later today.

Subs dropped by 1.3 million.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    It's already out. However, only investors can see it. I would post an screenshot but I don't want to break the NDA. It will be released to the public later today.
    This is bullshit, you know. The report has to be made available to the public at the same time as "investors" (which is actually everyone) can see it.

See SEC Regulation FD. http://www.sec.gov/answers/regfd.htm
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-11-06 at 03:02 PM.

So what do I get if you're lying through your teeth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I reckon another huge sub loss. Final Fantasy 14s release (regardless of whether you think its a good game or not) I think will have severely dented the sub numbers. I also think they game has become incredibly stale, facereoll and boring until you hit normal mode by which time I'm already burnt out of the content. I voted over a million.
    I also voted over 1 mill.. they really need to do something to attract new players. New models will help somewhat in that area i guess.
    Blizzcon must have quite some news for us, not just raising the level cap, new continent etc... there must be something to appeal to new people.
    Also I think blizz needs to think about how casuals play games and try to attract a lot more than they have now.

You have quite the impressive posting history!
    All those nearly identical threads that get closed all the time. You most be so proud of yourself.

We're down to roughly 2,5m subscribers in US + EU combined apparently, according to the investors site.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    We're down to roughly 2,5m subscribers in US + EU combined apparently, according to the investors site.
    How vague! "The investors site"?

Conveniently, you gave no link.

If I look at investor.activision.com, they only have the Q2 numbers (and earlier), not the Q3 numbers.

Yeah I think these people are trolling... it is illegal to give insider information to anyone before the results are announced. Doing so could influence the market today, giving people a chance to buy or dump stock before the general investing public is informed. I would be completely surprised if A/B released anything to anyone, even by accident. There are fines involved with such behavior AT THE LEAST.

If I look at investor.activision.com, they only have the Q2 numbers (and earlier), not the Q3 numbers.
    The question is: Are you an investor?

Why do you even look the investor's site if you're not an investor?

The question is: Are you an investor?

Why do you even look the investor's site if you're not an investor?
    Why am I looking at it? So I check if you are lying.

SEC Regulation FD -- go and read it, mkay?

If a publically traded company releases information to investors, they are required by this regulation to simultaneously release it to the public.