Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    i got ur back bro... lets hold the flag till da end !

wow = best online game (nomatter how they rape it
    Im with you bros!
    fanboys for life
    Last edited by Drago123; 2013-11-06 at 08:27 PM. Reason: hashtag made myself facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    i got ur back bro... lets hold the flag till da end !

wow = best online game (nomatter how they rape it
    Yeah, i hope for increase too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Yeah, i hope for increase too.
    We all would like an increase, but it isn't very unlikely.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    We all would like an increase, but it isn't very unlikely.
    No we dont, it needs to be a big loss of things would never get better. Viva la revolucion!

Deleted
    -500k, easily, with some bs talk from Morhaime about "most of it coming from the East" as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost 100k, and that is with the 5.4 end of quarter boost.

the non-gaap 9 month comparison is terrible. game only did 181m non-gaap in q3~!?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2013-11-06 at 09:13 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    Why do people post threads like this for a game they clearly despise/want it to die?
    When somebody kills your family and all your friends, destroys your house and everything you own, hurts you that hard you are not even able to sleep anymore because of the pain, and then this person doesnt even get in conflict with law, i guess you wouldnt really wish this person the best.
    Or?

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    lost 100k, and that is with the 5.4 end of quarter boost.
    Is this right? Or are you guessing?

I don't think the loss but will be that low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post

I post a replied & wasn't sure, so I deleted it. I would be shocked if its just 100k.

That would have us at 7.5M or 7.6M from last quater, if it is true.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Only a few minutes left, i will leave here my prediction, again:

~500k loss.

10+ Year Old Account

this is right. came out about 6 min ago. 7.6m worldwide subs.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I will take your word for it. If this is true, it did was better than I expected. I expected another 500k drop easy.

Edit: Yeap you are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    100k is not bad, 7.6M Subs is still good, but I doubt this means the decline is slowing down.

Better than expect, I thought it would atleast be 300k.

Press release is out -- down just a touch to 7.6M. That matches anecdotal impressions of early 5.4 as a wash. Good news with Connected Realms rollout and a potential tectonic-shift expansion announcement, especially if Q4 and Q1-14 losses can be mitigated for the duration of the 6.0 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    100k is not bad, 7.6M Subs is still good, but I doubt this means the decline is slowing down.

Better than expect, I thought it would atleast be 300k.
    Yeah it is actually good news for them. Now the hard part is keeping players in the game from now till the next expansion launches. That is when they see most of their losses anyway.

When does this call start?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it is actually good news for them. Now the hard part is keeping players in the game from now till the next expansion launches. That is when they see most of their losses anyway.
    I think Q4 and Q1 2014 are going to see huge losses for WoW. It's kind of scary. I think they may dip below 6m possibly without anything new. They HAVE to release the xpac Q2 2014. Which is do-able I think. I think we'd see a giant wave of subscribers come back to the game depending what the new xpac is. But we'll see if they have a 5.5 or not. If they do and they release that timed well they may stop any hemorraging of subs for one quarter. Blizzcon hype will probably help but only for Q4.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I think Q4 and Q1 2014 are going to see huge losses for WoW. It's kind of scary. I think they may dip below 6m possibly without anything new.
    I don't think beta-active development time can be expedited to less than six months, so a May or June launch is almost certain.

To that end I'd be surprised if Blizzard did not release for 5.5/5.6 a Ruby Sanctum-style tide-over raid, as well as a sandbox area like the Timeless Isle.