Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    There is nothing wrong with what he said. In fact, your response to him is more cringe worthy.
    Unending cult like support for any company is cringe worthy, especially when you start seeing hyper-unrealistic generalizations and expectations to the point of lunacy.

Its up to you, to think otherwise. Meanwhile ill enjoy sharing this cringe with thousands of strangers on other sites.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Amazing job to Blizzard. They really didn't lose as many people as nearly anyone expected. The game is in a better position moving forward than most would have guessed on this forums, this morning.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, WoW is losing money?

Why would you assume that?

comparing Financial Reports wow is generating less money than before

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Once again...WoW is still making plenty of PROFIT.......not as much profit as it was...but still millions upon millions in profit

The profit margin is at a very high level still and will be even if subs dropped by a considerable margin....maybe you should check into your financial reports a little more? They have a very healthy profit margin still despite what some would like to think or portray lol.
    Last edited by pallyopness; 2013-11-06 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Once again...WoW is still making plenty of PROFIT.......not as much profit as it was...but still millions upon millions in profit
    The truth is that WoW's revenue for 2013 will probably be around 850-900 million dollars...

Only GTA, COD can come up with these numbers in ... the year they are .. launched... and they are cross platform even.

This for a 9 year old game where you need to pay 180 dollars ... to keep playing in our regions ...

And ... 2013 was a year without the extra revenue of an expansion.

Now add the new f2p HS ( unique for a Blizzard game) and the upcoming f2p Blizzard Dota ... and you know these hate guys have a long long weekend ahead fighting the white elephant.

Succes to them...

It looks like the free 7 days occurred right at the end of September.
    And this data closed on Sept 30th. That seems really fishy to me.
    Like they just did something to quickly raise the active accounts by 200-400k.
    Maybe they saw it could be as high as 500k and they needed to reduce it since Q4 could be just as bad.
    (100k loss then a 600k loss -during a slow time- doesn't sound as bad as a 400k, 400k)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Maybe they saw it could be as high as 500k and they needed to reduce it since Q4 could be just as bad.
    (100k loss then a 600k loss -during a slow time- doesn't sound as bad as a 400k, 400k)
    LMFAO give it up....conspiracy theorists unite when its not as bad as people thought hahahahahaha....typical doomsday sayers.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Unending cult like support for any company is cringe worthy, especially when you start seeing hyper-unrealistic generalizations and expectations to the point of lunacy.

Its up to you, to think otherwise. Meanwhile ill enjoy sharing this cringe with thousands of strangers on other sites.
    Please show me the first /cringe post that was "loved" according to you. And there was nothing "hyper-unrealistic" in his post.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean is it not making massive profits.

I don't know how many times it has been said, but Blizzard publishes how it counts subscribers, and it doesn't include anyone playing *solely* on free time (trials, promotions, etc). Maybe some of those promotional people stayed on for a month because they liked what they saw initially, then got bored, and unsubbed. That's still a subscriber, and it's still crazy good marketing by Blizz to do those promotions like that.

10+ Year Old Account

The profit margin is at a very high level still and will be even if subs dropped by a considerable margin....maybe you should check into your financial reports a little more? They have a very healthy profit margin still despite what some would like to think or portray lol.
    Oh I never said it was not healthy I was merely pointing out that the amount of the amount of profit wow is generating is less every quarter

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post

The difference here is that this dude bought masses of ATVI stock at 12 and 13 dollars a few years back.

Enjoy your games, I'll profit both ways anyway.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-11-06 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

They don't count the 7 day free back, only active subs

Well Wow been losing revenue every quarter while COD and Skylanders are making it hand over fist
    Not really sure what your point is? WoW is still in the green. So long as it's bringing in more than it costs to produce there's no problem as far as investors are concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Not really sure what your point is? WoW is still in the green. So long as it's bringing in more than it costs to produce there's no problem as far as investors are concerned.
    I was debunking the myth activision blizzard is making all of its money off wow

Oh I never said it was not healthy I was merely pointing out that the amount of the amount of profit wow is generating is less every quarter
    Ignoring the fact that only GTA and COD for this year's launch made more money than 9 year old WoW is rather telling.

Also 2013 did not have a new expansion, so the total revenue of 2014 will probably beat 1 billion dollars again.

If not do enjoy the new money streams of HS and Blizzard's dota in that year.

Lost cause.

LMFAO give it up....conspiracy theorists unite when its not as bad as people thought hahahahahaha....typical doomsday sayers.
    Give what up? It is a typical PR scheme. Instead of 2 bad quarters back to back, which could cause stocks to have issues.
    They make it look like one is just ok, and then they had just slow/bad one.
    (and say in the next meeting they expected a slow Q4 and are going to be releasing an expansion soon 'so don't worry')
    This has nothing to do with wow failing or any such thing - it is doing amazing for its age.
    Looks like management just tried to pad their numbers to have a good quarter.
    Quit making assumptions on peoples intentions.

-if people activate the free 7 days at the end of Sept. they would have been active accounts.
    Free time is the same as Pre-paid time.

-if people activate the free 7 days at the end of Sept. they would have been active accounts.
    Free time is the same as Pre-paid time.
    No it isn't. They specifically say it isn't.

or how about as is stated...trials and free accounts do not count towards active subs lol....its not guessing your intention...you are bringing to the table falsities and trying to draw the links when in actuality there is no links to draw from it. Meaning you are ignoring facts due to an agenda you are trying to push. lol

Deleted
    I was expecting alot bigger hit.
    Damn Blizzard, goodjob.
    With f2p cardgame, moba and new expansions for WoW and Diablo they seem to have strong year ahead of them when it comes to making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohveli View Post
    I was expecting alot bigger hit.
    Damn Blizzard, goodjob.
    With f2p cardgame, moba and new expansions for WoW and Diablo they seem to have strong year ahead of them when it comes to making money.
    Indeed.

And that's why these "discussions" are useless as Blizzard has many more money streams in the pipeline than WoW subscriptions.

So "financially" this subscription focus lost its interest now that WoW is just a part of it all.

And player wise ... these discussions are complete OBSOLETE as connected realms solve the empty realms/weak economies forever.

So tell me haters, why the fuzz ?

sigh: another bunch of frustrated guys putting up a green smile I guess tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

sigh: another bunch of frustrated guys putting up a green smile I guess tonight...
    A lot of them on this thread, were really excited for today because they assumed huge losses. Now they have to wait till next quarter, because all that work was for nothing because the loss was insignificant (1.3%)