Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Fast Legendary Cloak Guide

Fast Legendary Cloak
    Have a raid or PvP obligation the night of the patch release? Well, if you do and you already have your epic cloak, this is the guide for you.

Edit: Verified 100% Working on Live servers! Completed my Legendary cloak in 30 minutes 50 seconds from login to finish!

Brief Checklist

Total time commitment: 45 mins to 90 mins

1. Turn in A Flash of Bronze… (Alliance / Horde) to Chromie at the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and pick up the followup.
    2. Go to the Veiled Stair and turn in Preparing to Strike to Wrathion. Pick up A Timeless Discovery.
    3. Use the item Curious Bronze Timepiece.
    4. Turn in the quest you have to the NPC in front of you, grab the nearby flight point, and head to The Celestial Court in the center of the Isle.
    5. Turn in both quests you have and pick up three new ones: Secrets of the Timeless Isle and The Emperor's Way from Wrathion and A Timeless Tour from Kairoz.
    6. Defeat the four Celestial world bosses to complete The Emperor's Way. (Time commitment: 20 min to 40 min)
    7. Head to the Misty Strand in the NW part of the Timeless Isle to complete part of A Timeless Tour.
    8. Go to Old Pi'jiu, located south of the Celestial Court, to complete another part of A Timeless Tour.
    9. Head east up the road to the Firewalker Ruins to complete yet another part of A Timeless Tour.
    10. Jump off the cliff to the east (carefully) so that you end up in the "Croaked Hollow" with all the Gulp Frogs.
    11. Retrieve the majority of the chests from this map. Check the other section for a code box with a TomTom macro to make this easier. You can also just stop and go to the next step once you have 3500 coins because the rest of the guide will get you an easy 1500. (Time commitment: 10 min to 20 min)
    12. Go into the Cavern of Lost Spirits, located NE of the Celestial Court, to complete the last step of A Timeless Tour.
    13. Turn in A Timeless Tour and pick up its followup, The Essence of Time.
    14. Kill a few nearby elite cranes and yaks to get an Epoch Stone.
    15. Turn in your quest and then Wrathion's quests and pick up the followup, A Pandaren Legend.
    16. Hearth back to Vale and get your Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight (!) from Wrathion at the Seat of Knowledge, where Chromie was originally.

Detailed Guide
    Assuming this is your first time logging in after Patch 5.4.0, start off by turning in the quest A Flash of Bronze… (Alliance / Horde), which was added to your quest log when you logged in. The turn-in NPC is Chromie, who is hanging out on a balcony of the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale. She will give you another quest and an item, but ignore those for a moment. Head east to the Veiled Stair and pay a visit to Wrathion. Turn in your old quest, Preparing to Strike, and pick up A Timeless Discovery. Now, use the item that Chromie gave you earlier, Curious Bronze Timepiece, to teleport to the Timeless Isle.

Turn in your quest from Chromie to the NPC in front of you when you zone in, and pick up the followup quest, which is just a redirect that points you towards the Celestial Court. Grab the flight point, and follow the quests you have towards the Celestial Court in the center of the Isle. Turn in both quests you have and pick up three new ones: Secrets of the Timeless Isle and The Emperor's Way from Wrathion and A Timeless Tour from Kairoz. Do NOT accept and complete the other quest offered called "Time In Your Hands". It will cost you 1000 Timeless Coins to complete, and that's the opposite of what you want right now since you need 5000 Timeless Coins for Wrathion. I totally recommend you do that quest at some point in the future since it opens up several other quests, but just… not right now.

The main goal here is to get 5000 Timeless Coins and the four Celestial world boss kills as soon as possible because that is the only thing standing between you and your legendary cloak now. There should be constant raid groups forming for the Celestials, and the Celestials cycle in order so you can fight them all quickly, one at a time. The only issue is that they are faction-tagged, which means that you will have to wait until your faction gets the tag. If you're on a realm and faction that suffers from a massive population imbalance, this could be a major pain and vastly increase the required time for completion. Otherwise, you should at least get one out of every two Celestial spawns and should get the four you need within a half hour tops since players will be killing them very quickly, eager to get their cloaks and/or a shot at ilvl 553 T16.

I recommend joining up with active raid groups who are also fighting the Celestials. Even though you can complete the quests without them, you will want the extra healing from raid healers to stay alive. There is a LOT of AoE damage that goes out on the Celestial fights. Most of it is avoidable, but you likely don't know the specific animations to watch out for yet, and even if you do, some of the damage isn't avoidable.

After beating the four Celestials, head around to the various areas of the Timeless Isle for your other quest. Start by heading up to The Misty Strand, which is in the NW part of the Timeless Isle. After you get there, head south to Old Pi'jiu and then follow the road to the east through Firewalker Ruins to until you reach a bridge. Instead of taking the bridge, jump off (carefully so you don't die) to the east into the area below with a bunch of frogs (don't pull them all and die that way either).

Now, ignore the quest for now and focus on these chests' coordinates because you'll complete more of the quest automatically while following this bit. Here's a map for the chests, all of the "2"s mark a chest with a high amount of Timeless Coins.

To use the code below, you must have TomTom installed. Simply select the text in the "code" block and press CTRL+C, then go into WoW, type /m and hit "New" to create a new macro. Name the macro whatever and leave the icon blank (doesn't matter), and then press CTRL+V in the text box there to paste the code into the macro. Hit save and drag the macro to your bar somewhere and click it. Clicking the macro should add all of the waypoints to your map, and afterwards, you can remove the macro.

Code:
    /way 63.8, 59.2
    /way 65.6, 47.8
    /way 58, 50.8
    /way 55.6, 44.4
    /way 51.2, 46
    /way 46.8, 46.8
    /way 47, 53.7
    /way 44.2, 65.2
    /way 52.8, 63
    /way 53, 70.8
    /way 49.8, 65.8
    /way 60.4, 66.2
    /way 65, 75.6
    /cway
    There are 13 chests in total in that list/map, but you only need to get to up to a total of 3500 Timeless Coins for this step. Each chest will give a minimum of 250 Timeless Coins. These specific chests were selected because they provide the most Timeless Coins per time spent on the entire island, so you can get 5000 as fast as possible. After you've looted 12 of the chests, head into the last unexplored area (The Cavern of Lost Spirits) to complete A Timeless Tour. Now, head back to the Celestial Court and turn it in.

You will get a follow-up quest, The Essence of Time. This quest is absurdly easy. It requires a single Epoch Stone, which drops about 50% of the time from elite mobs on the Isle and about 10% of the time from non-elite mobs on the Isle. Just kill a few nearby elite Cranes or Yaks to get the stone you need. Turn in that quest to get a weekly version you can do later and more importantly, 1000 Timeless Coins.

Quick Timeless Coin Recap
    1. Time Keeper Kairoz (Alliance / Horde): 100 Timeless Coins
    2. Celestial World Boss kill: 100 Timeless Coins (200 Total)
    3. High-Coin Chests (x13): 3300 Timeless Coins minimum (3500 Total minimum)
    4. A Timeless Tour: 500 Timeless Coins (4000 Total minimum)
    5. The Essence of Time: 1000 Timeless Coins (5000 Total minimum)

You should now have enough Timeless Coins to give to Wrathion, so walk over to his location on the Timeless Isle and turn in both quests to him. He will then give you the legendary cloak quest itself, A Pandaren Legend. Hearth back to your capital in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and head to the Seat of Knowledge to turn it in, receive your Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight, and have your character displayed in the air in the Vale for a little while after the turn-in.

Congratulations on your new legendary cloak, and I hope this guide was helpful in quickly achieving the final steps of the quest line.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-10 at 06:27 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I read somewhere that u are to receive the legendary after 4 weeks. I tried to find something in this very guide but it seems excluded(?). Are u able to get the cloak the first week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this should be useful thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    I read somewhere that u are to receive the legendary after 4 weeks. I tried to find something in this very guide but it seems excluded(?). Are u able to get the cloak the first week?
    If you have all the 5.3 stuff done, then the 5.4 part can take just a day.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you get 3500 coins from VP?

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I can't remember where I read it, but I think someone mentioned you need a certain rep before being able to purchase them with VP. I can't see anything on wowhead about it though.

OT: Awesome guide Simca, thank you very much, this will make patch day a little less stressful.

If you are able to get honored with Emperor Shaohao yes: Pouch of Timeless Coins

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    If you are able to get honored with Emperor Shaohao yes: Pouch of Timeless Coins
    Much obliged for that info Chaud^

Sure, if you're honored with Shoahoa.

Or, you know, you could knock out quests and loot chests for, oh, 25min.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Sure, if you're honored with Shoahoa.

Or, you know, you could knock out quests and loot chests for, oh, 25min.
    I'd prefer the fastest way! btw thanks Chaud besides I have 3k points on most of my toons :O

I'd prefer the fastest way! btw thanks Chaud besides I have 3k points on most of my toons :O
    Making Honored with Shaohoa will take significantly longer.

Are the chests fast respawns/lootable by everyone? Because if they despawn after being looted it won't be plausible to get all the chests quickly at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    You can get credit for all 4 Celestials in the same week or even same day. Only loot is weekly shared between Celestials, not quest credit.

Yeah, I considered the Shaohao route but I think it'd be very, very unlikely for it to be faster in the majority of circumstances. It would require something like 600 Elite kills (for pure grinding) or require you to spend 1000 coins to unlock the Shaohao quest line + tons more grinding anyway.

It would only be faster if you'd already spent a lot of time on the Isle when you went to do the cloak quest. Maybe if you had an entire 25-man guild chain pulling mass sections of elites, but I think you may be limited by respawn rate just enough that chests would still be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Are the chests fast respawns/lootable by everyone? Because if they despawn after being looted it won't be plausible to get all the chests quickly at all.
    Yes, they respawn after 1-2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yes, they respawn after 1-2 seconds.
    Does this mean I can camp by one chest and chain loot it, or is there some limitation in place?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Does this mean I can camp by one chest and chain loot it, or is there some limitation in place?
    The chests that give out lots of stuff (in this case coins) are only lootable once per character.

I only happen to know they respawn fast because a couple times other people have beaten me to a chest, only for it to pop immediately back up after they loot it.

Yeah, I considered the Shaohao route but I think it'd be very, very unlikely for it to be faster in the majority of circumstances. It would require something like 600 Elite kills (for pure grinding) or require you to spend 1000 coins to unlock the Shaohao quest line + tons more grinding anyway.
    Pouches are really only sensible as a Valor dump in the last few months of this expansion if you are still working towards the 100k coins needed for your Shaohao mount.

The chests that give out lots of stuff (in this case coins) are only lootable once per character.

I only happen to know they respawn fast because a couple times other people have beaten me to a chest, only for it to pop immediately back up after they loot it.
    Chests like the Moss-Covered and Sturdy are actually personal, like the weekly Isle of Thunder chest, and their positions are set. Doesn't matter if someone beats you to them because they don't actually go anywhere and you're entitled to each one once. Chests like the various pirate ones that require platforming or swimming challenges reset on a weekly basis but only contain moderate awards. Lesser Charms and a few Timeless Coins, namely.
    Last edited by Salted Beef; 2013-09-09 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Specifics

Awesome guide, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about the timeless coins.

When in a group are the coins dropped by mobs lootable by all players in the group, like how if a lesser charm drops everyone in the group can loot it, or is it first come first serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Question about the timeless coins.

When in a group are the coins dropped by mobs lootable by all players in the group, like how if a lesser charm drops everyone in the group can loot it, or is it first come first serve?
    loot is personal and depend on your contribution
    i give u example if you do 1 hit on the 170m hp ship you will get less coins then those that been there since the start
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    loot is personal and depend on your contribution
    i give u example if you do 1 hit on the 170m hp ship you will get less coins then those that been there since the start
    Some of my guildies and I were thinking about a coin farming group. If I kill a standard mob and it drops, lets say, 10 coins, if only I damage it will the other players get any coins off it or get nothing due to not contributing to the kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16