View Poll Results: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Voters
1317. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-100k Sub Loss

225 17.08%
  • 100k - 500k Sub Loss

446 33.86%
  • 500k - 1M Sub Loss

320 24.30%
  • Greater than 1 Million Sub Loss

235 17.84%
  • Other

91 6.91%
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Would you like me to start posting screenshots and videos?
    I will gladly stay out of your WoW thread when people stop bringing GW2 into it with patently false information.
    People in the GW2 sub forum have already called you out on that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    People in the GW2 sub forum have already called you out on that stuff.
    You mean this thread where people claim that bi-weekly updates and the main city don't count? If you meant real debunking then I recommend heading to those forums with it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-alive/page4

To move it back to the topic, could someone post screens of the new event on their server? It'd be nice to see how many people are around to enjoy it, the casual stuff seems like a good change, and how people respond to it is probably important to this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    most of the subs are prolly pvpers since we dnt see any love or fixes inthe game its PVEand MOney>all mentality for blizzard thats all they care about pvpers are treated as undervalued customers in 8 years we have had to major things in pvp arena back in TBC and rated bg's in CATA dnt give me the new arena skins and bg's most of them are just rehashed anyway
    I would not speculate that everyone left was a pvper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    To move it back to the topic, could someone post screens of the new event on their server? It'd be nice to see how many people are around to enjoy it, the casual stuff seems like a good change, and how people respond to it is probably important to this conversation.
    The new event seems to be as much content as 5.3 barrens

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    The new event seems to be as much content as 5.3 barrens
    I'm already bored with the Pointless Isle.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler

"Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Same...Well Hope SoO can hold people

And it shall go down in history as that... well to be fair apparently there is a minior quest chain there, which should at least be worth twice as much as the unbearable "go to the barrens and collect resources" weekly quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And it shall go down in history as that... well to be fair apparently there is a minior quest chain there, which should at least be worth twice as much as the unbearable "go to the barrens and collect resources" weekly quest.
    yea as I said hopefully SoO can hold people

I should hope so. Even six months may cause damage.

6 months is gonna be ROUGH especially without valor vendor for some kinda of longer term casual progression. Especially when the island pays out better than lfr (apparently). Of all the stupid fucking times to get rid of the god damn vendor.... Lots of other titles coming out this holiday season (new GTA, new battlefield) as well as new consoles. Maybe I cancel my sub now and put that money towards a new console? mmmmmmm lots of things to pull people away.. i hope the chill is felt in California because WINTER IS COMING (i couldn't help myself)

- - - Updated - - -

yea as I said hopefully SoO can hold people
    Msv/HoF/ToES/ToT all did a wonderful job of that...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-11 at 03:01 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    6 months is gonna be ROUGH especially without valor vendor for some kinda of longer term casual progression. Especially when the island pays out better than lfr (apparently). Of all the stupid fucking times to get rid of the god damn vendor.... Lots of other titles coming out this holiday season (new GTA, new battlefield) as well as new consoles. Maybe I cancel my sub now and put that money towards a new console? mmmmmmm lots of things to pull people away.. i hope the chill is felt in California because WINTER IS COMING (i couldn't help myself)

- - - Updated - - -

Msv/HoF/ToES/ToT all did a wonderful job of that...

Ya the titles are going do Damage. To be fair Msv/HoF/ToES/ToT Came with a ton of content to do besides the raid

Ya the titles are going do Damage. To be fair Msv/HoF/ToES/ToT Came with a ton of content to do besides the raid
    And even that wasn't enough. Tell me is timeless isle on par with isle of thunder? or launch content? All the content that came with the raid offered little character progression. What it did offer was terrible grind and not altogether enjoyable.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Wrong. There's actually more people playing now than at launch.
    If you would like I can post at least 12 sources that we can measure and look at that show about a 80% drop (at the very least), including NCSoft sales, sPvP population in-game and server population data. Let me know if you want to see actual data and not some "pictures" which prove nothing.

And even that wasn't enough. Tell me is timeless isle on par with isle of thunder? or launch content? All the content that came with the raid offered little character progression. What it did offer was terrible grind and not altogether enjoyable.
    The timeless isle is on par with the 5.3 Barrens nothing more.

The timeless isle is on par with the 5.3 Barrens nothing more.
    uggh oy vey 6 months of that? I thought they said they were gonna ramp it up to be bigger and more expansive.
    The hammer comes down:

uggh oy vey 6 months of that? I thought they said they were gonna ramp it up to be bigger and more expansive.
    They say alot of things. But we have Timeless isle and SoO till the next patch

This thread is of Epicness:

- First off, the Title is Negative-LITERALLY
    - Second, Jaylock bro, Nah-Dood. Naw
    - Third, WoW is the most polished MMO in History, has made more world headlines, and more money than any mmo we will EVER see in the history of EVER.

Get over the fact that Sub Loss is always going to happen with an CIRCA 9 year old game (WOW RELEASED WITH HALO2?!?!?) - Get over it already

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    This thread is of Epicness:

- First off, the Title is Negative-LITERALLY
    - Second, Jaylock bro, Nah-Dood. Naw
    - Third, WoW is the most polished MMO in History, has made more world headlines, and more money than any mmo we will EVER see in the history of EVER.

Get over the fact that Sub Loss is always going to happen with an CIRCA 9 year old game (WOW RELEASED WITH HALO2?!?!?) - Get over it already

Most polished is a matter of opinion....I think quite a few other mmo's are more polished. Can't really compare Wow to halo 2 since they are two different types of games. As for the 9 yr old myth "9 year old game really means nothing. Mop is a year old...wow today and wow in 2004 are two different things. The 9 yr old game argument would work if they never dated it. So let me ask this How was the game gaining subs when it was a 1 -6 year old game and did not start losing more subs than it was gaining till Cataclysm? "All of a sudden oh shit the game is 7 years old it starts losing subs" Of course this has nothing to do with Blizzards actions"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Who cares? These threads always come up and nothing changes
    Well lots of things change to keep the subs in game. See lfr

Let's not forget they pushed back cr. I know several people that have taken the free seven days, seen that their server is still dead and said screw this game. People on the larger servers are getting to enjoy long ques and lag island. They have done a terrible job at server population for both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Let's not forget they pushed back cr. I know several people that have taken the free seven days, seen that their server is still dead and said screw this game. People on the larger servers are getting to enjoy long ques and lag island. They have done a terrible job at server population for both ends.
    Well that too. I don't see the 5.4 holding people that long

Final patch usually brings with it an influx of players who left a month after launch of the expansion.

Players get to play at the beginning doing all the quest zones. leave, and come back to fill in what they missed, then leave again until the next expansion. This type of wow players plays a total of 3-4 months out of each expansion, and yet gets to experience (especially now with lfr) almost the entire content (the exception being battlefield barrens this time).

If you like the game, but you are not totally addicted to it as a way of life, then this sub model works for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    Final patch usually brings with it an influx of players who left a month after launch of the expansion.

Players get to play at the beginning doing all the quest zones. leave, and come back to fill in what they missed, then leave again until the next expansion. This type of wow players plays a total of 3-4 months out of each expansion, and yet gets to experience (especially now with lfr) almost the entire content (the exception being battlefield barrens this time).

If you like the game, but you are not totally addicted to it as a way of life, then this sub model works for most people.
    true...Real question is how long will be have SoO for ? New xpac would have to hit beta soon