Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 1 of 41
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

3rd Quarter Sub Loss Predictions!

Its that time of year again, soon the 3rd Quarter will be over, and we will have another conference call with the latest sub losses released. What are your predictions for sub losses this quarter?

Here is the historical quarterly sub losses since Q1 2012:

Q1 2012: 0 Sub Loss - Remained Steady
    Q2 2012: 1.1 Million Subs Lost
    Q3 2012: 900,000 Subs Gained; Up to just at 10 Million Subscriptions
    Q4 2012: 100,000 Subs Lost
    Q1 2013: 1.3 Million Subs Lost
    Q2 2013: 600,000 Subs Lost; Down to 7.7 Million Subscriptions

Q3 2012: <Your Predicted Sub Loss Figure>

My prediction is about 200,000 Subs lost, but could be more. I am taking the conservative side in my predictions. What are your predictions?

Deleted
    My guess is that subs are down to 7.0 - 7.2 Million. Would not be suprised if it goes below 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greets,

I predict something around 250.000 sub loses, and from there it will stable due Connected Realms, but this won't hold forever though.
    Also 5.4 will be a big sub boost, that's why it won't be as big as last time.

(When is the 3rd Quarter? Any news on the date yet?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Who cares?

Why is it that the same few people seemingly relish the idea of sub losses. I'd even go so far as to say its like a gleeful horniness over the game slowing down.

The game isn't shutting down any time remotely soon. What a sad life it must be to be on a WoW fan website just constantly talking down about the game. Sounds like a huge waste of time broseph.

Move on already. At least other people provide (sometimes) interesting criticisms that Blizzard should take. I cannot say the same for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Who cares?

Why is it that the same few people seemingly relish the idea of sub losses. I'd even go so far as to say its like a gleeful horniness over the game slowing down.

The game isn't shutting down any time remotely soon. What a sad life it must be to be on a WoW fan website just constantly talking down about the game. Sounds like a huge waste of time broseph.

Move on already. At least other people provide (sometimes) interesting criticisms that Blizzard should take. I cannot say the same for you.
    You can see on the OP's signature how much he cares.

Why do we care? Sub losses aren't gonna be bad enough to make WoW go F2P for a long time to come. So again, Why are these boards so obsessed with how many people are/aren't playing a game?

Krazy beat me to everything, stupid lurker having to make an account

Deleted
    they explained that the big drop was due to asia so if they finished quitting then the losses/gains will be small this time

10+ Year Old Account
    Too Soon Call is not till Nov!

Anyways 700k-1.5 million lost

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clukclukboom View Post
    they explained that the big drop was due to asia so if they finished quitting then the losses/gains will be small this time
    Last time they said the lost was equal between the east and west

10+ Year Old Account
    If more players quit then that's good.

Chances are they are casual and that means less crappy players to have an unfortunate experience by playing this game together with them in LFD or LFR.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Greets,

I predict something around 250.000 sub loses, and from there it will stable due Connected Realms, but this won't hold forever though.
    Also 5.4 will be a big sub boost, that's why it won't be as big as last time.

(When is the 3rd Quarter? Any news on the date yet?)
    First week of Nov.

Q3 ends this mo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    If more players quit then that's good.

Chances are they are casual and that means less crappy players to have an unfortunate experience by playing this game together with them in LFD or LFR.
    Loosing players is not a good thing. Blizzard is a Cooperation, They also went in to Debt over the buyback thing. A lost in subs = profit lost. No company wants to loose profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    First week of Nov.

Q3 ends this mo.
    November? that's really far away still. Why would people make a thread for something that's 2 months away, That's pretty useless.
    Better just lock this.

Anyways, I expect alot of subscribers in 5.4 atleast 500k to 1M, so i won't expect to much off a lose really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares?

Sorry I am on mmo-Champion not Wow-Champion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    November? that's really far away still. Why would people make a thread for something that's 2 months away, That's pretty useless.
    Better just lock this.

Anyways, I expect alot of subscribers in 5.4 atleast 500k to 1M, so i won't expect to much off a lose really.
    Pretty much and why would he make a thread 2 mo away, it's kinda what he does trys to make threads to cause a shit storm

Sorry I am on mmo-Champion not Wow-Champion
    Seems like you're wasting your life dude. I never understood people who sit there and do nothing but complain. Doesn't that like just put you into a near-perpetual state of depression? Focusing on hating something to such an extent...its just sad. Especially when you add zero actual contribution.

Eh, probably another 500k. I predict a surge for Q4 though with the release of 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like you're wasting your life dude.
    Oh how so? You seem rather upset that I pointed out this site is not devoted just to wow. I might be wasting my life but at least I am not wasting it getting super emotional when someone dares say anything remotely negative about a game or criticizes a game

100k - 500k Sub Loss

Oh how so? You seem rather upset that I pointed out this site is not devoted just to wow. I might be wasting my life but at least I am not wasting it getting super emotional when someone dares say anything remotely negative about a game or criticizes a game
    I always love when people mock the stupidity of people who just blindly hate we're either fanboys or we are "rather upset"/super emotional. Couldn't be that we get tired of noncontributing people who complain just to hear the sound of their own voice. Like I said, get over it and move on. Sad existence.

Who cares?

The only logical conclusion I can come to is that people hope Blizzard will take the sub losses as a hint that they are doing something wrong and change the direction of the game in a way that they personally approve of. Should it be harder, or easier, more convenient or more tedious, etc.. The problem is that that's exactly what they have been doing for the past few expansions and players are still unhappy.

In every expansion and every patch, the developers rave about how they're trying to get us out into the world but they keep implementing all these tools of convenience, and that makes the game less engaging.

I think somewhere between the Burning Crusade and Wrath, Blizzard stopped making the game they wanted to make and started making the game the players wanted. Sure, throw us a bone now and then, but don't forget who's running things.

Bottom Line: Blizzard needs to grow some fucking balls and make the game as they see fit, not what will make us nerds happy and worst of all, not what makes Activision happy (immediate profits).

well mmo-champ is devoted to WoW how many other mmo news do you see on the front page? and there are some other games that have a sub forum in the video section. but no other game has it own forum with sub forums in it. so we can clearly speak mmo-champ is devoted to WoW. sure it has sub forums. and why do you bother to post on topics releated to wow you even bother to make a topic about what the next class will be. so if you ask me your not done with wow your far from it

Deleted
    3mil. sub loss, WoW goes F2P afterwards :O