Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    down 600k i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    Not true. Vivendi and Activision were Merged and Activision became a part of Vivendi.
    Nope, you're wrong. Activision NEVER became part of Vivendi. At no point did Vivendi ever own 100% of Activision.

What happened is that a deal was struck that folded Blizzard into Activision, and in return gave Vivendi a controlling share of the stock in the resulting entity (which was renamed from Activision to Activision-Blizzard). However, Activision's previous shareholders also retained ownership interest in this merged company. At no point was Activision, or Activision-Blizzard, 100% owned by Vivendi.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Down anywhere between 500-800k if I had to bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    I reckon another huge sub loss. Final Fantasy 14s release (regardless of whether you think its a good game or not) I think will have severely dented the sub numbers. I also think they game has become incredibly stale, facereoll and boring until you hit normal mode by which time I'm already burnt out of the content. I voted over a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The quarterly report isn't until this afternoon.
    It's already out. However, only investors can see it. I would post an screenshot but I don't want to break the NDA. It will be released to the public later today.

Subs dropped by 1.3 million.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    It's already out. However, only investors can see it. I would post an screenshot but I don't want to break the NDA. It will be released to the public later today.
    This is bullshit, you know. The report has to be made available to the public at the same time as "investors" (which is actually everyone) can see it.

See SEC Regulation FD. http://www.sec.gov/answers/regfd.htm
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-11-06 at 03:02 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

So what do I get if you're lying through your teeth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I reckon another huge sub loss. Final Fantasy 14s release (regardless of whether you think its a good game or not) I think will have severely dented the sub numbers. I also think they game has become incredibly stale, facereoll and boring until you hit normal mode by which time I'm already burnt out of the content. I voted over a million.
    I also voted over 1 mill.. they really need to do something to attract new players. New models will help somewhat in that area i guess.
    Blizzcon must have quite some news for us, not just raising the level cap, new continent etc... there must be something to appeal to new people.
    Also I think blizz needs to think about how casuals play games and try to attract a lot more than they have now.

Deleted

You have quite the impressive posting history!
    All those nearly identical threads that get closed all the time. You most be so proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    We're down to roughly 2,5m subscribers in US + EU combined apparently, according to the investors site.
    How vague! "The investors site"?

Conveniently, you gave no link.

If I look at investor.activision.com, they only have the Q2 numbers (and earlier), not the Q3 numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think these people are trolling... it is illegal to give insider information to anyone before the results are announced. Doing so could influence the market today, giving people a chance to buy or dump stock before the general investing public is informed. I would be completely surprised if A/B released anything to anyone, even by accident. There are fines involved with such behavior AT THE LEAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If I look at investor.activision.com, they only have the Q2 numbers (and earlier), not the Q3 numbers.
    The question is: Are you an investor?

Why do you even look the investor's site if you're not an investor?

The question is: Are you an investor?

Why am I looking at it? So I check if you are lying.

SEC Regulation FD -- go and read it, mkay?

If a publically traded company releases information to investors, they are required by this regulation to simultaneously release it to the public.

5.4 will soften the blow but a subscriber loss is inevitable. I expect at least 800K-1M. They'll likely keep the number above 7M if they lost 800K. Under 7M would cause controversy.
    Last edited by Peso; 2013-11-06 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Depends on what type of information it is.
    "Material Information", meaning any information that can affect the stock price. WoW active account numbers certainly qualify.

Are you guys look at the General forum thread where someone wrote 1.3 million? He linked to the signup page for the call, which hasn't occurred yet. Foolish of you to think the quote was real.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    5.4 will soften the blow but a subscriber loss is inevitable. I expect at least 800K-1M. They'll likely keep the number above 7M if they lost 800K. Under 6M would cause controversy.
    I'm guessing we'll be 7-7.2M at this point. It's pretty clear that the subs are finally dropping to a point where it's having a negative impact on the game (tank shortages) so expect to see a lot of talk about easing that impact on Friday.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What? Why would you not look at it? Investor sites are for the public, not just those currently holding the company's shares.

Why the fuck does anyone care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm guessing we'll be 7-7.2M at this point. It's pretty clear that the subs are finally dropping to a point where it's having a negative impact on the game (tank shortages) so expect to see a lot of talk about easing that impact on Friday.
    Yeah. I'm waiting for them to nerf LFR to the point where it can be tanked by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Why the fuck does anyone care.
    Because what happens to the game is strongly linked to the subscriber numbers.