View Poll Results: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Voters
1318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-100k Sub Loss

    225 17.07%
  • 100k - 500k Sub Loss

    446 33.84%
  • 500k - 1M Sub Loss

    320 24.28%
  • Greater than 1 Million Sub Loss

    236 17.91%
  • Other

    91 6.90%
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Given at least a 6 month gap till the next expansion (and stiff competition from other gaming platforms) mists will likely be another net loss potentially bigger than Cataclysm. Just a question of how severe.
    The game is nearly 10 years old. It doesn't matter what Blizzard does. Even TBC 2.0 wouldn't bring people back long term. Now despite the substantial subscriber loss that is incoming, Wow will continue to be profitable and successful and that right there is what really burns you people up. Most of you seem to have this fantasy that there will be some magical number where Blizzard will decide enough is enough with the subscriber losses and come begging all the players they "abandoned" for forgiveness and offering to do anything and everything to get them back. In actuality Blizzard will just tell certain types of players to take a hike especially if what they want harms the long term future of the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    My prediction is that whatever number they will release, it will be wildly inflated with Asian 'subs' again. It wouldn't surprise me if EU + US combined is at less than 2 million by now.
    Paying accounts are paying accounts regardless of who they are, how much they pay, how they pay, why they pay, why they play, where they live, how many accounts they have and any other garbage you people come up with to try to downplay the numbers. The shareholders are interested in the bottom line which is profit and subscribers=profit. It really honest to god is just that simple. they don't give a fuck about the mindless agendas of those here on these forums.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Make no mistake Blizz fell in to that same trap with MoP, I get about 60fps in WoW except when I port in to Pandaira then my fps drops to 15-24fps ( with a crossfire set up), which is less than half of what I get in Rift with vastly superior graphic quality.

    Blizzard severely compromised performance for a slight boost graphic quality, a very bad decision on their part. It also shows just how bad their graphics engine is, when a 7-8 year old game still can't be run with all the bells and whistles on a modern system.

    If they want to extend this games life, perhaps the emphasis on the next expansion should be a new graphics engine.
    Blizzard has no choice but to gradually increase the system requirements of the game mostly for the simple fact that older hardware is no longer being supported not to mention the fact older operating systems are no longer being supported. Blizzard has to keep up with the technology much like anyone else. At the end of the day, the minimum system requirements for Wow are still dirt cheap and comparable to prices of similar systems from when Wow first launched.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok fine its set to start filming next year just like the few other times it was set to start filming...

    Ill believe the wow movie will release when it release's...

    With that said just because Blizzard may release a WOW movie dose not mean jack shit my point still stands. Gamers and others are tired of really bad Game to Movie makes what makes you think the WOW movie will do any better and also how will it fit in the LORE since wow's LORE is always changing. To me the movie if it even comes out is a cash grab nothing more and I have a gut feeling more people are going to hate it then like it. I did read that and I have read many times that it was set to be made and released in XXXX year so like I said ill believe its coming out when it finally dose.

    Also people seem to forget you don't have to like World Of Warcraft to like its Lore there is the TGC now Hearthstone and the Books so people could watch the movie and go "hey I want to read the book" not play some 10 year old MMO with a 15$ a month subfee ontop of the cost of each Box.

    I still feel wow is going to drop at lease 500k subs this quater and that is on the low.
    Was only pointing out what you got wrong, don't care about the rest.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    They can't, else how can they make you have to avoid their most coveted boss fight mechanism "stepping/standing in something" that is used in almost every fight?
    That is pretty much every raid boss fight ever in every mmo. What do you suggest instead? In fact if you think you can do better, Blizzard is hiring so why don't you show them how its done? All this armchair developer arrogance is getting incredibly tiresome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Gauging from the decrease of activity that I have seen on the servers that I play on, I think that wow is going to suffer more losses next quarter. Mostly because summer is over and schools and colleges are back in everywhere. I predict a loss of 600k-660k subs. Basically, the downward spiral continues.

    And que fanboy defense mechanism in 3..2..1

    [Infracted - Don't flamebait]
    And there is increased activity on the realms I play on. What does it mean? That players are shifting around due to the fact the last raid tier is out. it happens every raid tier. Yes there is subscriber loss but trying to pinpoint how much that loss is solely on realm activity is rather stupid and inaccurate. That isn't fanboyism, it is common sense something these forums are solely lacking.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    School is starting back up though, its only natural subs will drop as the tykes get back to class. Is it any wonder why EVERY DAMN GAME COMPANY in America releases games during the October-December timeframe? (Christmas and Black Friday, as well) Because games likely have a large drop in players. Not that the game/company is doing anything wrong, it just is what it is.
    Games are released year round and a significant amount of gamers are adults with full time jobs. Really just stop.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yes I am serious what is happening in 2014 or 2015 has nothing to with Q3 2013. I would love for people to return to the game as it would mine and everyone else's experience better.



    Haha! Good one! No one is going to spend over $100 on a Blizzcon ticket plus travel and accommodation if they are not already a Blizzard fan. The last Blizzcon did not result in increased subscribers why will this one?

    My question was aimed how Hearthstone was going to attract new players to WOW, why would someone who is not already a Warcraft fan play Hearthstone over more established card games? And how is HS going to convert them to WOW players?

    No it does not bother me that people like and support Blizzard products I like and support one of their products myself to the tune of £8.99 each month.
    What? I never said the people who go to Blizzcon aren't Blizzard fans. I simply stated many of them don't necessarily play Wow. Blizzcon is about more than Wow. You realize that right? It is one of the best ways Blizzard can cross promote all their games and expose them to a larger audience so it is rather ignorant to claim this won't have some effect on Wow subscriptions.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What? I never said the people who go to Blizzcon aren't Blizzard fans. I simply stated many of them don't necessarily play Wow. Blizzcon is about more than Wow. You realize that right? It is one of the best ways Blizzard can cross promote all their games and expose them to a larger audience so it is rather ignorant to claim this won't have some effect on Wow subscriptions.
    You said that Blizzcon would bring in new WOW players are you seriously suggesting that someone who is big enough fan of Blizzard to attend Blizzcon has not already heard of, their largest and most successful title, WOW?

    I never said that Blizzcon would not have an effect on the sub numbers it could be argued that the last one had a rather major effect with the introduction of the Annual Pass. However you stated that it would increase sub numbers and even went as far as to say ".. it is beyond ignorant to claim otherwise" I asked you why when the last Blizzcon did not result in increasing subs this one would. So, again, why will this Blizzcon cause ex-players to return or new players to pick up the game?
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-09-20 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    Was only pointing out what you got wrong, don't care about the rest.
    And there is your problem if you are going to quote someone's reply and try to belittle it quote the whole dam thing.

    I knew of it starting to film next year but my original point still stands.

    As I said ill believe it when I see it but even if it dose release that dose not mean it will have any effect on WOW at all. There is tons of people who enjoy Warcraft's Lore and has never played World Of Warcraft.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And there is your problem if you are going to quote someone's reply and try to belittle it quote the whole dam thing.

    I knew of it starting to film next year but my original point still stands.

    As I said ill believe it when I see it but even if it dose release that dose not mean it will have any effect on WOW at all. There is tons of people who enjoy Warcraft's Lore and has never played World Of Warcraft.
    I never said that it would have any effect on WoW, and I agree with your points. I'm just saying that I was pointing out what you got wrong, and you're entitled to your opinions.

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    I never said that it would have any effect on WoW, and I agree with your points. I'm just saying that I was pointing out what you got wrong, and you're entitled to your opinions.
    Np and I should have been more clear in my original post because I did know that they said they start filming next year but personally like I said until it release's I take anything said about the WOW movie with a grain of sault.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  8. #448
    I like how there's no option or even mention of sub increase.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    I like how there's no option or even mention of sub increase.
    Because good chance there won't be each sub drop has been 500k+ and blizzard stated that wow subs will be lower by the end of MOP.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  10. #450
    I think it will be bigger than last quarter... just going by the pop of the server I play on. It is really dead now... I know it is not the best estimation but I have nothing else to base on one.

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    I doubt that after recent news. WoW Korea was free to play for aynone until today. Inactive, active or new did not matter. It was free to log into the game. They could have pulled in 100k or 200k new player and won't have to call it a trial. Add the release of 5.4 to that and the peak might cover for any other loss.
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11&w=KR

    There's a whopping 12,705 active players in all of Korea. Down from 37k last week.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    I doubt that after recent news. WoW Korea was free to play for aynone until today. Inactive, active or new did not matter. It was free to log into the game. They could have pulled in 100k or 200k new player and won't have to call it a trial. Add the release of 5.4 to that and the peak might cover for any other loss.
    If it was free to play for them they will not count in the sub total because they did not pay to play they played a extended trial.

    Also we won't know how much 5.4 helped intil late Q3 early Q4 since it came out in the middle of Q3.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Of course it was higher last week. Last week was the first week after fees where dropped and 5.4 was launched.

    You are looking at active raiding level 90 character not all active player anyways. Player returning to the game or starting it do not instantly turn to level 90 unless they had one to beginn with. This isnt SoR or a free trial. They let in all player without charging a fee.
    And since they don't pay a sub fee they will not count in the sub numbers when the report comes in.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Of course it was higher last week. Last week was the first week after fees where dropped and 5.4 was launched.

    You are looking at active raiding level 90 character not all active player anyways. Player returning to the game or starting it do not instantly turn to level 90 unless they had one to beginn with. This isnt SoR or a free trial. They let in all player without charging a fee.
    Except those aren't all raiders. That's any active level 90.

    Over the last 5 weeks it went 93k > 78k > 61k > 37k > 12k

    Another free trial isn't going to save WoW or Korea.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Except those aren't all raiders. That's any active level 90.

    Over the last 5 weeks it went 93k > 78k > 61k > 37k > 12k

    Another free trial isn't going to save WoW or Korea.
    Hmm, you say a free trial will not save WOW Korea but you are forgetting their secret weapon... the experience boosting potion!

    Assuming that is not an error, I have had quick look and cannot find any news of Guildox being unable to collect Korean data, that is a staggering drop in activity if this data is correct WOW Korea now has a lower total population than some servers. I wonder how this will affect sub numbers and is China having the same problems?

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Don't even start. It is common knowledge that Blizzard only includes paying accounts in their subscription numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It is a subscription based game. Of course Blizzard is going to "milk" it. How about we stop referring to things that are common sense with insulting terms? The fact that you are surprised a business is trying to make a profit is far more insulting than anything Blizzard could ever do or say. Like I said before, if this is an issue for some people they are more than welcome to unsub until LFR is completely open. Blizzard makes a profit either way.
    That doesn't change the fact that "milking" ONE EXTRA MONTH out of players wouldn't be necessary if the content itself was good enough to engage players for 5 weeks on its own.

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    All reputable online game metrics contradict this kind of decline. Korean population grew or remained stable. So these guildox figures appear to fall short on reliability for population tracking.

    gamenote.com
    up from 10th to 6th place
    gametrics.com
    stable 12th or 13th
    gamereport.netimo.net
    stable 12th or 13th
    I am not saying that Guildox is reliable, however running the links through Google translate; the first has WOW at number seven with a two in the change column, with an arrow pointing downwards which appears to indicate a drop in activity. And I cannot find any mention of WOW on the other two only Warcraft 3. Unless I am reading this wrong the first site does agree with Guildox that there is a decline.

    Does anyone have a reliable source as to what is happening with WOW Korea?
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-09-21 at 10:50 PM.

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    All reputable online game metrics contradict this kind of decline. Korean population grew or remained stable. So these guildox figures appear to fall short on reliability for population tracking.

    gamenote.com
    up from 10th to 6th place
    gametrics.com
    stable 12th or 13th
    gamereport.netimo.net
    stable 12th or 13th
    Actually ALL games in korea except LOL is in decline, so wow is declining in fact (slowly, because the people who remain to the last are ones who will stick around for long time). Just other games are declining too so the chart remains stable

    We have free trials for 2 weeks so it naturally went up

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    All reputable online game metrics contradict this kind of decline. Korean population grew or remained stable. So these guildox figures appear to fall short on reliability for population tracking.
    Guildox is endorsed by Blizzard, has been around for years and uses the same armory that Wowprogress uses. There is no question as to it's accuracy.

    http://www.guildox.com/about
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Guildox is endorsed by Blizzard, has been around for years and uses the same armory that Wowprogress uses. There is no question as to it's accuracy.

    http://www.guildox.com/about
    I think we need to be cautious about the data that Guildox is providing in regards to Korea as the decline is so sharp. Is there an issue with the WOW Korea Armoury site? Or is there problem with Guildox itself?

    If the data is accurate this is a truly staggering as it appears that about 80% of players have been lost in just over a month. Are there any Korean players that post here that can shed some light on what is happening with WOW Korea?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •