View Poll Results: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Voters
1318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-100k Sub Loss

225 17.07%
  • 100k - 500k Sub Loss

446 33.84%
  • 500k - 1M Sub Loss

320 24.28%
  • Greater than 1 Million Sub Loss

236 17.91%
  • Other

91 6.90%
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To the people talking about Korea. Seems to be some major rage going on there from PVP.

If you are not able to control and manage problems in your service, it is the sin to continue providing your contents.

In Korea, there have been lots of serious problems, especially PVP contents.

First of all, 13 season was f*** up by a group so called "Pooh WOW". They are paid by some poor customers and they use some kind of bug to make their customers "Hero of Alliance or Horde". As a result, unreasonable things happened. Look out the following pic.

Yeah, it is a reality made by Blizzard Korea As you figure out the pic, this hunter (Item lvl 427, even he has no trinket..) is the Hero of Horde in 13 season. This is the one of representative examples, if you want to see more examples, search these characters – disame, deadlift, rolang , alecbaldwin, goks.

The group “Pooh WOW” is even now continuing their work in 14 season, and you can easily find their advertising comments in Elwin Forest or Public message in the city. H*** Yeah

Okay, Korean users have enough patient to ignore this trash incident, “just in the past”.

But, today (2013-09-22) the Hall of f*** event in Korea is happened. It is not Autumn Beer Festival. That’s why a Korean guy is here in US website, and complains blah blah blah. In US and EU, we know about the problem of conquest points cap – tend to acquire more than 1800 or 2200 – and same thing happened in Korea, too. Yeah it seems global error, OK it is not the first thing. We heard that the error was fixed early without appearing conquest vendors in US and “a few” players’ gears were withdrawn in EU. I think it is very quick and reasonable reactions. But how about in Korea?

A half of players in BG and Arena wear Full Grievous Gear Sets. Yeah right, Full Grievous ( 14 Season ). We all know that the new 14 season started 4 days ago…But See these players.

<A player with Full 14 season gears (522) – even he is Malevolent gladiator>

<Another player with Full 14 season gears (Item lvl 526)>

<Can you see these equips even in Korean? I think you must know because you designed these>

More fun is here, some guy get the PvP mount (100wins in 3vs3 arena), using these situations

These are not entire examples, more players have their cap 28200 and they are keep going on buying whole 14 season gears. Is this the true purpose of Blizzard?? Players with Grievous gears appear in BG, 2vs2 and 3vs3, and then normal users have been beaten down. Their ratings are continuing go high, and we think they are frozen in 2500 or 2700, that is they become Grievous gladiator in 4 days !

We are deprived of the equality of opportunity, and Blizzard Korea is not handling anything at all. Why are normal and common users damaged by these bullsh** error???? Even we pay our money legally.

Don’t consider this incident and writings simple complaining, it can be happened in any service provided by Blizzard. (I should have known it when D3 was trash)

Plus. Reactions of Korean users in community site
    (http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2368)
    +2975 articles in just one day.

-When you come to this site, you will be ready to face the funeral.
    -They are going to move on US server, if there are no any changes.
    - So many players who enjoyed PVP contents are already quit or going to quit this game because of this incident.
    -Some request refund and argue more than half of users in Arena are wearing 5~6 Grievous gears.
    -You can easily find out the Full gears players next to conquest vendors right now.

http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/forum/topic/2713761385

Holinka

even said a comment about it

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/381652823647068160

Originally Posted by Holinka
    Totally understand the complaints about how this PvP season has begun. We are working hard to correct the problem properly.
    Stuff like that might be a reason why wow korea is hurting

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Stuff like that might be a reason why wow korea is hurting
    Could be part of the problem but the decline in the Guildox data goes back several weeks and pre-dates 5.4 and the start of the latest PVP season. An interesting point in the post you linked says that players are moving to US servers I wonder if it has got to the point where Korean servers are so empty that players have decided to move to more populated US realms thus accelerating the decline in the Korean WOW population and if so I am not sure if it is an issue that Blizzard will be too concerned about.

Q3: 300k lost - low because of 5.4
    Q4: 300-500k lost - Blizzcon and pre expansion hype keep it low
    Burning Legion expansion: 2M+ gained and going stable for a while
    no BL expansion: <1M gained and quickly losing subs

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    If a Burning Legion expansion is in line, why would they resubscribe now? Surely they'd wait until the expansion actually hit.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    There has been no meaningful gain in subs, outside of an expansion release, since the beginning of Wrath. Where subs increased to 12 million and then stagnated around the 11.5 million mark throughout the expansion before, again, climbing to 12 million at the beginning of Cata, apart from a bump in subs at the beginning of MOP they have been in free fall ever since. Players are not going to return just on the announcement of an expansion which might be several months away and despite a great deal of excitement on these forums about a Burning Legion themed expac I do not think it will be that successful in attracting new or returning players. The gap between next expansion and TBC is, now, too great many of the players it would appeal to will have moved on a number of years ago and they would be required to buy and play through expansions that have previously not held any interest for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    If more players quit then that's good.

Chances are they are casual and that means less crappy players to have an unfortunate experience by playing this game together with them in LFD or LFR.
    *facepalm*

Chances are they are paying for subs, which means less money if they quit, aka less money for your raids
    Also, dont compare casuals to bads
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Could be part of the problem but the decline in the Guildox data goes back several weeks and pre-dates 5.4 and the start of the latest PVP season. An interesting point in the post you linked says that players are moving to US servers I wonder if it has got to the point where Korean servers are so empty that players have decided to move to more populated US realms thus accelerating the decline in the Korean WOW population and if so I am not sure if it is an issue that Blizzard will be too concerned about.

Idk....seems that korea wow has a huge pvp issue

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    *facepalm*

Chances are they are paying for subs, which means less money if they quit, aka less money for your raids
    Also, dont compare casuals to bads
    How so? Subscriptions don't always correlate with content. EQ1 has been around nearly 15 years and they are releasing its 20th expansion next month and they have only recently gone free to play (and as many other mmos are doing now also provide normal subscription option). That game never broke 1 million subscriptions and they haven't had over 500k for many years and yet there is consistent and constant updates through expansions and patches. Wow has lost over 5 million subscriptions and what is Blizzard's reaction? To hire more developers and artists for Wow and continue to increase the team size so they can release monthly content patches and yearly expansions. So can we please dispense with this nonsense that lost subscriptions means less content and support? It's a flat out lie perpetuated by bitter butthurt players who can't deal with the fact Blizzard has basically told them to fuck off and only wish to see Blizzard, Wow and this community die a slow painful death rather than move on with their lives.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2013-09-25 at 09:35 PM.

The 3rd quarter call will be just before Blizzcon, right?

It's getting close, i would say around 500k loss. Yeah, even with 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    The 3rd quarter call will be just before Blizzcon, right?
    The Q3 call will be in early November.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

I predict sub loss around 0.5M.

It will get much worse between the last raid and the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Who cares?

Why is it that the same few people seemingly <snip>
    Just shut it, you and the other moralists and superior types. It's just simple prediction, like a bet. It will go down, big deal, the game survives. It's called tracking a trend.

Reassess your role as 'educator of the world' and how the world really sees you as to your qualifications.

Since Q3 is around November....my best guess would be 500K to 1M.Sure,patch 5.4 is still relatively new,but we are still left hanging with SoO till the next expansion hits,or at least until 5.5.
    Sub numbers may also increase or even decrease depending on what the next expansion will be.We all remember how it looked when MoP was announced. :P
    This profile doesn't have a signature.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Since Q3 is around November....my best guess would be 500K to 1M.Sure,patch 5.4 is still relatively new,but we are still left hanging with SoO till the next expansion hits,or at least until 5.5.
    Sub numbers may also increase or even decrease depending on what the next expansion will be.We all remember how it looked when MoP was announced. :P
    And then most of the people or "kids" left who dislikes the idea about pandas. That being said, I'm still sure it wont be down more than 700k.

Blizzard has added quite a bit of content to their game, so I will be interested to see what happens. Yes, the game is aging, probably not enticing / drawing many new players, but I think they may have a bigger "hard-core" fan-base than many speculate.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Why playing an MMORPG is like dating
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"

Since Q3 is around November....my best guess would be 500K to 1M.
    The Q3 announcement is in November. The data that they are announcing, however, is for the period from July 1 - Sept 30.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Don't think there will be that big a drop, there's been no good MMO's released this year, since Wildstar, Elder Scrolls and EQ Next don't arrive till Easter next year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Don't think there will be that big a drop, there's been no good MMO's released this year, since Wildstar, Elder Scrolls and EQ Next don't arrive till Easter next year at least.
    There's been plenty of decline already this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Just shut it, you and the other moralists and superior types. It's just simple prediction, like a bet. It will go down, big deal, the game survives. It's called tracking a trend.

Reassess your role as 'educator of the world' and how the world really sees you as to your qualifications.
    Maybe you should educate yourself first. This thread was made less than two weeks after the Q2 call with the sole intention of bleating once again about how terrible this game supposedly is and how soon it will die. If anyone else but Jaylock had made this thread I wouldn't be nearly as cynical about the purpose of this thread. As far as tracking trends go, most people who come here are bitter about Wow and Blizzard and any "predictions" they make aren't based on the state of the game but on how much they personally dislike the game. They can't comprehend that anyone else could possibly like a game they no longer enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Mop could have been TBC 2.0 and this next expansion could have been TBC 3.0 and people would have still quit the game. No mmo is going to hold player interest forever. It just doesn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    I like how even to this day people are still claiming new mmos will be good before they have even been released.

I'm hoping for no sub loss, but who knows. Also if they release a expansion or a cool patch, I expect a sub gain instead.