Fast Legendary Cloak
Have a raid or PvP obligation the night of the patch release? Well, if you do and you already have your epic cloak, this is the guide for you.
Edit: Verified 100% Working on Live servers! Completed my Legendary cloak in 30 minutes 50 seconds from login to finish!
Total time commitment: 45 mins to 90 mins
- Turn in A Flash of Bronze… (Alliance / Horde) to Chromie at the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and pick up the followup.
- Go to the Veiled Stair and turn in Preparing to Strike to Wrathion. Pick up A Timeless Discovery.
- Use the item Curious Bronze Timepiece.
- Turn in the quest you have to the NPC in front of you, grab the nearby flight point, and head to The Celestial Court in the center of the Isle.
- Turn in both quests you have and pick up three new ones: Secrets of the Timeless Isle and The Emperor's Way from Wrathion and A Timeless Tour from Kairoz.
- Defeat the four Celestial world bosses to complete The Emperor's Way. (Time commitment: 20 min to 40 min)
- Head to the Misty Strand in the NW part of the Timeless Isle to complete part of A Timeless Tour.
- Go to Old Pi'jiu, located south of the Celestial Court, to complete another part of A Timeless Tour.
- Head east up the road to the Firewalker Ruins to complete yet another part of A Timeless Tour.
- Jump off the cliff to the east (carefully) so that you end up in the "Croaked Hollow" with all the Gulp Frogs.
- Retrieve the majority of the chests from this map. Check the other section for a code box with a TomTom macro to make this easier. You can also just stop and go to the next step once you have 3500 coins because the rest of the guide will get you an easy 1500. (Time commitment: 10 min to 20 min)
- Go into the Cavern of Lost Spirits, located NE of the Celestial Court, to complete the last step of A Timeless Tour.
- Turn in A Timeless Tour and pick up its followup, The Essence of Time.
- Kill a few nearby elite cranes and yaks to get an Epoch Stone.
- Turn in your quest and then Wrathion's quests and pick up the followup, A Pandaren Legend.
- Hearth back to Vale and get your Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight (!) from Wrathion at the Seat of Knowledge, where Chromie was originally.
Assuming this is your first time logging in after Patch 5.4.0, start off by turning in the quest A Flash of Bronze… (Alliance / Horde), which was added to your quest log when you logged in. The turn-in NPC is Chromie, who is hanging out on a balcony of the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale. She will give you another quest and an item, but ignore those for a moment. Head east to the Veiled Stair and pay a visit to Wrathion. Turn in your old quest, Preparing to Strike, and pick up A Timeless Discovery. Now, use the item that Chromie gave you earlier, Curious Bronze Timepiece, to teleport to the Timeless Isle.
Turn in your quest from Chromie to the NPC in front of you when you zone in, and pick up the followup quest, which is just a redirect that points you towards the Celestial Court. Grab the flight point, and follow the quests you have towards the Celestial Court in the center of the Isle. Turn in both quests you have and pick up three new ones: Secrets of the Timeless Isle and The Emperor's Way from Wrathion and A Timeless Tour from Kairoz. Do NOT accept and complete the other quest offered called "Time In Your Hands". It will cost you 1000 Timeless Coins to complete, and that's the opposite of what you want right now since you need 5000 Timeless Coins for Wrathion. I totally recommend you do that quest at some point in the future since it opens up several other quests, but just… not right now.
The main goal here is to get 5000 Timeless Coins and the four Celestial world boss kills as soon as possible because that is the only thing standing between you and your legendary cloak now. There should be constant raid groups forming for the Celestials, and the Celestials cycle in order so you can fight them all quickly, one at a time. The only issue is that they are faction-tagged, which means that you will have to wait until your faction gets the tag. If you're on a realm and faction that suffers from a massive population imbalance, this could be a major pain and vastly increase the required time for completion. Otherwise, you should at least get one out of every two Celestial spawns and should get the four you need within a half hour tops since players will be killing them very quickly, eager to get their cloaks and/or a shot at ilvl 553 T16.
I recommend joining up with active raid groups who are also fighting the Celestials. Even though you can complete the quests without them, you will want the extra healing from raid healers to stay alive. There is a LOT of AoE damage that goes out on the Celestial fights. Most of it is avoidable, but you likely don't know the specific animations to watch out for yet, and even if you do, some of the damage isn't avoidable.
After beating the four Celestials, head around to the various areas of the Timeless Isle for your other quest. Start by heading up to The Misty Strand, which is in the NW part of the Timeless Isle. After you get there, head south to Old Pi'jiu and then follow the road to the east through Firewalker Ruins to until you reach a bridge. Instead of taking the bridge, jump off (carefully so you don't die) to the east into the area below with a bunch of frogs (don't pull them all and die that way either).
Now, ignore the quest for now and focus on these chests' coordinates because you'll complete more of the quest automatically while following this bit. Here's a map for the chests, all of the "2"s mark a chest with a high amount of Timeless Coins.
To use the code below, you must have TomTom installed. Simply select the text in the "code" block and press CTRL+C, then go into WoW, type /m and hit "New" to create a new macro. Name the macro whatever and leave the icon blank (doesn't matter), and then press CTRL+V in the text box there to paste the code into the macro. Hit save and drag the macro to your bar somewhere and click it. Clicking the macro should add all of the waypoints to your map, and afterwards, you can remove the macro.
There are 13 chests in total in that list/map, but you only need to get to up to a total of 3500 Timeless Coins for this step. Each chest will give a minimum of 250 Timeless Coins. These specific chests were selected because they provide the most Timeless Coins per time spent on the entire island, so you can get 5000 as fast as possible. After you've looted 12 of the chests, head into the last unexplored area (The Cavern of Lost Spirits) to complete A Timeless Tour. Now, head back to the Celestial Court and turn it in.
/way 63.8, 59.2
/way 65.6, 47.8
/way 58, 50.8
/way 55.6, 44.4
/way 51.2, 46
/way 46.8, 46.8
/way 47, 53.7
/way 44.2, 65.2
/way 52.8, 63
/way 53, 70.8
/way 49.8, 65.8
/way 60.4, 66.2
/way 65, 75.6
You will get a follow-up quest, The Essence of Time. This quest is absurdly easy. It requires a single Epoch Stone, which drops about 50% of the time from elite mobs on the Isle and about 10% of the time from non-elite mobs on the Isle. Just kill a few nearby elite Cranes or Yaks to get the stone you need. Turn in that quest to get a weekly version you can do later and more importantly, 1000 Timeless Coins.
Quick Timeless Coin Recap
- Time Keeper Kairoz (Alliance / Horde): 100 Timeless Coins
- Celestial World Boss kill: 100 Timeless Coins (200 Total)
- High-Coin Chests (x13): 3300 Timeless Coins minimum (3500 Total minimum)
- A Timeless Tour: 500 Timeless Coins (4000 Total minimum)
- The Essence of Time: 1000 Timeless Coins (5000 Total minimum)
You should now have enough Timeless Coins to give to Wrathion, so walk over to his location on the Timeless Isle and turn in both quests to him. He will then give you the legendary cloak quest itself, A Pandaren Legend. Hearth back to your capital in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and head to the Seat of Knowledge to turn it in, receive your Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight, and have your character displayed in the air in the Vale for a little while after the turn-in.
Congratulations on your new legendary cloak, and I hope this guide was helpful in quickly achieving the final steps of the quest line.